• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game | The Official Thread

Card Boy

Banned
Can I mix and match factions? The thing is there are ships of both the rebel and imperial side I like. Dash Renders ship looks cool but so does Dark Vader's ship. Or is more optimal to focus on a single one?

5taquitos

Can I mix and match factions? The thing is there are ships of both the rebel and imperial side I like. Dash Renders ship looks cool but so does Dark Vader's ship. Or is more optimal to focus on a single one?

In friendly games you can do whatever you want, but if you're intending on playing at a store you'll want enough ships from one faction to build several different 100-point squads.

Once you get into the game, you'll likely end up buying all the things anyway.

Also, I really wanted to let "Dark Vader" slide but I can't.

5taquitos

i blame auto-correct.

Dark Vader made me realize we need this turned into an expansion:

i014240.jpg

Tensketch

System open prizes!

Participation Prizes
Alt Art Vader!
opsxa2_card_vader-crew.png

Damage Deck!
opsxa2_card_vader_stack.png

Day 1 4-win prizes
Target Locks!
opsxa2_red-and-blue_tokens.png

Final Day 2-win prizes
Shields!
opsxa2_red_shield_tokens.png

Top 8
Movement templates!
opsxa2_movement2.png

Top 4
Range rulers!
opsxa2_range.png

Misc Prizes to be given out however the organisers wish
Play mats!
opsxa2_endorplaymat.png

Hangar Bay Prizes
Double sided alt art cards!
opsxa2_card_ghost.png
opsxa2_card_tie.png

AT-ST! AT-ST! AT-ST!

Nete

All the prizes are sexy as fuck. I especially dig the 'promo' Damage Deck, what a nice idea. I should think a serious list for Tatooine Open, I need those target locks and shields.

Also, Lothal in the dual card is kinda hilarious. I mean, depending on your results you can get up to 4 of these cards. You may use 4 Barons. Lothals... :D

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm surprised FFG is printing an errataed version of the Heavy Scyk title. I believe that's the first time FFG's ever released a card with errataed text in X-Wing (usually they just keep reprinting the original version of a card).

I also think they're crazy (or amnesic? or pathological liars?) for saying they'll have this thing out by late Q1 2017. That's in 11 weeks. Good luck to them.

I'm really surprised we didn't get some kind of StarViper title/fix.

Maybe we'll get the StarViper and the Kihraxz in a Scum Aces box.

I'm surprised FFG is printing an errataed version of the Heavy Scyk title. I believe that's the first time FFG's ever released a card with errataed text in X-Wing (usually they just keep reprinting the original version of a card).

I also think they're crazy (or amnesic? or pathological liars?) for saying they'll have this thing out by late Q1 2017. That's in 11 weeks. Good luck to them.

Maybe we'll get the StarViper and the Kihraxz in a Scum Aces box.
StarViper and Kihraxz together makes sense as both were used heavily by Black Sun.

Keep in mind though that this is the elusive 58, so it's been in design/production for as long as the U-Wing and other Rogue One ships.

Tensketch

If they're going off fiscal calendar, which I kinda doubt because it's not widely known, then we'd be looking at April. Which would match up with Wave X being Q4 2016, which people have predicted as March.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
If they're going off fiscal calendar, which I kinda doubt because it's not widely known, then we'd be looking at April. Which would match up with Wave X being Q4 2016, which people have predicted as March.

FFG giving fiscal calendar dates for release estimates, despite not specifying them as such, is the only explanation that makes sense for this announcement. All the other announcements I've chalked up to FFG being very bad at meeting their own estimates, but with how soon this estimate is from now, there's no way they could be so daft. If they've been giving fiscal quarters all along ... mindblown.gif

pompidu

Scum too strong. Manaroo and zuckuss pretty much tilt this game so hard. Manaroo is the best ship in this game. Her pilot skill needs a range restriction along with only blue target locks can be moved, not red too.

This is why I stay away from competitive. It's either palp or some manaroo fuckery no in-between.

Arttemis

Cool to see an X-Wing following here! I'm pretty excited for this epic expansion! I have 4 Scyks already, and the new one will bring me up to 5. I'm tempted to pick up 3 more and piecemeal 2 more "Light" titles to make a swarm of 8.

Swarm Leader on an Ace with 2 Light Scyks and 2 Heavy Scyks is really something I want to try - and if I'd like to come up with a way to use Vizago's illicit swap, too! Can't wait for the rest of Wave X to release, either!

Anyone here also interested in Armada? Corellian Conflict and Wave 4/5 have turned Armada into my current favorite at my FLGS!

pompidu

Cool to see an X-Wing following here! I'm pretty excited for this epic expansion! I have 4 Scyks already, and the new one will bring me up to 5. I'm tempted to pick up 3 more and piecemeal 2 more "Light" titles to make a swarm of 8.

Swarm Leader on an Ace with 2 Light Scyks and 2 Heavy Scyks is really something I want to try - and if I'd like to come up with a way to use Vizago's illicit swap, too! Can't wait for the rest of Wave X to release, either!

Anyone here also interested in Armada? Corellian Conflict and Wave 4/5 have turned Armada into my current favorite at my FLGS!

Welcome!

Never got into Armada, heard it's has super long games.

New build that I think I will possibly have some success with. Thoughts?

Code:
TIE Advanced: · Darth Vader (29)
	 · Squad Leader (2)
	 Concussion Missiles (4)
	 Guidance Chips (0)
	 TIE/x1 (0)
	 Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
TIE Advanced: · Juno Eclipse (28)
	 Predator (3)
	 Concussion Missiles (4)
	 Guidance Chips (0)
	 TIE/x1 (0)
TIE Advanced: · Lieutenant Colzet (23)
	 Concussion Missiles (4)
	 Guidance Chips (0)
	 TIE/x1 (0)
	 Fire Control System (0)
-- TOTAL ------- 99/100p. --

Mrcapcom

Welcome!

Code:
	 · Squad Leader (2)
	 Concussion Missiles (4)
	 Guidance Chips (0)
	 TIE/x1 (0)
	 Predator (3)
	 Concussion Missiles (4)
	 Guidance Chips (0)
	 TIE/x1 (0)
	 Concussion Missiles (4)
	 Guidance Chips (0)
	 TIE/x1 (0)
	 Fire Control System (0)

I like the action economy with the Target locks and ATC and the Missiles I kinda want to swap out one of the Tie Advances for Vessary. I gotta look up what Juno and Colzet do as far as ability to see how they synergize

Edit Colzet - Spend target lock to flip dmg face up and Juno is change any maneuver 1 speed up or down. I feel like Colzet is nice you can spend your target lock and get it back with FCS after the attack. Juno I would easily replace with Vessary or Ryad keep in mind I haven't calculated cost etc. I'm gonna throw this into the Squad builder and see if I can swap that third ship but I like this list though.

EYEL1NER

I guess I've been interested in Armada for a while; I bought the core set shortly after it came out (got an amazing deal on it) and then went on to buy another range/maneuver template, all of wave 1, and all of wave 2. I've never gotten around to learning how to play it though. I've read the rules but some of it didn't make sense to me. I imagine that if I got it out and just tried to play a solo game against myself, that I could learn it quickly. But another issue is that I have no storage solution for it like I do for X-Wing; so I just left it all in its packaging since I didn't know what to do with it.

A guy I play X-Wing with infrequently does own some Armada product but a couple other people have expressed interest in it. The store in Columbia that I drive to for OP events hosted an Armada event recently too but I don't know what the turnout was like. The people that got it going had been posting on the area X-Wing FB group asking if anyone was interested in Armada or Imperial Assault events and it didn't seem like they got many replies. I was like "Yeah, and I own both, but I don't know how to play either game and cannot make frequant trips into the city to learn it when you guys get together on week nights. I think a lot of X-Wing players in the area are shifting any of their slight interest in Armada or Imperial Assault to Star Wars Destiny though, which I don't plan to get into (I'm done with blind buys and the CCG business model, I tried it with Dice Masters and can't bring myself to do it again).

A guy that just moved to town who wants to host board game nights once he closes on his house said he thought he might want to try Armada though, so maybe he and I could try to learn it together.

pompidu

I like the action economy with the Target locks and ATC and the Missiles I kinda want to swap out one of the Tie Advances for Vessary. I gotta look up what Juno and Colzet do as far as ability to see how they synergize

Edit Colzet - Spend target lock to flip dmg face up and Juno is change any maneuver 1 speed up or down. I feel like Colzet is nice you can spend your target lock and get it back with FCS after the attack. Juno I would easily replace with Vessary or Ryad keep in mind I haven't calculated cost etc. I'm gonna throw this into the Squad builder and see if I can swap that third ship but I like this list though.

Juno is great for blocking, I had good success with the one game I played with it. As long you fly as a group and take advantage of asteroids this list will do work. Missiles also have almost 100% chance of hitting all 4 shots. Colzent is hilarious, started a critical chain reaction because of that ability. Pretty ridiculous ability if you keep him alive.

Edit: colzent is really good because there is no way to strip the FCS target lock since the round usually ends after he shoots due to low PS.

Mrcapcom

Juno is great for blocking, I had good success with the one game I played with it. As long you fly as a group and take advantage of asteroids this list will do work. Missiles also have almost 100% chance of hitting all 4 shots. Colzent is hilarious, started a critical chain reaction because of that ability. Pretty ridiculous ability if you keep him alive.

Edit: colzent is really good because there is no way to strip the FCS target lock since the round usually ends after he shoots due to low PS.

Thats Dope never thought about it like that. I'm not 100% good at blocking just yet so it never occurred to me for that.

Nete

FCS Trollzet is an amazing way to spend 23 points (the missile there is a nice extra tho). Put him in a list with two big threats, and will stay relatively safe freely blocking and turning cards all around the map.

Actually, my best tournament until now (5-0) was using a Soontir-Whisper-Trollzet list, and he was goddamn clutch in several games. I really need to get back flying Imps and put him in a list.

pompidu

Thats Dope never thought about it like that. I'm not 100% good at blocking just yet so it never occurred to me for that.

8 PS is nice an high to block and also avoid bump with the pilot skill. It's also any manueveur in the game he change it to. No one expects a tie advance to do a 1 hard, also opens up to 3 different k turns. Which is even more silly.

FCS Trollzet is an amazing way to spend 23 points (the missile there is a nice extra tho). Put him in a list with two big threats, and will stay relatively safe freely blocking and turning cards all around the map.

Actually, my best tournament until now (5-0) was using a Soontir-Whisper-Trollzet list, and he was goddamn clutch in several games. I really need to get back flying Imps and put him in a list.

Missiles are necessary to strip as much sheild as possible. Then you can just zoom around, take a tl or if you shoot , take the evade , FCS, then flip up damage cards.

Arttemis

Welcome!

Code:
	 · Squad Leader (2)
	 Concussion Missiles (4)
	 Guidance Chips (0)
	 TIE/x1 (0)
	 Predator (3)
	 Concussion Missiles (4)
	 Guidance Chips (0)
	 TIE/x1 (0)
	 Concussion Missiles (4)
	 Guidance Chips (0)
	 TIE/x1 (0)
	 Fire Control System (0)

Really nice build! Just spitballing some ideas that I'd try to make it my own, I would drop Predator from Juno... the new Expertise card that is a permanent offensive focus would be dirty, there. Free crit from ATC and focus->hits!. It would bump you up to 100 pts. Also, if you could drop Vader's missile and swap Squad Leader for Swarm Leader, you could steal their evades and add two dice to Vader's attack and you'd be left with a few points bid for initiative. That seems so fun that I think I'm going to do that in my next game of X-Wing!

As for Armada, it's really not that bad! My very first game was 3 hours, and that was against an opponent who had only played once before. Once you understand the rules, which are really straight forward, the game can go very fast. All you need to know are the 4 command functions, their respective token functions, and the 5 defensive tokens.

Play a game or two without any upgrades, and you'll be fine with all the mechanics!

I guess I've been interested in Armada for a while; I bought the core set shortly after it came out (got an amazing deal on it) and then went on to buy another range/maneuver template, all of wave 1, and all of wave 2. I've never gotten around to learning how to play it though. I've read the rules but some of it didn't make sense to me. I imagine that if I got it out and just tried to play a solo game against myself, that I could learn it quickly. But another issue is that I have no storage solution for it like I do for X-Wing; so I just left it all in its packaging since I didn't know what to do with it.

A guy I play X-Wing with infrequently does own some Armada product but a couple other people have expressed interest in it. The store in Columbia that I drive to for OP events hosted an Armada event recently too but I don't know what the turnout was like. The people that got it going had been posting on the area X-Wing FB group asking if anyone was interested in Armada or Imperial Assault events and it didn't seem like they got many replies. I was like "Yeah, and I own both, but I don't know how to play either game and cannot make frequant trips into the city to learn it when you guys get together on week nights. I think a lot of X-Wing players in the area are shifting any of their slight interest in Armada or Imperial Assault to Star Wars Destiny though, which I don't plan to get into (I'm done with blind buys and the CCG business model, I tried it with Dice Masters and can't bring myself to do it again).

A guy that just moved to town who wants to host board game nights once he closes on his house said he thought he might want to try Armada though, so maybe he and I could try to learn it together.

I'm not into Destiny due to the random CCG design, but I'm really in love with Armada.

For storage, I'd recommend dedicated faction, cheap, pluck foam cases from Harbor Freight ($20 after coupon) for ships, and SirWillibald paper boxes for squadrons.
Here's my storage solution: http://imgur.com/a/GkMXs

The rules may seem daunting, but they're so straight forward, and there are only 6 rounds max. Set all your ships commands first, player 1 picks a ship and reveals its command and performs it, shoots, then moves - then it's player 2's turn. That goes back and forth until you're out of ships. Then player 1 chooses 2 squadrons to move or attack with, and that goes back and forth. That's the whole turn! Repeat five times and the game is over.

pompidu

Really nice build! Just spitballing some ideas that I'd try to make it my own, I would drop Predator from Juno... the new Expertise card that is a permanent offensive focus would be dirty, there. Free crit from ATC and focus->hits!. It would bump you up to 100 pts. Also, if you could drop Vader's missile and swap Squad Leader for Swarm Leader, you could steal their evades and add two dice to Vader's attack and you'd be left with a few points bid for initiative. That seems so fun that I think I'm going to do that in my next game of X-Wing!

As for Armada, it's really not that bad! My very first game was 3 hours, and that was against an opponent who had only played once before. Once you understand the rules, which are really straight forward, the game can go very fast. All you need to know are the 4 command functions, their respective token functions, and the 5 defensive tokens.

Play a game or two without any upgrades, and you'll be fine with all the mechanics!

I'm not into Destiny due to the random CCG design, but I'm really in love with Armada.

For storage, I'd recommend dedicated faction, cheap, pluck foam cases from Harbor Freight ($20 after coupon) for ships, and SirWillibald paper boxes for squadrons.

The rules may seem daunting, but they're so straight forward, and there are only 6 rounds max. Set all your ships commands first, player 1 picks a ship and reveals its command and performs it, shoots, then moves - then it's player 2's turn. That goes back and forth until you're out of ships. Then player 1 chooses 2 squadrons to move or attack with, and that goes back and forth. That's the whole turn! Repeat five times and the game is over.

Thought about expetice but I'd rather have a reroll and keep the tl and kepp the free critical.

Squad leader I prefer to keep just to keep evade tokens up on as many ships as possible. They're all low HP ships and giving a free action to someone who needs it seems more valuable, like keep colzent alive.

pompidu

I want to try that list but I only have 2 Tie Advances so I'm trying to think of a good third ship.

Keep colzent and Vader and throw in a jendoon lambda, block with it and pass tl's. Don't know if that's too many points or not.

Maybe something like this?
Code:
Lambda-Class Shuttle: · Colonel Jendon (26)
	 Collision Detector (0)
	 Tactical Jammer (1)
	 Systems officer (2)
	 · Darth Vader (3)
	 · ST-321 (3)
-- TOTAL ------- 35p. --

EYEL1NER

Thanks. Those cases look pretty good. Does Harbor Freight sell just pluck foam or do you have to buy a cases that contain it? I ask because I have a couple old transit cases and pelican cases that I could throw the foam into, if it was pretty cheap to just buy the pluck foam. Or I could order some foam online, but I never new that was something Harbor Freight would carry; I've got one near me that I've never been in.
I've got the rulebook here on my iPad though, so I'll reread it sometime in the next few days. I'm trying to learn Dead of Winter, Burgle Bros, and a couple other games for upcoming game nights, so we'll see what I get around to it I guess.

Mrcapcom

Striker builds!
Apart from the 5 striker swarm, I have no idea what named pilot builds work. So anybody got some?

I wanted to run a whisper/ryad/duchess list.
I played this and its 1-0

Quickdraw
spec ops
swarm leader
FCS

Vessery
SD
X7
Juke

Pure Sabacc
LF
AA
Juke

AA really is fun since you get a free boost basically. I ran this list with the mind set that everyone has there own functions but once Quickdraw had a chance he would swoop in with the 3 dice + Swarm leader. Was fun not sure how competitive it is, when I made the list it was just a list to play all the new ships

Nete

I didn't have a chance to use them yet, but I faced the Duchess a few times and is *a big* pain in the ass. Usually as part of an ace list (Whisper, Inquisitor and various Defenders as wingmen), with Predator, title and Lightweight Frame.

For the other named pilots, I see Sabac as a 4-dice attack 26-27 points filler, with some juicy wingmen so it won't become *the* target. Countdown... meh. Against 2 ship lists can be useful, but I don't really like it.

Mrcapcom

I didn't have a chance to use them yet, but I faced the Duchess a few times and is *a big* pain in the ass. Usually as part of an ace list (Whisper, Inquisitor and various Defenders as wingmen), with Predator, title and Lightweight Frame.

For the other named pilots, I see Sabac as a 4-dice attack 26-27 points filler, with some juicy wingmen so it won't become *the* target. Countdown... meh. Against 2 ship lists can be useful, but I don't really like it.
Yea I love Duchess and Sabacc. Sabacc is still decent without his extra dice so he's worth it. With Countdown I'm not sold in damaging myself sel, I barely want to do it with Vader Crew

Nete

Yea I love Duchess and Sabacc. Sabacc is still decent without his extra dice so he's worth it. I'm not sold in damaging mysel, I barely want to do it with Vader Crew

But you don't need to with Sabacc. It says "1 or fewer Damage cards", so if he is undamaged will roll the extra attack. A 4 attack dice ship for that price is fantastic, and once has received two hits is still a 3-dice ship that may have served to distract attacks from other more valuable ships.

Mrcapcom

But you don't need to with Sabacc. It says "1 or fewer Damage cards", so if he is undamaged will roll the extra attack. A 4 attack dice ship for that price is fantastic, and once has received two hits is still a 3-dice ship that may have served to distract attacks from other more valuable ships.
Fixed lol I was referring to Countdown you cancel all dice at the cost of damaging yourself. Sabacc and Duchess are awesome. I think I'm going to buy another Striker I figure ill at least get another light weight frame for other ships

Nete

Countdown would be awesome if he could use his hability more than once per turn. But as it is right now, if he faces more than one ship (or a single TLT), he is fucked :p. In a 1-on-1 is great tho.

Lightweight frame is stupidly good on TIE/sf. Backdraft with that is almost criminal.

Mrcapcom

I haven't tried backdraft yet just quickdraw but I'm trying to come up with a list with him in it. Maybe Ryad Duchess and Backdraft. Either way I need a second striker.

Nete

Went 2-4 on the regional, with a couple games I could (maybe I should) have won if I didn't fuck it up with my decisions in the initial aproach.

Round 1
Chiraneau (VI, Hotshot Copilot, Gunner, Engine Upgrade)
Whisper (VI, FCS, ACD)

Lost 39-100. I consider this a bad pairing (two high PS, high mobile and lethal ships), but he just played better than me. Still, Whisper got down kinda quick and Chiraneau was left just 1 HP shy from getting half his cost.

Round 2
Scimitar (title, Systems Officer, Fleet Officer, MkII)
Ryad (x7, Juke, Stealth Device)
Rexler Brath (x7, Juke, Stealth Device)

Won 100-75, against a guy that would finish in the top 8 (14th in the swiss). Rexler shields and half Bomber (yummi crits) were gone during the first pass, with the Bomber exploding next turn. From there the dice were *insanelly* hot for both of us (except for the bombs, they sucked this game with only the seismic doing damage) and Juke gave me tons of problems. Boba emerged victorious.

Round 3
Biggs (r4-d6, IA)
Shara Bey (Draw their fire, Weapons engineer, R2-D2, title)
Norra (PTL, Tail Gunner, R2, Hull Upgrade, title)

Lost 26-100, he would finish 26th in the swiss. I fucked it up big time in the aproach, with a *terrible* call in how would Emon end after certain move near a rock in what would be the first round of shots. It ended not only landing on it, so it wouldn't attack, but it would overlap it again next turn moving out so I couldn't drop the bomb on the ARCs heads as it was my intention. It was a closer game than I expected after my fuckery tho, with Norra escaping with 1 HP left (damn you, Hull Upgrade) to regen and close the game.

Round 4
Fenn Rau (PTL, Torpedo Frag, Stealth Device, title)
Bossk (Adaptability, Manler, Dengar, 4LOM, Gonk, Glitterstim, Engine Upgrade)
Binayre Pirate

Won 100-25. Emon got hitted hard in the first turn of combat (4 shields, 1 hit and a crit), but from there he was just God Almighty. At the next round he dropped a perfect Cluster mine (2 templates on it, the third just in front) to kill an untouched Fenn. He also finished Bossk with another 3 template-hits Cluster and a round of fire after Boba stripped his shields, and killed the Z95 a couple turns later.

Round 5
Glaive (Crackshot, X7)
Ryad (Crackshot, X7)
Vessery (Crackshot, X7)

Lost 34-100, against another top16 player (9th in the swiss), and one of the best players in my area who also decided to travel to this regional*. This is the second game where my stupid decisions costed me the game, in this case with a terrible initial approach with Boba who only could strip a couple shields before dying. Emon did a pretty good job tho, obliterating Vessery with some shots and a triple-template Cluster hit, while stripping the Glaive shields and left Ryad running for ther life with 1 or 2 hitpoints left.

Rounds 6
Biggs (R4d6)
Keyan Farlander (Stay on Target, Advanced Sensors, can't remember what else)
Braylenn (R3A2, title)
Z-95

Lost 26-100. Tough match... but fuck you, dice. That Z95 single handly killed Boba Fett while evading *everything*. It was an hilarious game, especially because it was against a guy I've known for a few years through Vassal and none of us had a chance to reach the top, but fuck those dice.

I finished in the lower third of the table, hunting a TIE Bomber in the prize raffles plus a couple range 1 and range 2 rules as a gift by the hosts. The next day I played an Hangar Bay event with my ARC list (which I will probably use in the next regional in three weeks, this time in my own Barcelona), with a 2-1 that served to get some extra Stress acrylics and a Predator promo card.

*Up to 13 guys from my area moved to play this regional, 350km away. 7 of them finished in the Top 16, including the complete top3 of the swiss and who would win the whole thing (6th in the swiss).

EYEL1NER

Thanks for the report, Nete. Where was this regional? I'm guessing not in the USA, since you mentioned kilometers. I can't say that I've flown against any of those exact lists, a couple similar though. I know that you lost round one but congrats on taking out Whisper before the Decimator at least; pinning her down early can be really tough. Is there anything you are maybe thinking about changing in your list, or are you satisfied with the list and just dissatisfied with the way the matches turned out?
I love those ARCs you flew against too, especially the one in front.

Anyone have advice for a good fix for breaking off the connecting peg or female joint on a ship? I snapped one off of one of my K-Wings when trying to insert a peg into it and need to do something about it soon. Should I just go ahead and magnetize it? I was looking and could have sworn I had seen magnet mod tutorials specific to the K-Wing before but I can't find any.

Nete

Thanks for the report, Nete. Where was this regional? I'm guessing not in the USA, since you mentioned kilometers. I can't say that I've flown against any of those exact lists, a couple similar though. I know that you lost round one but congrats on taking out Whisper before the Decimator at least; pinning her down early can be really tough. Is there anything you are maybe thinking about changing in your list, or are you satisfied with the list and just dissatisfied with the way the matches turned out? I love those ARCs you flew against too, especially the one in front.

In Valencia, Spain, ~350km from my home near Barcelona. Along the regional in Barcelona itself on Fabruary 4th-5th, I also plan to travel to Madrid on February 13th-14th, which would be another ~600km.

Overall I'm happy with the list. I mean, if I didn't fuck up those two games (3rd and 5th) I would have had a chance of reaching the Top, which is crazy with the player level around here and because I'm not just using a double Firespray, but one is fucking Emon.

Changes, the plan was always to switch Emon's Glitterstim for an Scavenger Crane (and a Cluster for a Conner to have more flexibility), but I won't be able to do it on the next couple regionals... as the Quadjumper will be released here on February 3rd and the deadline for the lists will be one week earlier. Yeah, here in Spain we can't decide what to use the same day the tournament starts, we have the tradition of sending them a couple weeks earlier so the organization can check them with calm and to avoid list-scouting.

And those ARCs are mine :p. I'm a sucker and I never remember to take pictures, but somehow I managed to get those two. One from the round 6 of the Regional, the other from the first Hangar Bay game.

Anyone have advice for a good fix for breaking off the connecting peg or female joint on a ship? I snapped one off of one of my K-Wings when trying to insert a peg into it and need to do something about it soon. Should I just go ahead and magnetize it? I was looking and could have sworn I had seen magnet mod tutorials specific to the K-Wing before but I can't find any.

Magnetize. Magnetize all the things. Is great and really handy. This thread on FFG's should help you with anything you need.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/131037-magnets-how-they-work-for-x-wing-miniatures/

Actually, there's some K-wing info in the last page right now.

EYEL1NER

In Valencia, Spain, ~350km from my home near Barcelona. Along the regional in Barcelona itself on Fabruary 4th-5th, I also plan to travel to Madrid on February 13th-14th, which would be another ~600km.

Overall I'm happy with the list. I mean, if I didn't fuck up those two games (3rd and 5th) I would have had a chance of reaching the Top, which is crazy with the player level around here and because I'm not just using a double Firespray, but one is fucking Emon.

Changes, the plan was always to switch Emon's Glitterstim for an Scavenger Crane (and a Cluster for a Conner to have more flexibility), but I won't be able to do it on the next couple regionals... as the Quadjumper will be released here on February 3rd and the deadline for the lists will be one week earlier. Yeah, here in Spain we can't decide what to use the same day the tournament starts, we have the tradition of sending them a couple weeks earlier so the organization can check them with calm and to avoid list-scouting.

And those ARCs are mine :p. I'm a sucker and I never remember to take pictures, but somehow I managed to get those two. One from the round 6 of the Regional, the other from the first Hangar Bay game.

Magnetize. Magnetize all the things. Is great and really handy. This thread on FFG's should help you with anything you need.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/131037-magnets-how-they-work-for-x-wing-miniatures/

Actually, there's some K-wing info in the last page right now.
That's a bit of distance to go, I guess. Nice that there is a regional near home in a couple weeks though, closest one to me was ~200 miles (so a little over 300km) and I wound up not going.

I went back two pages and saw your ARCs posted there. I remember seeing you post them the first time around and the color scheme in that picture looked familiar, but I saw them and assumed they were from the opponent you faced in round three. Which makes no sense now that I think about it, because there is a YV-666 and Z-95 facing them, and you flew the dual-Firesprays. I liked those the first time I saw them, but I really like that view from above on them, especially the red one.

I'll give that thread a glance, thanks. I believe I've looked at it in the last but I'll skip to the end if there are K-Wings there. I've been wanting to magnetize them for a while (and chop off the landing skids and relocate one of the turrets to the rear like a tailgunner, but those mods will wait for now), so this one breaking might as well make now the best time to do it.

Nete

I decided I will go the Open and the European with Asajj as Emon's wingman (or wingwoman), so there is something I had to do.

zk8a0br.png

Actually, I also need to repaint the Lancer. But that can wait.

Mrcapcom

Guys what would make a good competive Rebel list? How how it should be flown?
Here are the expansions I have

All Imperial (hehe)
Ghost
Falcon
Heroes of the Rebellion
Both Cores
K Wing (maybe exclude this I only have one and my son uses it But I can take his cards hehe)
M3A
Star Viper
Mist Hunter

I was thinking of buying the YT-2400 or U Wing next not sure though.
But with that above can you guys help?

Tensketch

I decided I will go the Open and the European with Asajj as Emon's wingman (or wingwoman), so there is something I had to do.

zk8a0br.png

Actually, I also need to repaint the Lancer. But that can wait.

Yaaaaaaaas! Where did you get that image of the banshee? It's brilliant.

I've been trying to replicate the system open cards myself for a few generics:
09750BC2EB692FCB89F1FE1CDABA8D691NFRONT1.jpg

09750BC2EB692FCB89F1FE1CDABA8D691NBACK7.jpg

09750BC2EB692FCB89F1FE1CDABA8D691NFRONT34.jpg

They're double sided, so the U-wing has a Scarrif Defender, Delta has a Glaive and the Contracted Scout has an Omicron Group Pilot.

EDIT: Also I'll bold this incase no one has heard. THE REMAINING WAVE X SHIPS ARE OUT ON THE 2ND OF FEB, JUST UNDER 2 WEEKS TIME

Went to the regionals in Mississippi yesterday. The first half of the day went well before going horribly downhill.

My squad:
Fenn Rau
-Concord Dawn
-Push the limit
-Autothrusters

Bossk
-Veteran Instincts
-Mangler
-Hotshot Copilot
-Gunner
-Zuckus

Binayre Pirate
-Thread Tracers
-Guidance chips
-Slicer tools

Round 1
3 X7 Defenders
Win, 25-100
Hotcop gunner Zuckus stripped their tokens down perfectly to give Fen Rau super accurate shots. Fenn and the pirate came out unscathed.

Biggs, jess, norra
Lost by 1 point
I hate Rebel regen. It works but it's so frustrating to focus fire. It was down to half health Bossk and Fenn against Norra with 1 hull left when time was called and I lost by a single point.

Poe, Norra, stresshog
Win
Fenn took 3 stress in one turn and had to go on the run. Poe also had to be very conservative because of hotshot. My Headhunter spent forever tailing the Y trying to slicer tool it. With a pile of 6 stress tokens it only worked once but at least it was the final blow. In the end I managed to kill Norra in the final round (not wanting to repeat last game). Poe survived unscathed.

Norra, Miranda, z
Lose 100-17
This was my first complete loss. No matter how much I focus fired Miranda or Norra I couldn't burn either down. In the end stressed Bossk got trapped bumping into Norra again and again while Miranda tailed him.

Rey, Norra
Lose
I had both so close to death but just couldn't pull it off. Rey's ability is a perfect counter to Fenn. Both survived with 3 hull remaining.

Lothal reb, Nera, shuttle
A Ghost with the autoblaster accuracy corrector range 1 death bubble is Fenn's nightmare. Both the Ghost and B charged me. Bossk and the rebel traded a lot of damage back and forth but Bossk naturally went down first before the Headhunter was caught in range 1. Finally Fenn had the perfect opportunity. He was unscathed while the rebel had only five hull left and I had a target lock from earlier. I predicted where the rebel would land and charged in at range 1 to focus. Nera had me at range one but I HAD to get rid of the rebel/my biggest tgreat. I roll all five hits on the ghost managing to hang onto my focus for defense. Nera rolls 4 dice, all hits. Fenn rolls 4 dice, all BLANKS. I'm still a bit salty.

I had fun over all and it's a really fun list but I was really hoping I would do better. 40th out of 60.

Nete

^That's a lot of Norras. Around here she still doesn't appear that much outside those few of us who fly double ARC lists. I think I saw around 5 in the last regional, we'll see how many in the next one in two weeks. There will be at least one, mine :p

*beautiful custom cards*

Those are really, really cool. My only problem with that design is it doesn't work that good with unique pilots due the lack of hability text (not that someone would read it being in auberesh :p) and a quick way to identify it oustide checking the pilot PS, as usualy the ships doesn't have a unique scheme outside few exceptions (Boba, Emon, Asajj's Banshee and so). For generics is awesome tho.

The Banshee image is an official artwork after some hours of me smashing my head against Photoshop. Kinda painful, but I'm happy with the result.

Guys what would make a good competive Rebel list? How how it should be flown?
Here are the expansions I have

All Imperial (hehe)
Ghost
Falcon
Heroes of the Rebellion
Both Cores
K Wing (maybe exclude this I only have one and my son uses it But I can take his cards hehe)
M3A
Star Viper
Mist Hunter

I was thinking of buying the YT-2400 or U Wing next not sure though.
But with that above can you guys help?

Not a lot of material to work with on ships, you are forced to go with a Ghost-Falcon list or one of the biggies and one or two T-70s. Without Wes/Wedge (or a third T-70) or the Rebel Transport droids I wouldn't try to field a triple X-Wing list.

An example of the first, with two disgusting ships to face at, could be this:

Lothal Rebel — VCX-100 35
Fire-Control System 2
Autoblaster Turret 2
Hera Syndulla 1
"Zeb" Orrelios 1
Ship Total: 41

Rey — YT-1300 45
Veteran Instincts 1
Kanan Jarrus 3
Finn 5
Engine Upgrade 4
Millennium Falcon (TFA) 1
Ship Total: 59

(although I've just seen you don't have Most Wanted for the Autoblaster turret, ugh. You could always go back to 2013-14 and fly some combination of Han-Rey-Chewie :p).

A biggy-T70 list could be either fat Rey and Poe, or a mid 1300 pilot (or the Lothal) and two T-70 pilots to fly on its flank.

EDIT: Or a Lothal-Biggs-Attack Shuttle. A reaaally ugly list to face, but then again it needs the Autoblaster turret to properly work.

Kade

Been playing every Sunday for almost a month now and I'm loving the game a lot. Bought a bunch of Scum ships and have been trying different lists every week to see what I'm most comfortable with until I get better. Thinking of switching out the Y-Wing for the Protectorate Starfighter because I've made a lot of miscalculations and bad moves and it seems like it's easier to fly. I've been analyzing my games and my biggest issue right now is keeping track of what I can do during my turns so I was thinking about either running less ships per list or running ships naked or with only one or two upgrades, talents, etc.

What are some Scum ships that are good with minimal or no cards attached to them?

I have a Sabine Tie on preorder. I know that the dials for both Rebel and Scum Z95s are interchangeable.

Does anyone know if the Imperial and Sabine TIE dials are interchangeable? I'm mainly wondering if I'd be able to use some of my Imperial models/dials with the extra pilots that come with Sabine's TIE to fly 2 or 3 TIEs in a Rebel squad.

Tensketch

I have a Sabine Tie on preorder. I know that the dials for both Rebel and Scum Z95s are interchangeable.

Does anyone know if the Imperial and Sabine TIE dials are interchangeable? I'm mainly wondering if I'd be able to use some of my Imperial models/dials with the extra pilots that come with Sabine's TIE to fly 2 or 3 TIEs in a Rebel squad.

The Dials are the same and the ship is titled 'TIE Fighter' so yes, the dials for the imp TIE can be used with the Rebel TIE. So you need 2 Rebel TIE packs in order to fly all 4 pilots at once if that was something you wanted to do.

Tensketch

No problem, I had the same idea as you and really didn't want to buy 4 more TIE fighters considering I already own 10 of them (I used to be a TIE Swarm player)

Top Bottom