• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront - EPISODE VII's Jakku Gameplay Video

That was the old canon. At least Wookieepedia does not list the new canon DH-17 having any set amount of shots, only that it will empty the charge pack in 20 seconds with automatic fire.

The DH-17's blaster gas chamber carried enough gas for five hundred shots, and a standard power pack supplied energy for one hundred shots. The energy pack could be replaced in about five seconds by a skilled soldier, and a generator could charge a drained pack in around fifteen minutes.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DH-17_blaster_pistol

Lechuq

Neo Member
So all the negativity and downgrade shitstorm we had with the reveal trailer is off.

Well, anything is possible until the release.
It probably won't be the shistorm of BF4 but despite the good looking gameplay i'll wait for more videos played by people outside of Dice

Those stone canyons are this gen's Gears of War wet cobblestone.

Looks amazing. There was a similar location in DA: Inquisition that looked great, which makes sense considering they're running on the same engine.

Bishop89

So all the negativity and downgrade shitstorm we had with the reveal trailer is off.

The photogrammetry technique + frosbite lighting engine are a perfect match.

do we have any details regarding the photogrammetry technique? I am curious what it is and how it works

l41lLgjAaTIxTU2Zy.gif

Woorloog

Banned
Interesting that this game does not seem to have dust and lens flares and such on camera, unlike Battlefield 3/4.
Of course that would not be very Star Warsy but it is still nice to note it.

And no "pissfilter". The game looks very clean and clear, which is good.

Nemic77

We need confirmation it was on ps4 hardware.

The other video had it at the start in order to boast about it. This didn't. It leads me to believe it wasn't because why would you omit something like that when it would add to how impressive it actually is?

It doesn't look any worse than the Hoth gameplay. I see no reason to believe this wasn't PS4 gameplay. There is some aliasing around but the game still looks amazing.

The photogrammetry and lighting was put to good use here.

EVIL

you know what really bothers me. the game looks so good, but the HUD looks tacked on and flat. It almost looks like they took starwars movie footage and cut and past some sort of hud on it.

KidJr

People underestimate just how much of an effect good lighting can have on a game's overall look.

this 1000000000000000000000000000% my biggest learn since driveclub,

There are games out there with better texture work, character models (or certainly as good as) yet what this game does better than almost any other game I've seen in a lighting department.

Impulsor

Some uncertainty whether the sony conference stuff was PS4. They kind of indicated it was indirectly anyway, so I think it was.

We could see PS4 button prompts on both videos. And both videos did include the "captured from a PS4 message" didn't they?

I can understand the skepticism though.

We could see PS4 button prompts on both videos. And both videos did include the "captured from a PS4 message" didn't they?

I can understand the skepticism though.

Nah the second one didn't I think, but it was at the Sony conference and they were commenting on how good it looked on PS4. Since they showed PS4 footage at the EA one it would be weird if they didnt here.

cluderi

This just shot to number 2 on my most wanted list, looks amazing
sorry dice! ain't nothing topping Persona 5

Ramenman

The game looks a lot more beautiful in this demo than it did on Hoth. I guess the immaculate white of snow makes it harder to provide eye candy with texture and lighting than any other setting. Maybe ?

Anyway, yeah, that demo is very pretty.

Some uncertainty whether the sony conference stuff was PS4. They kind of indicated it was indirectly anyway, so I think it was.

Geoff said it was real after the conference.

Damn, those explosions look great. I can't get enough of them. I'll be blowing up shit every chance I get once I get my hands on this.

Not that easy to see in that gif, but I love how the shock-wave of the grenade sucks inwards after the initial explosion.

The Cowboy

We need confirmation it was on ps4 hardware.

The other video had it at the start in order to boast about it. This didn't. It leads me to believe it wasn't because why would you omit something like that when it would add to how impressive it actually is?

Because the Hoth one wasn't shown during the Sony conference so it made sense to label which platform it was one so people would know, this one was actually shown during the Sony conference so they had no need to label it as the PS4 version (more so considering the other one already had been) - plus it has PS4 button icons.

Nev

Banned
Something is really off about two single rebels fighting dozens of stormtroopers and vehicles while they run around casually out in the open.

Top Bottom