• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 |OT| Dark Forces Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaidenXZ

I meant dead from Obi-wan chopping him into to two at the end of TPM.

Sorry i was wasn't more clear.

Ooooooh, THAT EP1 lol
Thought you meant like EP1 of this season. My bad!
Ya but wasn't he always popping up in the old expanded universe anyway? Plus his fan service armour is the thickest thing in all of Star Wars lol

You know who I'd like to see show up that would be a natural fit for the show?

The future leader of the Empire, (albeit merely a captain during the time of Rebels).

2a47e566f1f0e28d9ad74777c5d0372e.jpg

Ooooooh, THAT EP1 lol
Thought you meant like EP1 of this season. My bad!
Ya but wasn't he always popping up in the old expanded universe anyway? Plus his fan service armour is the thickest thing in all of Star Wars lol

Hah, imagine if Maul gets cut in half again in Rebels, I would die laughing

Sayers

Maul gonna see Obi-Wan? Maul gonna get mad?

Obi-Wan Season 4?

I wonder if Maul will open the holocron to see his best friend: Obi Wan Kenobi.

Cue mission to Tatooine to kill him? Luke Skywalker cameo? /fanservice

EDIT: lmao beaten

My guess is that Maul will be unable to open the Jedi holocron in much the same way that a Jedi would normally be unable to open a Sith holocron. It would require an inner peace and serenity that Maul does not have.

Sephzilla

Maul gonna see Obi-Wan? Maul gonna get mad?

Obi-Wan Season 4?

I wonder if Maul will open the holocron to see his best friend: Obi Wan Kenobi.

Cue mission to Tatooine to kill him? Luke Skywalker cameo? /fanservice

EDIT: lmao beaten

Maul learns Obi-Wan is on Tatooine.

Maul learns a Skywalker is on Tatooine. (Maul met Anakin in TCW didn't they?)

Maul tries to attack/threaten Luke to bring Obi-Wan out of hiding.

Obi-Wan off's Maul for good?

BONUS - First official meeting between Luke and old Ben Kenobi!

SpaceWolf

Banned

This order of events would please me greatly.

If it really is Obiwan that kills Maul, I'd want that in a movie. Kill three birds with one stone: Ewan McGregor gets his older Obiwan movie, Maul gets to redeem himself on the big screen, and some prequel fanservice to balance out all the OT fanservice

Uncle Owen should be the one to finally finish off Maul, just to bring everything full circle to the original robo-legs resurrected Maul from Old Wounds.

GQh7lSt.jpg

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Wounds

Lorcain

I want to see Kanan and Ahsoka start a group of force users not restricted by light or dark principles. They can use powers associated with both as they see fit. I'm guessing Ezra will probably pull back from the darkside, but I would love to see he him go full dark hero badass. The kind of force user that makes other jedi and sith uncomfortable.

Glix

The EU was never canon to George and that was what counted, but the EU itself had its own canon with tiers that allowed certain stories to overwrite others.

So strictly speaking, Thrawn was never in G-canon (full canon, named for George) but was part of C-canon (third level, below G and T, or movies and TV respectively).

Source? There was a big deal with Heir came out that George read and approved them for canon, and even lifted the details of Coruscant from Zahns descriptions.

If it really is Obiwan that kills Maul, I'd want that in a movie. Kill three birds with one stone: Ewan McGregor gets his older Obiwan movie, Maul gets to redeem himself on the big screen, and some prequel fanservice to balance out all the OT fanservice

And Satine will be played in flashbacks by

tumblr_ncnt8gW3mm1rplq83o1_500.jpg

I wish she'd survived TCW, so she could just be a character in the eventual movie. Maybe she could've lived in exile on Tatooine with him for whatever reason, but she's gone by the time ANH happens or something.

sphagnum

Banned
Source? There was a big deal with Heir came out that George read and approved them for canon, and even lifted the details of Coruscant from Zahns descriptions.

George picked and chose what he liked from the EU but he never felt bound to it. That became increasingly obvious with the prequels and TCW running roughshod over the EU and requiring a bunch of retcons.

George Lucas said:
I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions. - George Lucas, from an interview in Starlog#337

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_expanded_universe

Wookieepedia also talks about the old canon tiers a bit down this page: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

Shy

I want to see Kanan and Ahsoka start a group of force users not restricted by light or dark principles. They can use powers associated with both as they see fit. I'm guessing Ezra will probably pull back from the darkside, but I would love to see he him go full dark hero badass. The kind of force user that makes other jedi and sith uncomfortable.
I'd be down for that.

Especially the Group of force users part.

I would love that. AFAIK, Maul and Anakin/Vader never had an encounter. Anakin was not in the Maul episodes of TCW.

Rootbeer

Banned
S03E02

"He lives."
Maul knows Kenobi is still around, is that it? The way he was laughing (that crazy style he takes on when it comes to revenge) seems to indicate that.
Seeing a Kenobi/Maul showdown in Rebels would be so brilliant... even though I really wish they'd use that as the plot for a future Obi Wan film.

Since the Jedi Holocron contained the message from Obi Wan post-Order 66 it seems like the most logical conclusion.

If this is where they are heading, it does sadden me because the two easiest people in the world to get on board for a new film would be ewan and ray park. They would be ecstatic to work on something together. At the same time... well, yeah, I obviously want to see the showdown in whatever form it takes.

Other possibilities:
Maul learned Vader is Anakin (I forget, did he not know that? I'm assuming no)
Maul earns... Yoda? Is alive? I mean, I can see why he might want to try to finish off Yoda if the holocrons showed maul what an important role he still had to play.

btw, just a reminder, if you have a cable/sat account you can watch the episodes around midnight the day they air on TV on watchdisneyxd.com. Most major providers are supported.

S03E02

"He lives."
Maul knows Kenobi is still around, is that it? The way he was laughing (that crazy style he takes on when it comes to revenge) seems to indicate that.
Seeing a Kenobi/Maul showdown in Rebels would be so brilliant... even though I really wish they'd use that as the plot for a future Obi Wan film.

Since the Jedi Holocron contained the message from Obi Wan post-Order 66 it seems like the most logical conclusion.

If this is where they are heading, it does sadden me because the two easiest people in the world to get on board for a new film would be ewan and ray park. They would be ecstatic to work on something together. At the same time... well, yeah, I obviously want to see the showdown in whatever form it takes.

Other possibilities:
Maul learned Vader is Anakin (I forget, did he not know that? I'm assuming no)
Maul earns... Yoda? Is alive? I mean, I can see why he might want to try to finish off Yoda if the holocrons showed maul what an important role he still had to play.

btw, just a reminder, if you have a cable/sat account you can watch the episodes around midnight the day they air on TV on watchdisneyxd.com. Most major providers are supported.

It has to be
Kenobi, their rivalry demands closure. I'm sure Dave realises that.

TrueBlue

Spoliery speculation

The issue with Kenobi vs Maul in a movie would be the casual audience who aren't aware that he's still alive. They'd have to almost reintroduce him, which could harm the film in terms of pacing and plot.

Rootbeer

Banned
Spoliery speculation

The issue with Kenobi vs Maul in a movie would be the casual audience who aren't aware that he's still alive. They'd have to almost reintroduce him, which could harm the film in terms of pacing and plot.
I've long realized that would be a consideration but it's nothing they can't overcome if they tried.

Episode 2 spoilers:
Maul looking for hope aka a reason to live sees: Obi Wan. Ezra seeks the key to destroy the sith sees: Luke. Both are on tatooine, it fits.

NR1

Episode 2 spoilers:
Maul looking for hope aka a reason to live sees: Obi Wan. Ezra seeks the key to destroy the sith sees: Luke. Both are on tatooine, it fits.

Also, Episode 4 (the film) is titled "A New Hope." Sounds like double meaning.

I hope the season finale is
all about Maul and Kenobi with none of the Ghost crew. If they met him I would have all sorts of weird OCD issues.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I hope the season finale is
all about Maul and Kenobi with none of the Ghost crew. If they met him I would have all sorts of weird OCD issues.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

"Obi-Wan Kenobi. Obi-Wan. That's a name I haven't heard...in about four years, when I was contacted by a colourful crew of wise-cracking renegades, including a Madalorian graffiti artist, an ace pilot Twi-Lek, some kind of weird monkey man and a blind Jedi knight and his somewhat dour Jedi apprentice...who all came to warn me about the arrival of my old Sith Nemesis, Darth Maul. As it would soon turn out, I would soon join this rag-tag bunch of misfits, setting off across the stars to join them in their wacky adventures. Good times"

It's going to happen.

Jocund

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

"Obi-Wan Kenobi. Obi-Wan. That's a name I haven't heard...in about four years, when I was contacted by a colourful crew of wise-cracking renegades, including a Madalorian graffiti artist, an ace pilot Twi-Lek, some kind of weird monkey man and a blind Jedi knight and his somewhat dour Jedi apprentice...who all came to warn me about the arrival of my old Sith Nemesis, Darth Maul. As it would soon turn out, I would soon join this rag-tag bunch of misfits, setting off across the starts to join them in their wacky adventures. Good times"

It's going to happen.

LOL. Yeah, yep. Yeah. This is totally going to happen. I should be upset but I kind of want it to happen, so let's go.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

"Obi-Wan Kenobi. Obi-Wan. That's a name I haven't heard...in about four years, when I was contacted by a colourful crew of wise-cracking renegades, including a Madalorian graffiti artist, an ace pilot Twi-Lek, some kind of weird monkey man and a blind Jedi knight and his somewhat dour Jedi apprentice...who all came to warn me about the arrival of my old Sith Nemesis, Darth Maul. As it would soon turn out, I would soon join this rag-tag bunch of misfits, setting off across the starts to join them in their wacky adventures. Good times"

It's going to happen.

You have no idea how triggered and excited I am, damn

NR1

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

"Obi-Wan Kenobi. Obi-Wan. That's a name I haven't heard...in about four years, when I was contacted by a colourful crew of wise-cracking renegades, including a Madalorian graffiti artist, an ace pilot Twi-Lek, some kind of weird monkey man and a blind Jedi knight and his somewhat dour Jedi apprentice...who all came to warn me about the arrival of my old Sith Nemesis, Darth Maul. As it would soon turn out, I would soon join this rag-tag bunch of misfits, setting off across the stars to join them in their wacky adventures. Good times"

It's going to happen.

If Lucas was still calling the shots, I wouldn't doubt it for moment. The latest edits to the new UHD 4K editions of the trilogy.

Lucas: "I always intended the story to be told this way, but the technology just wasn't there to tell the story of the Ghost crew... until now. Now I can go back and tell the story I originally intended."

Rootbeer

Banned
Scene where Luke & Obi Wan "first" meet:

https://youtu.be/s4UhQ4hZzRM?t=195

The more Lucasfilm tries to fill in all this backstory they are creating, the more we run into these issues... but you can easily argue that the name he is surprised to hear is Obi-Wan, not the Kenobi part. Afterall he goes by Old Ben Kenobi, etc.

Easy to get around by maul just calling him "Kenobi" or simply "Jedi"

It's kind of a dumb plot point to begin with, though: all of a sudden, after Order 66, there's a guy named Kenobi hanging around Anakin's home planet? Hmmm. HMMM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom