• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Kinect was worked on by 10 teams, 200+ people

Theonik

200 people and none of them was a Star Wars fan with reasonable objections to the things they were doing?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So 195 coffee runners?

4 programmers
3 artists
1 producer
1 director
1 QA human
10 animation and essential game making people
40 shoe shiners
20 massage experts
5 drivers
10 back up drivers for the drivers incase of call ins and mid shift/grayarders
5 janitors
100 viral marketers

Star Wars Kinect was worked on by 10 teams, 200+ people

jackie-chan-jet-li-070510-1.jpg

graywolf323

LucasArts is currently internally making an action/adventure game, an open world RPG, and an FPS, which are all believed to be Star Wars related.

The first could conceivably be Jedi Knight.

sadly I don't trust the current LucasArts to make a good game...

Emitan

No seriously. I feel like George Lucas has two dicks and he slowly pushed them into my eye sockets and the last thing I'll ever see again is Han Solo dancing.

V_Ben

Banned
sadly I don't trust the current LucasArts to make a good game...

While this may put some people off, they hired Clint Hocking. I.e. the guy who made far cry 2. Also, the original splinter cell games. I think they may make something interesting with him leading a team.

Also, if spark unlimited is indeed working on battlefront 3, would it make sense if they contributed some assets to this game? Or sound effects? Because that would make sense to me.

Yuripaw

Banned
Good for fans? No. Good for kids? Yeah. Game is gonna sell a shitload.

Why does everything for kids today though have to be so mindless and stupid?? I mean, I was a kid once, and when I was a kid I played actual games. Not this "slam the button like an idiot" or in the case of the Kinect "jump around like an idiot" type of games all the time now.

8 and 16 bit games may seem "simple" to people nowadays, but the complexity and skill required to master them is much higher. I say "master" them though, because if you still suck at those games, it was still possible to have fun I feel too. This kind of crap just encourages sucking, and there is no feeling of accomplishment for winning, because the game basically plays itself. So fucking pointless to me.

Emitan

The thing that blows my mind is that this isn't some quick cash in. It's hugely expensive and has had hundreds of people working on it. But after all that time and money they might as well have given the team a shoestring budget for it's quality. It would sell the same and they'd actually be making more money. The greatest crime here is all the other games that could have been funded with this money but weren't.
FUCK YOU MICROSOFT FOR CANCELING OBSIDIAN'S GAME

Zomba13

Why are so many people down on the goofy Star Wars dancing bits? I love Star Wars and I find that stuff hilarious! It's obviously not meant to be taken seriously.

Why does everything for kids today though have to be so mindless and stupid?? I mean, I was a kid once, and when I was a kid I played actual games. Not this "slam the button like an idiot" or in the case of the Kinect "jump around like an idiot" type of games all the time now.

8 and 16 bit games may seem "simple" to people nowadays, but the complexity and skill required to master them is much higher. I say "master" them though, because if you still suck at those games, it was still possible to have fun I feel too. This kind of crap just encourages sucking, and there is no feeling of accomplishment for winning, because the game basically plays itself. So fucking pointless to me.

It's not for kids. It's for families. It's something everyone can gather around and play and participate in. Grandma wasn't having much fun with Super Star Wars back in the day.

Yuripaw

Banned
Why are so many people down on the goofy Star Wars dancing bits? I love Star Wars and I find that stuff hilarious! It's obviously not meant to be taken seriously.

Well I think that's what some of us want. After so many years, Star Wars has been made into a mockery when there was a time when Star Wars was an amazing franchise. Not only were the original movies classics, but there was also years of really solid video games being made for it. Games like Tie Fighter, Jedi Knight, Rogue Squadron, Battlefront. The only other Star Wars games we've gotten this entire generation are The Force Unleashed ones, and while the first game was ok...it was far from perfect, and the second one was a rush job, and a unneeded sequel.....what the fuck happened to the video games of Star Wars where we reached this point??

Top Bottom