• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Trailer, game will be 60 fps

But that's Battlefield. This is Battlefront. Who wouldn't want a full Star Wars campaign where you play as the rebels and engage in huge, epic battles?

Bullshots and anything else aside, this is my issue. Yeah, I want Battlefront 40 player sweetness, but what I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally would love would be a full on, massive single player/co-op campaign with mission objectives and all that. I'd do bad things to get that.

Megatron

Sure it looks great, but it expect cut scenes to look great. This trailer didn't show me what playing the actual game is going to look like. What a surprise.

0racle

Ok I watched it again.

Then again.

This is some bad joke. Its impossible that it will look this good. Its downright impossible.

But what I don't get is how EA&Dice say its true. How can they stick their neck out when they know the internet is comprised of a bunch of savages. I feel like im in a twilight zone where im witnessing a company self destruct before my eyes.

......or potentially take over the world.

RSB

Banned
No raw gameplay but still cool. Super freaken hyped. 40 players, 60fps, offline BOTS!

Day 1!!!!
And no ADS!!! (apparently)

I guess I should wait to see some gameplay first, but yeah, pretty much everything I'm hearing about this game sounds fantastic.

Demon Ice

Banned
It's not even the graphics that have me hyped beyond belief. It's the SOUND. They nailed all the sounds. I recognize sounds from the films. And with DICE's sound engineering...my god.

They even got Boba's blaster to sound right.

Hoooooo

Bishop89

And no ADS!!! (apparently)

I guess I should wait to see some gameplay first, but yeah, pretty much everything I'm hearing about this game sounds fantastic.
No abs is fantastic news. I detest it. Makes combat more fun when you can just aim without worrying about it

I hope they allow for custom matches. That was my favorite part of Battlefield, where you can set the custom options and just go into an AI driven match..

Valnen

It's not even the graphics that have me hyped beyond belief. It's the SOUND. They nailed all the sounds. I recognize sounds from the films. And with DICE's sound engineering...my god.

Hoooooo

This was always one of my biggest pet peeves about Star Wars video games. They almost never get the sounds completely right. There's always something off about them.

Super disappointed about no space battles though. Hopefully we get them as DLC. The sense of scale they could pull off on a next gen only game would be great. Star Destroyers could be truly huge.

deadlast

Hoooooo

GL gave Dice access to all the sounds. This game will be god-tier

elhbQx5.gif

I don't need to be told the "game would totally look like this!!! HYPE!"

If your game is hype looking then please Show, don't Tell.

E3. Duh.

Davide

I hope Battlefront could be annual now. Lots of room for expansion; campaign, space battles, Clone Wars, sequels, spin off films, etc.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Looks amazing for an in-game cinematic. Won't be that sort of fidelity though come release but I don't care, want me that Star Wars.

This has probably already been mentioned in this thread (although I scanned it and couldn't find anything), but there's currently a contest to win a SE PS4

Join us during Star Wars™ Celebration starting on April 17th thru April 19th, for a chance to win an exclusive Star Wars™ Battlefront™ custom PlayStation 4 system.

Entry to win is simple. Just follow @EAStarWars, tweet us what excites you the most about Star Wars Battlefront and include #BattlefrontPS4 in your tweet. All tweets without the official entry hashtag will not be considered entries for this sweepstakes.

This giveaway is only available for residents of the U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec) and winners will be randomly drawn from all tweets entered. Only one tweet per Twitter account and multiple tweets will not increase your chances to win.

cc0t7fcw0aas4mr5jbl3.jpg

swps47ozhd.jpg

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/589149032569774081
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-playstation-4-sweepstakes

Davide

Well, maybe not a Battlefront every year, I'm just already looking forward to playing a Clone Wars focused Battlefield and a space battle focused Battlefield. With Episode VIII coming in May 2017 we'll probably have another Battlefront in sooner than two years anyway.

It looks like it is just a custom box?

Yeah, but they do specifically mentioned that it's a SW branded PS4. It also comes with a code for the game. Which means that you won't get it until the game is released. So I guess it's going to be the SW PS4 that's we all know is coming. But that hasn't been announced so they have to use a stock black PS4.

geardo

So, this was rendered on a high-end PC or something? It looked cool, but where was the game play? We've been through the hype-machine enough times to know that this is probably BS.

Valnen

So, this was rendered on a high-end PC or something? It looked cool, but where was the game play? We've been through the hype-machine enough times to know that this is probably BS.

Well, the end of the video says "representative of Playstation 4" apparently. So with a claim like that, they invited criticism to themselves if it looks worse later on.

Skyzard

Banned
Just woke up and watched it.

The graphics were too good in the forest area, even for PC.

No way that's real-time. [Super misleading tbh - if it was just aa then it's probably 32x supersampling or something insane that we'd never match for 60fps. AND it's clearly not going to just be aa, the particles and lighting also looked way too good. Hopefully they have new, decent motion blur. They're going to eat it hard for giving the impression that that will be gameplay graphics on consoles when the downgrade thread comes about.]

Gameplay concepts look really fun though.

b0bbyJ03

Hoooooo

It will also be the first game to feature Dolby Atmos!

Jintor

My brain. The ideas. Glorious. Will need gameplay to truly sell (i've not really enjoyed playing any Battlefield since '42) but fuuuuuuuuuuck me I gotta be a part of this.

LQX

I really hope it does not feel and play like Battlefield but EA games of the same genre tend to feel the same plus DICE is making it.

Well, maybe not a Battlefront every year, I'm just already looking forward to playing a Clone Wars focused Battlefield and a space battle focused Battlefield. With Episode VIII coming in May 2017 we'll probably have another Battlefront in sooner than two years anyway.

Best if we forget the prequels.

3DShovel

Pretty disappointed that we didn't get any gameplay here (in engine != gameplay), but I'm sure it'll be a ton of fun. It really looks like EA is taking this game very seriously (which they really should), so signs are pointing to a great game.

Looking forward to it, that's for sure.

royox

I believe the exact opposite.

Well...precuels had an actual War between 2 big armies, both sides have a lot of cool war vehicles and fightersm, we had a variety of droid troops and clone troopers were awesome.

OT has a big as fuck empire against the little rebels fighting with guerrilla tactics most of the time and only the Empire seems to have war vehicles like AT-ST or AT-AT.

In terms of "war" The Clone wars was much better than the Rebelion to make war games.

Trojan X

Banned

Taking that as a grain of salt until we see the ACTUAL gameplay. Let's see if they have the balls to delay the game if it isn't ready, after all, the movie is coming out at the end of this year and, no doubt, EA US will be pushing DICE like no tomorrow to release the game around that time.

What I am curious about is how detailed they will make the maps in the game because, if you think about it, it can be very barren if they strictly stick to what the film provide. Gotta populate those sobs.

Top Bottom