• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft: Ghost Delayed (again)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Blizzard Announces SC: Ghost Delay
by Kat Hunter

Blizzard announces plans to expand the game design; no release date given.

Today, Blizzard confirmed a long feared rumor. The developer's highly anticipated title, StarCraft: Ghost, will not see store shelves this year. In an announcement released late this afternoon, the developer stated "plans to expand and evolve the design of its upcoming tactical-action console game" and "further details regarding specific gameplay enhancements and worldwide-release information will be announced at a later date."

Full Story:
http://www.gamedaily.com/general/article/?id=6941&game_id=614&source=00001

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
haha, thats kinda ironic
yesterday someone asked about it, I told them "Don't expect it till next year"

looks like I was right

guess blizzard is discovering very quickly that outside of RTS, they can't seem to do very much. Hmm.. Maybe it'll be a XBOX 2 launch title. :D

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
TheGreenGiant said:
guess blizzard is discovering very quickly that outside of RTS, they can't seem to do very much.
Well they are not doing any of the programing or in game art sooooo.

Pimpbaa

TheGreenGiant said:
guess blizzard is discovering very quickly that outside of RTS, they can't seem to do very much. Hmm.. Maybe it'll be a XBOX 2 launch title. :D

Yeah, look at diablo2, look how crappy that turned out to be (insert big roll eyes here).

Pimpbaa

TheGreenGiant said:
It was crappy and repetitive; me no like click click click to kill things. click click clik

Yes but dispite what you think of the game, the game was considered great by many and proves blizzard can do good games outside of RTS.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
what are/were peoples complaints with the e3 demo? seemed killer to me

Pachinko

As I recall games relelated to blizzard properties tend to be in development for 3 years minimum. This fall would have been the 2nd year anniversary of SC ghosts announcment if I recall right so I'm not exactly suprised. It was just below my purchasing radar as it is...

jenov4

I'm not suprised by this announcement. Blizzard shouldn't even bother with putting release dates (tentative or not)

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Not surprised. The game was filled with problems and it was easier to play the Killer 7 demo than it was to play StarCraft: Ghost. That should tell you something.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
TheGreenGiant said:

Look guys! It's not made by Nintendo or a Nintendo-exclusive title! It sucks!

You of course realize that Blizzard isn't the only team making this game, right?

Slo

This was my most anticipated game of 2003. Then it became my most anticipated rental of 2004. Now I just don't care.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
Nerevar said:
Look guys! It's not made by Nintendo or a Nintendo-exclusive title! It sucks!

??

I don't understand the purpose of that comment. What does Nintendo have to do with what he said?

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Future Trunks said:
??

I don't understand the purpose of that comment. What does Nintendo have to do with what he said?

It was a personal attack on the character of the person I was quoting

Spike

The videos that I saw of the Xbox version looked damn good. Still anticipating this title.

In regards to the delay, did anyone really believe that it wouldn't be delayed?

Edit:
Just saw the Cube video posted above, and that doesn't look very good at all. The videos that are posted at http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/489/489845/vids_1.html show a much, much better game. Could the differences between the two versions be that significant?

This is actually a good thing. Make the game better and leave me some cash to spare. Between mid september and mid december there are at least 9 games I want to pick up.

Top Bottom