• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's this leaked info they're talking about on Twitch? Someone mentioned 30 on 30 battles, Chewie and Lando. Would be cool, just haven't seen it mentioned anywhere...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Why do hero power ups spawn at set places. Why can't they just spawn where any other power ups do

I think this was confirmed as fake a week or two ago. If it is the same "leak"

Yeah, it's in the guy's title, and he keeps mentioning it, no source, of course. I mean, they're not terrible guesses, can absolutely see Chewie and Lando coming.

30 vs 30 battles sounds like wishful thinking though. (but would be nice.)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, it's in the guy's title, and he keeps mentioning it, no source, of course. I mean, they're not terrible guesses, can absolutely see Chewie and Lando coming.

30 vs 30 battles sounds like wishful thinking though. (but would be nice.)

I do not see Lando coming over Ben Kenobi. It would make no sense, especially the Death Star pack coming. Chewie is a lock.

Ozorov

I do not see Lando coming over Ben Kenobi. It would make no sense, especially the Death Star pack coming. Chewie is a lock.

image.php

Palpable

Wait, so you guys were trash talking then got owned by the other team who then proceeded to trash talk about the win?

What am I missing here?

We weren't shit talking AT them. We were talking amongst ourselves voicing our frustrations over their playstyle and what was going on as the match progressed, but they decided to tell me they could hear us & were watching the stream after all was said & done.

Sounds like the other team was being unethical and unsportsmanlike by watching a stream of the other team and listening in on their voice communication. A respectable team would have informed Infinity Patriot that he left the stream on and not abused it.

Exactly. You'd think they'd stop watching it or at least let me know.

Ozorov

whynotboth.gif

I could see them doing something weird like 3 heroes and only one extra villain too, so it's not out of the realm of possibility!

Or they'll do like 6 new heroes/villians? I mean it can't be set in stone that only four new heroes will make it. I know that is what they've said but things could change... Not likely but :). Maybe they will throw in one or two heroes as free dlc.

How would the HvV mode work? It would have to be even on both sides. People would rage about balance and yada yada.

In Theory, everyone would be pretty balanced, or at least as much as they currently are now.

Although, yeah, there'd be two more characters on the Rebels side to play as, but I'd be fine with that if it's only 4.

Ozorov

In Theory, everyone would be pretty balanced, or at least as much as they currently are now.

Although, yeah, there'd be two more characters on the Rebels side to play as, but I'd be fine with that if it's only 4.

I think the HvV-mode will expand to be 4v4, 5v5 etc. Not just that you can chose heroes and it still will be 3v3

5taquitos

I think the HvV-mode will expand to be 4v4, 5v5 etc. Not just that you can chose heroes and it still will be 3v3

If they do end up adding two more heroes and two more villains, HvV mode could start 6v6 with only heroes and only spawn regular troopers after someone dies.

Edit: haha wow I can't do math, ignore this whole post.

FYI SG and Enigma, IceCold's history with DICE and EA opinions is not a good one, to the point where it's straight up trolling.

God bless you guys on gaming side

Cool vid, makes it look fun. So, why don't people use this more than the Pulse Cannon, with this having no charge time and the ability to go through Shields?

Cool vid, makes it look fun. So, why don't people use this more than the Pulse Cannon, with this having no charge time and the ability to go through Shields?

Because it's harder to use. It requires a headshot if the target is farther than 10 meters away to be a one hit kill, it also has bullet drop and travel time. PC is one hit anywhere on the body and no bullet drop or travel time to worry about.

In spirit of the excellent cycler montages by PintSizedSlasher and ElzarTheBam here is some shock blaster/cycler gameplay:

https://youtu.be/38kHJ9sLBHk

And se14c/cycler gameplay:

https://youtu.be/kRVdx_QdP1I

Holy shit at that Shock Blaster gameplay. You make it look so easy. Excellent stuff.

Thats some good stuff.

Thanks!

Xzan

Made a small Cycler Rifle montage today.
It's quickly becoming my favorite Starcard, it's so much fun to use.

http://youtu.be/UMuWT7InWvo

Nice. I think, from the shots you make in the video, that I'm accounting for too much bullet drop. Maybe its the netcode but my 50m+ shots always look like they fall well short. I'll try to aim more naturally and not over think it when I next get online.

I also have a tendency from my old TF/Tribes sniping (and Q2/Q3 railgunning) days to strafe as I fire which does nothing but introduce spread-based RNG into my BF sniping. Its kind of in-grained in my muscle memory as a reflex against counter-sniping but I guess I need to unlearn it for 'modern' games.

The kills with the Cycler Rifle are slowly racking up since the January update: 126 and climbing. Not bad for a weapon that I mostly use situationally.

So.. some News today? I hope so

Wonder when we will see some Outer Rim Footage.

I mean the DLC will probably drop mid March for Season Pass owner and 2 weeks later for standalone buy.

Xzan

Primary: Jump Pack, Focus Fire, Cycler Rifle
Secondary: Jump Pack, Ion Shot, Cycler Rifle

Its too useful in too many situations not to take it.

Nemic77

Endor:

Jump Pack, Scan Pulse, Scout Pistol
Jump Pack, Scan Pulse, Thermal Detonator

Rest of maps:

Jump Pack, Ion Shot, Pulse Cannon
Jump Pack, Ion Shot, Ion Torpedo

All these Cycler Rifle videos are making me consider dropping the Ion Torpedo though... It's near useless since the last patch.

I like consistency, my single loadouts has gotten me a 2.15KDR and a 70% win ratio. Only rarely will I use other weapons beyond the E-11. Sometimes the Jawa Blaster on Endor because it's super fun. Sometimes the T-21 or T-21b depending what challenges I have.

Endor:

Jump Pack, Scan Pulse, Scout Pistol
Jump Pack, Scan Pulse, Thermal Detonator

Rest of maps:

Jump Pack, Ion Shot, Pulse Cannon
Jump Pack, Ion Shot, Ion Torpedo

All these Cycler Rifle videos are making me consider dropping the Ion Torpedo though... It's near useless since the last patch.

Even if you're attacking the Walker in Walker Assault you're better off with the cycler rifle. Cool down is much faster and if aimed correctly does considerable damage to the At-At (you have to hit it in the tube thingie on the bottom).
Only thing where Ion Torpedo has an advantage is attacking At-St's.

Ozorov

I like consistency, my single loadouts has gotten me a 2.15KDR and a 70% win ratio. Only rarely will I use other weapons beyond the E-11. Sometimes the Jawa Blaster on Endor because it's super fun. Sometimes the T-21 or T-21b depending what challenges I have.
I do jump pack with thermal on all modes except WA Then i do the torpedo insteas of the thermal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom