• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws Gameplay Revealed | Ubisoft Foward 2023

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think people want beautiful looking female characters.

Almost all female protagonist in western games look butt ugly with weird face structure and all. Woke artists forcing their weird wokeness into games.
Her face isn't ugly, not even close to the current year fugly man androgynous sense.

She just has the time period 70's hair from the OG films.

Last edited:

Isa

Impressive looking if it maintains that fidelity at launch. I'm still burnt by Ubisoft but I'd be willing to give this a chance, but I expect some serious monetization as per usual. If it can deliver the goods I'll be there day 1, I want more fun adventures in the SW universe.

Cashon

Banned
This looked really good to me. Gameplay is right up my alley. It's actually almost what I'd want from a Mass Effect game.

Same kind of gameplay you saw here, but you'd play as a Spectre agent, taking on various types of missions where you get to determine how to do it and what the outcome is, while traveling across the pre-Mass Effect 1 galaxy. First-person, with BioShock 2-like controls (Biotics in one hand, gun in the other) and immersive sim level design (Deus Ex, Prey), with conversation and paragon/renegade system taken/expanded upon from the Mass Effect series.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Actress is Humberly González

FhdnbdG.png

57pL4IQ.jpg

I told y'all, Ubisoft will win SGF.

Excellent games. Concrete release dates. Proper gameplay footage.
Xbox was still better and Ubisoft surprisngly wasn't as boring as they usually are - both were good.

AC Mirage
Star Wars Outlaws

Absolute 3rd party Bangers

Avowed
Starfield
Fable
Clockwork Revolution

Absolute 1st party Bangers

Can't wait to play this day 1!

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I think people want beautiful looking female characters.

Almost all female protagonist in western games look butt ugly with weird face structure and all. Woke artists forcing their weird wokeness into games.

She isn't ugly. She just has a different hair style that matches the setting/year that this series originally released in.

I am all for fighting against slacktivists, but stop trying to find them in every shadow.

Gudji

One thing that was jarring on an otherwise good looking game... the cut scenes might be pre-rendered instead of real time, which sucks in current year since you see the framerate drop to 30.
Might be real time they just switch to 30 FPS to increase the fidelity. It's kinda like the FF16 demo I guess.

Anyways I'd guess its a fall 2024 which means its around 1.5 years away so a lot of stuff will change.

Last edited:

Cashon

Banned
Toggle to mute the heck out of her, when? She comments on the action every fricking 5 seconds.
100% agree. Why in the world do they insist on making these characters talk to themselves so much during gameplay? Please, please, Ubisoft, let us toggle that off.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
100% agree. Why in the world do they insist on making these characters talk to themselves so much during gameplay? Please, please, Ubisoft, let us toggle that off.
Maybe we can mod her so she speaks with gruff Geralt lines

"Place of power, it's gotta be"

MarkyG

inb4 visual downgrade on release. Reeks of how the Division's "gameplay" debuted back in the E3 days. We'll see I guess.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Might be real time they just switch to 30 FPS to increase the fidelity. It's kinda like the FF16 demo I guess.
True, which would make sense for equipment you acquire or outfit changes to show up in the scenes. But not a fan, really. I much prefer it stay 60 consistently throughout. Not a deal breaker either, of course.

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
I said in the other thread, I‘ll say it again: This was ‚gameplay‘ in the same way the reveals of Watchdogs or The Division from back in the day were ‚gameplay‘. This game will be downgraded hard, and you all know it.

Last edited:

Quantum253

Like it's breaking the 4th wall and talking to you, so you feel like you're right there in the action. Which makes it more like a companion-type thing. IDK, it's been a common trend for awhile now.

nkarafo

Exclamation marks when enemies see you? - check.
Yellow markings on climable objects? - check
Focus mode for precise shooting? - check

jep, this is a 2023 open world game.

Cringe one liners spoken calmly in the middle of the action? - check.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
We finally got to the point in open worlds that look as good as that section in Uncharted 4. And this is ubisoft, can you imagine Rockstar.
When she comes out of that facility for the first time in the open world, that was my very first thought: Uncharted 4.

That game came out in 2016! Seriously, it'd be an amazing day when Rockstar and Naughty Dog show gameplay of their next PS5 exclusive games.

Alex11

Very nice looking, for sure, I really like her look, it gives me a retro vibe.
Other than that, I prefer to not judge too harshly, but I have a feeling that wanted level will be something à la Origins/Odyssey, just hope the rest won't be a grind fest with towers and huge maps.

Looks unbelievable to the point of Watch Dogs first reveal years ago. Hopefully it doesn't get a massive downgrade as it looks too good to be true

ProtoByte

I said in the other thread, I‘ll say it again: This was ‚gameplay‘ in the same way the reveals of Watchdogs or The Division from back in the day were ‚gameplay‘. This game will be downgraded hard, and you all know it.
There's nothing crazy looking about this. Animations are mostly just passable, animation systems seem quite basic, textures are up to standard but not industry leading, there's no crazy amount of physicalized objects or almost any environmental destruction, and they've not shown anything that would indicate transcendent enemy AI.

Quantum253

There's nothing crazy looking about this. Animations are mostly just passable, animation systems seem quite basic, textures are up to standard but not industry leading, there's no crazy amount of physicalized objects or almost any environmental destruction, and they've not shown anything that would indicate transcendent enemy AI.
I didn't get that vibe like I did when WatchDogs was first shown. It looked amazing and really thought the next-gen consoles (PS4/One) would be a powerhouse. Of course, it was all manipulation and the final product wasn't even close ( I don't think PC was close to it). The presentation seemed like something the ps5/Series X could easily handle

CGNoire

Looks pretty darn good but knowing this is an "Ubisoft Vertical Slice" means there will be an absolutly massive visual downgrade when released.

You would have to travel to a galaxy far, far away to find someone who didn't think this woman was attractive.
I think its not just that shes a woman to these guys, but likely that shes "ethnic" too. A double whammy for some of the modern anti-woke gaf user, its almost too much lmao.

I think the "weird faces" "ugly" is code language lmao

I dont recall returnal or control getting that reaction lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom