• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Trailer, game will be 60 fps

KingJ2002

Wow... that trailer is something else... really set the bar high... and i'm not even a star wars fan.

Time to re-watch the movies.

and lord of the rings (i've never seen a single lord of the rings movie... shadow of Mordor will not be played until i see it)

DOWN

Banned
If people are going stir crazy over marketing deals - that's a little overboard IMO.

Life is just a little more fun when DLC exclusives and timed exclusives get optimized or at least launched for the top console with the much bigger audience down to the other one. F that Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Kssio_Aug

Inquisition has much nicer foliage, more lush, more motion. Frostbite has that down.

j8pssmdphjswlwq6zmea.gif

Didn't know that this game had such beautiful forest environment. And yeah, definitely that's some pretty damn good foliage over there.

Apath

That happened to me but... did you really play a Battlefield game for it's single player campaign? I doubt it. After the server issue, the multiplayer ran smoothly.
I fail to see how them eventually fixing the server negates the fact that the game was borderline unplayable for months after launch. And it took numerous "fixes" for the servers to run smoothly.

EVERY Battlefield game received the same complaints: PLEASE DICE, DON'T DO SINGLEPLAYER, SPEND ALL YOUR RESOURCES ON MULTIPLAYER.

Then that finally happens, and people are spazzing out.

I am disappointed though that 64 players didn't happen.
But that's Battlefield. This is Battlefront. Who wouldn't want a full Star Wars campaign where you play as the rebels and engage in huge, epic battles?

Yes.

"DICE general manager Patrick Bach told Eurogamer Star Wars: Battlefront does not feature a campaign. Rather, it features "crafted missions" that are played solo, with a friend via split-screen offline or cooperatively online."

Can I also just fire up multiplayer maps with a bunch of bots like the original games?

Crayon

"have you found anything yet?"

We ain't found shit.

I anticipate after you muddy is up a bit with 900p or 720p or
640p on bone
, ad texture pop, ad fluctuating framerate, and occasionally some ungraceful animations, this could still be the best looking game when it comes out. If the lighting and shadows take a major hit, then it would be a real downgrade. And lets not forget that real gameplay doesn't have cinematography. To the untrained eye, camerawork/direction/editing can make all the difference in the world.

So while I don't think it may look technically as good as this trailer, I think it could simply be a very expensive game developed by talented people with some new technology they've been working on.

There's this misunderstanding about graphical power these days. We don't need to wait for new consoles or cards to get new graphical breakthrus. We're waiting on tools. And they're coming.

Life is just a little more fun when DLC exclusives and timed exclusives get optimized or at least launched for the top console with the much bigger audience down to the other one. F that Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Exclusive or timed exclusive stuff on third party games blows for everyone.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Hopefully this isn't another BF4 where it ships unfinished.
It can ship unfinished without being a BF4, fortunately. The best multiplayer games always ship unfinished because you can't put the finishing touches on them until after you've got the data from a few hundred thousand matches to figure out what needs tweaking.

As far as how it looks, well everybody knows what "in-engine" means by now with engines like Frostbite. It means very small maps, small unit counts so you can push the IQ through the roof, directed camera work for the entire sequence and then you dub the audio. Will it look that good in game? Not in multiplayer it won't. It'll get close in Singleplayer/2-man co-op, whatever it is they have, at least on good hardware.

DOWN

Banned
It can ship unfinished without being a BF4, fortunately. The best multiplayer games always ship unfinished because you can't put the finishing touches on them until after you've got the data from a few hundred thousand matches to figure out what needs tweaking.

As far as how it looks, well everybody knows what "in-engine" means by now with engines like Frostbite. It means very small maps, small unit counts so you can push the IQ through the roof, directed camera work for the entire sequence and then you dub the audio. Will it look that good in game? Not in multiplayer it won't. It'll get close in Singleplayer/2-man co-op, whatever it is they have, at least on good hardware.
Sony needs to knock us out with another surprise EA beta partnership at E3

I asked earlier in this thread but didn't get a response...

Considering the PlayStation logos before and after the trailer, what's the likelihood that A. the Beta is PS4 exclusive and B. All DLC is PS4 timed-exclusive?

It would make sense given what EA and DICE did for BF: Hardline.

Considering the PlayStation logos before and after the trailer, what's the likelihood that A. the Beta is PS4 exclusive and B. All DLC is PS4 timed-exclusive?

Very likely. Might even have some PS4 only stuff.

Likelihood is their might be a time beta.

And map packs would come out 2 weeks earlier for PS owners.

#double butts

Top Bottom