• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront PC Closed Alpha

a916

"Alpha" for a game that's out in less than 5 months.

I really wish devs stopped using Alpha and Beta to just make it sound fancy.

Anyway hopefully it plays fine.

Um... what do you think Alpha means?

Beta is content complete, Alpha is the stage before that... they are 5 months out, they definitely aren't content complete, that comes closer to release.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
5 months away shouldn't be too much of a change.

It's likely that they'll do what they did for BF3 and BF4.

Use older code to stress test the online component of the game across various system configurations.

The game might only be 5 months away but the alpha code might be 10 months old.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I feel you
1062.gif

200_s.gif

Huh, so now it's sitting in my Origin Library

I'll take this as compensation for paying full price for Hardline on PC then

I was also in the BF3 alpha and BF4 alpha, and oh boy those were definitely alpha builds. So many missing textures

Literally just made an Origin account to sign up for this. Hopefully a miracle happens and I get in. I've been waiting for this game for 10 years! I need to play it ASAP!

Anybody know if I have any chance? Is it random selection? Also, I used the link posted earlier in the thread and I also signed up to the EA Star Wars newsletter. Is that all I needed to do to sign up for this?

Sorry, I just really want to make sure I did everything I can to get chosen for this!

Edit: Just noticed I was rejected. Whoops. Damnit.

Mononoke

Banned
I got in on the first pre-alpha Titanfall thingy they did. Even made the thread for it, and at first people were like YOU GOT SPAMMED/phished son. But it ended up being real lol.

Anyways, didn't get invited to this. :(

MADGAME

Are there any NDA restrictions? If not, I hope those that have access can throw us padawans some video crumbs

Sal Ami

Banned
Are there any NDA restrictions? If not, I hope those that have access can throw us padawans some video crumbs
People will be uploading footage anyways. Remember the BF3 and BF4 alphas? They had a ton of footage leaked. It did not matter people got banned.

Polygon says invites will be going out until 6/30:

Interested parties may apply for alpha access on the Star Wars Battlefront website. EA will be taking applications until 1:59 a.m. Central European Summer Time on Tuesday, June 30 (7:59 p.m. EDT on Monday, June 29).

Shy

Sorry for the dumb question gaf.
Is there anyway for me to sign up for this, and if so, could one of you lovely people provide me with a link please.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
As a fellow Swedish countryman I demand DICE grant me access to what may be my multiplayer GOTY this instant

Pretty please with lagom sugar on top? ;-;

15 months if you count the time it takes to make the game playable.

Worth it. Having a blast with BF4 right now, got it during the E3 Sale on origin, it's legit good now, maybe even better than 3

_woLf

I still don't understand why I never get invited to Origin betas when my battlefield account has every game tied to it and I've been an origin member since it launched.

EA y do u h8 me?

HelloMeow

Worth it. Having a blast with BF4 right now, got it during the E3 Sale on origin, it's legit good now, maybe even better than 3

It would be better than BF3, if it had some interesting maps and wasn't stuffed with unnecessary features, weapons and attachments. Rather than improving on BF3, they just went with "more is better".

I still play BF3. Tried to go back to BF4 a couple of months ago and it just made me want to keep playing BF3.

Tovarisc

Got email invite and then accepted to this trial, game is now in library. I live in Finland, EU.

I'm not even that hyped/interested in BFront <.<

a916

They probably could do something similar (if it's in the cards) as BF4 where the Beta goes up a month before the game for those who pre-ordered.

Top Bottom