• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

Nice ot :)

Quick question about the deluxe edition. Is it just me or does the description of the items you get sound like it gives you a slight edge. Like "do more damage to vehicles" text. If that is indeed true it sounds a little unfair for a multiplayer game. I don't think anyone here will actually be able to answer this question until a day after the game is officially out anyway but I'll try anyway.

Quick question about the deluxe edition. Is it just me or does the description of the items you get sound like it gives you a slight edge. Like "do more damage to vehicles" text. If that is indeed true it sounds a little unfair for a multiplayer game. I don't think anyone here will actually be able to answer this question until a day after the game is officially out anyway but I'll try anyway.

Its just early unlocks of stuff you'd get through normal play.

Fantastic OT. Should I buy this for PS4 or PC?

That's up to you. Everyone by this point here knows the drawbacks and benefits of both platforms. I will say the usual reason to avoid multiplayer only games on PC doesn't apply here though. The player base for this game will be massive wherever you go. So really what it comes down to is, do you want better IQ and higher frame rate than 60? Or do you want to play with friends on PS4 and be able to sell the game later?

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN

It's still available in the standard edition. All you get with the deluxe edition is a few early unlocks.

DO NOT BUY THE DELUXE EDITION

Unless you want 2 emotes. That's the only thing that's exclusive about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but it simply gives you "instant" access to a few pieces of gear you can unlock normally after a few games.

low-G

I preordered this on Green Man Gaming when it was on super sale > month ago.

Wonder when I can expect a Origin key from them. Does Origin even preload?

Such an AWESOME OP JDHarbs! I learned something reading it! I had no idea that this game supported Dolby Atmos. Unbelievable. That has to be the first game supporting Atmos right?

I just got an Atmos Certified Denon Receiver two months ago. This could be crazy awesome.

RoKKeR

With Battlefield 3 and 4 the infrastructure collapsed on launch (particularly BF3) so nobody could play.
That has nothing to do with EA Access though. The beta's servers and matchmaking were surprisingly solid, if that's what he means.

Lovely OT, but the EU Release date is wrong. It's released on the 19th as EA made all EU games a Thursday release and changed the UK recently to match this.

Simo

Great OT mate!

I went ahead switched my preorder to Amazon, despite my misgivings with them screwing me over with Fallout 4, and as a result got the Deluxe edition for $45 after various prime savings and courtesy credits. Hopefully this one arrives on Tuesday. lol

What does this even mean? They just need to make it available lol

He probably means people are going to be downloading Battlefront Early Access, downloading their new Xbox One Update, downloading all their Backwards Compatible Titles. Then you have people buying and downloading Fallout and Call of Duty still.

If anyone can handle that traffic, its Microsoft.

mileS

Its just early unlocks of stuff you'd get through normal play.

hmm really. Thank you for the quick response.

Want to use a Twi'lek but I have this strange little gamer twitch that makes me second guess these things. Like oh will that make the head or the hitbox even bigger of a target thus putting you at a slight disadvantage. I can safely blame Halo 2 for programming me that way. The slight hitbox difference between the spartan and elites.

adj_noun

DO NOT BUY THE DELUXE EDITION

Unless you want 2 emotes. That's the only thing that's exclusive about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but it simply gives you "instant" access to a few pieces of gear you can unlock normally after a few games.

Via the Battlefront app, the DL-44 pistol is normally unlockable at level 25,and the Ion Torpedo at 4, so I guess you'd have a bit of a jump start on the Han Solo gun.

Not really worth it for me.

Das-J

Law of the West
iuMXpfY.png
Beautiful... :)

curb

Banned
Preordered my basic digital version today on PS4. Damn expensive here in Canadaland. My Star Wars love overwhelmed my common sense though since I told myself I wasn't going to get it. Weak have I become.

N30RYU

Helmetless Stormtroopers bumming me out more than they should :(

Day 1 on PS4 doe.
Agree. Stormtroopers should have only subtle customizations like coloured shoulders or something.

I won't use any helmetless skin. That's for sure. And I hope a lot of ppl will do the same.

Bishop89

Any news on the classic games yet? It's just around the corner, I assumed we would know by now. Are they available at launch?

Such an AWESOME OP JDHarbs! I learned something reading it! I had no idea that this game supported Dolby Atmos. Unbelievable. That has to be the first game supporting Atmos right?

I just got an Atmos Certified Denon Receiver two months ago. This could be crazy awesome.

http://blog.dolby.com/2015/05/dolby-atmos-coming-to-star-wars-battlefront/

Last week, EA announced that the upcoming Star Wars: Battlefront will be the first game released with Dolby Atmos® sound.

Gonna try this on EA Access and then if I like it pick it up on PS4. I got bored of the beta really fast. Not feeling good about it long term personally.

Nemic77

Aaaaargh.

It will be so hard to wait until the 20th while you US folks get to play it earlier...

Hope the PSN pre-order unlocks at midnight, at least.

ST3K3LLY

Banned
The rule of the land is to only go after helmet less stormtroopers. Fingers crossed this unlocks on ea access tonight.

Even though I used Battlefield: Hardline's trial, I forgot how the timer system worked.

So, are the 10 hours on a countdown from the second we open the application, 10 hours inside the application (so in-game time) or 10 hours on a countdown that can be stopped/started if the system is powered down entirely and powered on again?

Anyways, hyped for the trial tomorrow and even more hyped for the PC launch Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom