• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renekton

SIMPLICITY

Star Wars Battlefront marks a return to a simpler time of shooter games. There are no killstreaks, perks, or weapon attachments. No prone stance, or limited movement when aiming down a sight. Access to powerful weapons and vehicles are scattered around the map for the taking. Weapons have unlimited ammo in addition to an active-reload style cooldown system, and are weaker than most of today’s shooters which result in longer times to kill.

Ummm.....
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Killstreak

Basically COD killstreaks can net you unfair advantages like airstrikes and UAVs. They are referring to this.

BFront killstreaks are just for points.

tumblr_mm00esD4cg1rlhewgo1_500.gif

I can't wait until the inevitable Force Awakens easter eggs are found.

do u think it would be smart to go in right away? I dont want to waste time in the trial by sitting in lobbies trying to find matches.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We have one defector taking his helmet off, sure. There's never been a battle portrayed like this, however.

It only takes one ;p

Plus with all the helmets in the sand, etc, the battle is probably more intense than what we are used to in the movies.

Han and Luke had their trooper armor helmets off ;p

daffy

Banned
Not sure how I feel about no public voice chat. Is there an article where they provided the reason for this?

ryseing

DO NOT BUY THE DELUXE EDITION

Unless you want 2 emotes. That's the only thing that's exclusive about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but it simply gives you "instant" access to a few pieces of gear you can unlock normally after a few games.

Worth noting that if you have Amazon Prime it's the same price as the standard. Of course, the standard is $10 cheaper as well with Prime.

Getting the Deluxe for the box art.

Haines

Banned
Im in on a ps4 e3 predorder from when it was announced.

Played the beta and really enjoyed the polished feel. I think people are underestimating how hype this game is going to be,

Not sure how I feel about no public voice chat. Is there an article where they provided the reason for this?
My guess would be the answer to a simple question, "When was the last time you used an in game voice chat?"

On PC I have never, and u have never on PS4. Last time for me would be something from last gen.

On PS4 the party chat goes up to 8 which is just enough for the smaller modes. Not quite enough for Fighter Squadron but that mode seems extremely casual. Not nearly enough for Walker Assault or Supremacy unfortunately, and I feel for those who were hoping to set up full teams and such. At least with these modes the objective is very straight forward. Supremacy isn't even classic Conquest from Battlefield and Battlefront but instead a linear tug o war.

Laputa_94

Got the pre-load going now. Wasn't even on my radar until the beta and then it brought back the good ol' days of playing battlefront 2. and its just in time for my birthday too.

Milennia

Going to be darting for the cycler rifle/nades as my success on the beta with said combination was great.

Then its their long ranged-scoped LMG and the twilek head.

Angel_DvA

Amazing OT but besides the Star wars feel, the game is kinda boring, I'll try it one more time with the hours from EA Access but I'll probably won't bite at the end.

In online multiplyer, yes (Fighter Squadron). In offline missions w/ bots, no. Just some vehicle-focused training missions.

Woops. That should read "killstreak rewards". Thanks for the heads-up.

Yup. Just points bonuses. No rewards like weapon drops, or typical CoD stuff.

Damn, guess I'm betting it all on the online multiplayer, of which I don't see myself engaging in all that constantly. I was hoping the SP had at least most of the same modes, even if it was nerfed.

Klocker

Waiting for EA access to open the dl (45 minutes most likely) for my ten hrs and then 10% off digital purchase if I am sold

Bsigg12

I'm wondering if they're waiting for the push of the NXOE update before updating Battlefront to make it available to EA Access members. We're about 4 and a half hours away from that update going live.

Quick

Banned
I got excited seeing this OT (which is great) and thought it was coming out tomorrow or on Friday.

I GUESS I CAN WAIT A LITTLE LONGER.

FrsDvl

Gonna probably sign up for EA acces for the 10 hours. Will it be the complete game that we get to try or how does that work? I cancled my pre order cause I can't see myself spending that many hours with this, so the 10 hour trial would be perfect.

JDHarbs

Gonna probably sign up for EA acces for the 10 hours. Will it be the complete game that we get to try or how does that work? I cancled my pre order cause I can't see myself spending that many hours with this, so the 10 hour trial would be perfect.
Full game access for 10 hours. Play away :)

Quick

Banned
That live action trailer with Anna Kendrick is really awesome. Captures the spirit of the series and the game perfectly. Marketing for this as seriously been on point.

Jtrizzy

I'm wondering if they're waiting for the push of the NXOE update before updating Battlefront to make it available to EA Access members. We're about 4 and a half hours away from that update going live.

god I hope not I was hoping for midnight est. I'm getting this on PS4 and PC, therefore no pre load on EA access for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom