• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series GLOBAL FINALS 2014 – November 1st, 7-8th

SamuraiX-

LIFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
tMW9WwH.png

Samurai SC2 Tourny thread? oh shit

There's no way I could miss BlizzCon. ;D

SamuraiX-

LIFE

FINDS

A WAY!

I double fist pumped the fuck out after Zest gg'd.

I seriously thought it was over with that canon rush. Brilliant defense from Life.

I think he has a legit chance against San as long as he doesn't pull any more Swarm Host clownfuckery.

Syf

Banned
Zest losing eases my worry about a PvP grand final. Don't think San has much of a shot against the remaining monsters in this side of the bracket

Taeja vs soO next Kreygasm

I forgot that this is PDT so there is still time for Inno and Taeja's matches lol.

2 TvZ coming up! HYPE!

Taeja vs Innovation plz!

If soO wins then only 2nd place awaits him Kappa.

SamuraiX-

The 2014 Global Finals have been delivering. Only one or two one sided matches so far.

Hopefully the Ro16 closes out with two epic TvZs that go at least 4-5 games.

kasane

today we will find out if soo can grab second place no matter what happens or summer will somehow be back already

Syf

Banned
Oh man, these next two games. As good as the other games have been today these ones could be the best

SamuraiX-

I just realized we've got probably the two most knowledgeable guys in StarCraft II casting this series.

sogud

Artosis and Apollo have such great synergy together.

My brain cant process this UI

It's Blizzard's attempt at revamping the Game Heart UI for WCS. It's not completely awful but why not use the one that Khaldor and BaseTradeTV use? That version of it is absolutely perfect.

SamuraiX-

It felt like TaeJa forgot how to split until near the end of that game.

I never understand how soO can wins these engagements in ZvT with 2/2 Ling/Bane against 3/3 MMM. What am I not seeing? Does he split his units better than other Zergs? Because I've seen TaeJa get in these scenarios so many times and nobody pushes him back so many times like soO just did.

SamuraiX-

Ah, maybe that's it. Like Apollosis was explaining, soO seems to prioritize mass Banelings and only a strict critical threshold of Mutas just enough to punish Medivacs. He's a very smart player in that regard.

Yo... YOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! This is just the first game too!!!

5Lm6tNu.png

Dang what a game! Taeja needs more aggression with drops when soO makes so little mutas. The Widow Mines whiffing is really whats causing Taeja to lose the engages. Do your jobs you damn mines!

SamuraiX-

These games are ridiculous.

Dang what a game! Taeja needs more aggression with drops when soO makes so little mutas. The Widow Mines whiffing is really whats causing Taeja to lose the engages. Do your jobs you damn mines!

The problem is that soO is dealing with the widow mines so perfectly. He sends small forces ahead of his main army and seems to split his lings really well. And even with so little Mutas, his map vision and awareness is too good. TaeJa tried drops that game after the Banshee did nothing and most of the time they couldn't even make it to soO's expansions.

SamuraiX-

My jaw has been on the floor for the last 15 minutes.

How the hell do these guys do it? How are they so evenly matched? We need a consistent APM tab on the screen at all times. These two are macroing, microing and multitasking like absolute gods.

This is the best series I've seen in as long as I can remember. And it's being casted by arguably the best commentators in SC2.

I fucking love BlizzCon.

SamuraiX-

I can't remember the last time I've seen TaeJa actually manner MULE. lol

We so need a Game 5.

Make it happen, soO. You silver surfing Kong.

Man screw work this is so amazing! GO TAEJA!

That engage in the middle was just mindblowing. I dunno how those WMs saved Taeja and how soO lost so many Ultras.

Top Bottom