• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

(Voidstar) The game now ends as soon as the Round 2 attacker's progress exceeds the progress made by the other team in Round 1.

(Voidstar) Players on the defending team are no longer placed on the speeder path if its duration would make them arrive late to the start of the match.

Yes! Awesome changes.

Lain

Experienced a weird l.o.d. thing with textures. Was on the fleet, and the textures on my character and on those around me would go from normal detailed texture to shitty non detailed textures just from rotating the camera around, and did so non-stop.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Basically, with so many people potentially wearing other classes gear with the changes in this patch, they wanted a means to identify advanced classes quickly in pvp. You can disable it if you want.

Edit: Just saw this in the notes:

(Voidstar) The game now ends as soon as the Round 2 attacker's progress exceeds the progress made by the other team in Round 1.

(Voidstar) Players on the defending team are no longer placed on the speeder path if its duration would make them arrive late to the start of the match.

Edit2: A redditor posted the cheapest method to start maxing out your droid.

Awesome change.

Sappy113

As a PvP healer, this update sucks pretty much the most epic ass I've ever experienced. Not only did they change core mechanics of my AC (Sorc), they also changed expertise to buff damage a great deal more than healing. So shit went from being fun, to being frustrating as hell.

Hope they iron shit out. I'd love to come back if the PvP gets better. I don't need ranked Warzones or any fancy hoopla - just fun games.

HBroward

Not only that, but a free test drive for any former subscribers:
FORMER PLAYERS COME BACK AND PLAY NOW ON US: APRIL 13 – APRIL 19

In honor of Game Update 1.2: Legacy, we are offering former subscribers the chance to come back and play on us.

Starting on April 13th, 2012 at 12:01AM CDT / 5:01AM GMT through April 19th, 2012 at 11:59PM CDT / April 20th, 2012 at 4:59AM GMT, former subscribers will be able to log-in to their accounts without having to re-subscribe!

In order to qualify for the seven (7) days of free*** gameplay, you must meet the following requirements:

You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.
You must have previously signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code. (This includes players in their first thirty (30) days of game time included with purchase of the game.)
You must currently have an inactive subscription.
You cannot have left the game in a banned status.
Plus, if you reactivate your former account on or before April 21st, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, you qualify for our Legacy reward: the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet*!

Giolon

I realize that they don't have to give *anybody* free game time, but giving it only to players with level 50 characters is all kinds of fucked up. If they had announced ahead of time "Hey get to level 50 by this date and we'll give you a free month", that's one thing.

But now you could have 30 level 49 characters and you get nothing. That's really going to rub some folks the wrong way.

HBroward

I would imagine it's more to mitigate all the unsubbing over the last minute removal of ranked pvp from 1.2. They want to get the first phase of ranked out before 1.3 they said, which is supposedly going to be a month away. So if they get ranked out in 2-3 weeks, they hope to have people satiated enough to continue subbing.

Edit: Also, EA should be reporting earnings on or around April 30th, so this would also serve to potentially pad the numbers for the next earnings call.

Heysoos

I'm not quite sure how I feel about the PVP changes...

As a fresh 50 in Recruit gear I feel pretty useless. Any class with any sort of dps burst, will take me down extremely quickly. I mean I understand better geared people beating out lowered geared people, but I can't even compete. Before a fresh 50 could compete decently against better geared people, now that's pretty much gone, from what I've played.

Any incentive to play a losing Warzone is gone. The rewards are pretty damn small in a loss that you're really better off trying to find another WZ. This also slows progression down to a screeching halt, which means if you're in Recruit gear you're just going to have to accept getting melted over and over.

Haven't tried PVPing with my Healing Sage but from what I'm hearing it's extremely frustrating/worthless to try to heal now. I'll have to see for myself later. :/

I don't know. I'm not trying to sound extremely whiny either, but I'm just not feeling the PVP side of this patch. The new Warzone is not all that fun either.

gatti-man

I'm not quite sure how I feel about the PVP changes...

As a fresh 50 in Recruit gear I feel pretty useless. Any class with any sort of dps burst, will take me down extremely quickly. I mean I understand better geared people beating out lowered geared people, but I can't even compete. Before a fresh 50 could compete decently against better geared people, now that's pretty much gone, from what I've played.

Any incentive to play a losing Warzone is gone. The rewards are pretty damn small in a loss that you're really better off trying to find another WZ. This also slows progression down to a screeching halt, which means if you're in Recruit gear you're just going to have to accept getting melted over and over.

Haven't tried PVPing with my Healing Sage but from what I'm hearing it's extremely frustrating/worthless to try to heal now. I'll have to see for myself later. :/

I don't know. I'm not trying to sound extremely whiny either, but I'm just not feeling the PVP side of this patch. The new Warzone is not all that fun either.

When i was a fresh 50 I got melted and my dps was pathetic. The only real skills I had were pushes and stuns. What was your og lvl 50? If it was the sage then that's why (sage was op).

Heysoos

When i was a fresh 50 I got melted and my dps was pathetic. The only real skills I had were pushes and stuns. What was your og lvl 50? If it was the sage then that's why (sage was op).

Commando was my original 50, Sage was my second but it was a healer only.

I logged in for about thirty minutes and I'm already bored to tears again. And then I find out that they're letting all previous subscribers come back for 6 days for free? Wish I would have known that about an hour ago.
Thirty minutes huh? You did the new ops, fp, and the new wz in that time? You must be good.

Why not give it a chance before trolling about it?

Lain

Sound is kinda fucked up for me during space missions. It starts normal and then it becomes muffled, after a bit during the mission it becomes louder etc. It's kinda annoying.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Thirty minutes huh? You did the new ops, fp, and the new wz in that time? You must be good.

Why not give it a chance before trolling about it?

I didn't say that I had done any of the new content. You may want to wait a little while next time before busting out the strawman.

I simply said that I had wished I would have known that they were going to be giving away a free week. Logging in playing for a few minutes reminded me that I find the end-game style of most modern MMOs to be mind-numbingly boring, and was already regretting paying fifteen dollars for a month long subscription. Regardless, I'm sure the new content that comes with the patch is really entertaining. However, playing a new flashpoint, operation, or warzone isn't going to suddenly fix all the problems I have with the game at a core level.

Moaradin

jE3jhoEMHhj3j.bmp

UI editor is awesome.

gatti-man

I didn't say that I had done any of the new content. You may want to wait a little while next time before busting out the strawman.

I simply said that I had wished I would have known that they were going to be giving away a free week. Logging in playing for a few minutes reminded me that I find the end-game style of most modern MMOs to be mind-numbingly boring, and was already regretting paying fifteen dollars for a month long subscription. Regardless, I'm sure the new content that comes with the patch is really entertaining. However, playing a new flashpoint, operation, or warzone isn't going to suddenly fix all the problems I have with the game at a core level.

Next time maybe make that your op as opposed to 30 minutes and I'm bored wah. Now all you are saying is swtor isn't for me which is totally different.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
jE3jhoEMHhj3j.bmp

UI editor is awesome.

Man I tried to get my UI to look almost exactly like that and had no success. Couldn't get the bars to be perfectly level/even with each other for some reason.

Patch has been awesome so far, visuals improved and running better even though I jacked it all up, getting better fps with all the upgrades on.

And the travel changes, thank god!

Server I'm on is pretty packed today, lot of guildies who left also resubbed. Good update

Heysoos

It's crazy, and it's not frozen. It will go up like 1% every minute or two. I even have this on an SSD...ridiculous.

Might just be a lot of people getting on right now. :( This morning it took me like 10 minutes total to update.

Edit: Seems I read your post wrong. That's weird, the actual installation phase was extremely quick.

Top Bottom