• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront - EPISODE VII's Jakku Gameplay Video

Remember people, the game is going to be playable on the show floor. We're most definitely going to get some bootleg videos. Those vying for actual gameplay that isn't scripted and wanting to know what the game really looks like will get their fill.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah I'm now wondering if this is one of those misleading scenarios and I'm mistaken in thinking it was PS4. The Sony exec says they were wowed by what DICE made happen on PS4 and that the guy from DICE would tell us more, then they proceed with the video (which doesn't actually have a PS4 notation embedded) and the prompts are PS4 buttons, but the image is just cleaner than the Hoth demo.

Could be they scale the visuals based on modes. Walker Assault is a 40 player mode with a ton going on versus a two player mode against AI.

DOWN

Banned
Could be they scale the visuals based on modes. Walker Assault is a 40 player mode with a ton going on versus a two player mode against AI.

That would be appreciated. I'd hate to think anyone besides the Witcher 3 devs would edit the button prompts in. Curiously, in the Hoth demo, there were no visible PS4 buttons so either different builds or something funky is going on with them purposely messing with visible prompts for show.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That would be appreciated. I'd hate to think anyone besides the Witcher 3 devs would edit the button prompts in. Curiously, in the Hoth demo, there were no visible PS4 buttons so either different builds or something funky is going on with them purposely messing with visible prompts for show.

There were definitely PS4 prompts on Hoth.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Curiously, in the Hoth demo, there were no visible PS4 buttons so either different builds or something funky is going on with them purposely messing with visible prompts for show.

Yes there were.
gThW31q.jpg

8wnxMZ5.jpg

DOWN

Banned
Yes there were.

Yeah, sorry, I clarified above. I was talking about the static HUD. There are no prompts on the Hoth version, vs always on prompts for the Co-op Tatooine footage, and Tatooine is the one without an absolute PS4 disclaimer and also looks cleaner graphically. Maybe different builds since the HUDs vary, including the minimaps
18851673201_614e97d050_b.jpg

8wnxMZ5.jpg

sphagnum

Banned
Thread title needs to be changed, this is Tatooine and not Jakku. Tatooine has two suns, Jakku has one.

Edit: Even at the very end, Ackbar says "I wish I could see the Emperor's face right now." Sheev is dead by the time of the Battle of Jakku, soooo....

Phased

That scrolling as the player pans around is way too smooth, for a good similarity look at the mock trailer for Colonial Marines they were throwing around to build up hype. Same thing.

Not saying this is on that level of dishonest but I think people should temper expectations a bit. Gameplay is coming soon so I guess we'll see.

Ramirez

That scrolling as the player pans around is way too smooth, for a good similarity look at the mock trailer for Colonial Marines they were throwing around to build up hype. Same thing.

Not saying this is on that level of dishonest but I think people should temper expectations a bit. Gameplay is coming soon so I guess we'll see.

Uh, the two trailers today were gameplay...?

There's no way they would release 2 videos, label them as gameplay, and then pull the rug out and have a downgraded version on the show floor.

Someone needs to ask if this footage was actually running on PS4. It looked very impressive, but didn't have the captured on PS4 text at the beginning. Would be very strange if they didnt show the PS4 version when they did in the other footage.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I wonder what spec of GPU i'd need to get this running on high/ultra at 1080p at a solid 60fps?

KidJr

Like everyone else in this thread I'm wondering how, not even just with the ps4 how are they going to get this 1080p 60 fps on an xbone?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
God damn it. That looks amazing. I ain't even a big star wars fan but seriously considering picking this up. Graphics are awesome. Is this running on the same engine as Battlefield 4 or have they created a new one?

Rolfgang

Holy moly, those graphics are insane! If this is really PS4 - which I kinda doubt - I don't wanna know how this will look on a high end PC.

Seanspeed

Banned
I wonder what spec of GPU i'd need to get this running on high/ultra at 1080p at a solid 60fps?
Considering we're watching PS4 footage at 60fps already, it shouldn't take anything special to match it. Above and beyond that, we don't know what settings will be what or what improvements they'll make for PC, so who knows.

Kar

Considering we're watching PS4 footage at 60fps already, it shouldn't take anything special to match it. Above and beyond that, we don't know what settings will be what or what improvements they'll make for PC, so who knows.
We watched a demo with PS4 button prompts, I dont believe for a second that the demo was running on a PS4.

Did they say how many players per match?

40 (20 vs 20) iirc from back at Star Wars Celebration.

Those images look amazing. I missed all the conferences (and the Stanley Cup final) today after picking up a second shift I had to sleep between, so looking forward to catching up on what was shown.

Impulsor

40 (20 vs 20) iirc from back at Star Wars Celebration.

Those images look amazing. I missed all the conferences (and the Stanley Cup final) today after picking up a second shift I had to sleep between, so looking forward to catching up on what was shown.

Nice, I hoped 64, but I wont mind as long as the maps are designed for that number of players.

Another question, I heard something about bots during matches, like in Titanfall. Is this confirmed? 20vs20 with bots on both sides?

Nice, I hoped 64, but I wont mind as long as the maps are designed for that number of players.

Another question, I heard something about bots during matches, like in Titanfall. Is this confirmed? 20vs20 with bots on both sides?

Bots are only in single player, I think.

But it looked like there was way more than 20 vs 20 in that gameplay demo.

Impulsor

It did look like way more than 20 vs 20.

And we will be able to play single player with bots too then?

I'm so in. This has been the best game of e3 for me.

It did look like way more than 20 vs 20.

And we will be able to play single player with bots too then?

I'm so in. This has been the best game of e3 for me.
The demo above, which is referenced on the main site, is for the co-op Missions mode where you're facing bots. Mission mode is also the single player component where you can play with bots instead of co-op iirc.

Standard matches should be 20 vs 20 at max in Walker Assault to 4 vs 4 at the low end. No bots here at this point.

We should know more after hands on impressions go up, which will hopefully deal with a little bit of both.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
I was a doubter. I didn't think they could match the trailer. I'm genuinely blown away by how good this looks graphically. There were moments where I wasn't sure if I was watching a game or a film and that is all kinds of awesome.

velociraptor

I hope a GTX 970 can max it out with room to spare.

The environments looked kinda barren; it does make sense that this could potentially be possible on a PS4. The co-op footage looked pretty crazy for a console game. I'm impressed.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is there a way to download this in 1080p with audio for playback on a PS4/XB1? trying online youtube downloaders seems to max out at 720p with audio

Faith

Wasn't anywhere near the amount of dynamic stuff going on as Uncharted 4.
Lol sure. Battlefront has by far the best graphics I've ever seen in my life. The fact that the demo was running on a PS4 is mindblowing.

The first game that let's you forget that it's not a movie.

Top Bottom