• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley immediately takes the #1 spot on the eshop

I have never clicked with any crafting game- and must have played SV for like an hour but didn’t think it was anything special. But it’s tempting to try it again on switch because it does seem a better platform match than my pc. Wish it had a demo...

charliePure

Neo Member
Exactly the same thing happened to me. Said he hadn't received the item, but the tracking number shows he signed for it 2 weeks ago. What a prick.

We are destined to not play this game.

Or just have to get off our arse and buy eshop cards from a store...

I think I sunk way too many hours into this to dip again on switch but it deserves all the moneys. Fantastic game and it couldn't come from a more real and down to earth and awesome developer.

Keep in mind that like Golf Story, the release date was announced just 2-3 days before actual release and that the eshop charts display the best selling games during the last two weeks

I was wondering what exactly the eShop charts meant. Interesting!

AerialAir

Banned
Anyone owning a Switch who's not buying this game is fucking up, no joke.

Not everyone's into farming simulation...

That being said, with these numbers, a new game by Epics & Marvelous AQL can't come soon enough, it'd sell like hot cakes.

weekev

Banned
I shall be purchasing tonight, myself and my daughter have a week off school/work next week and we shall be playing this together on rainy days. Looking forward to it.

Veon

Neo Member
I love Switch owners at the moment, these guys are shaking up the independent market and in a good way. Expect to see many independent developers announcing their games for the Switch and PC first in the 2018.

So I got this yesterday and now my fiance won't stop playing it... I might need to get another Switch! Has Nintendo said anything about transferring saves between Switches yet?

Mihos

Gold Member
It is a pretty cool game. I already had my fill of it on PC, but it is worth getting if you haven't

neoemonk

I try not to rebuy games on platforms I already own, and I don't take the Switch out of the house much. I am still tempted just because playing Switch games in bed is great.

phanphare

Banned
Ronaldo is yelling at those gosh darn indie games
DLaAu5hW0AADLF-.jpg

and they're all better games too

My only gripe is that I couldn't name my farm: Wiz Khalifa's Weed Farm

I must disclose that I've only spent 4 hours in the game trying to name a good farm and favorite thing.

andthebeatgoeson

No thanks, not interested.
I know, right?

Still have golf story and rabbids to work on. Mario is coming up.

But good on them getting sales.

And it's great that switch owners can skip games because there's a lot of options. I'm thinking of skipping Xenoblade because there's too much.

Pick it up in the new year when releases slow down.

After about ~5 hours yesterday, I can say I definitely enjoy Stardew. I don't like if nearly as well as Story of Seasons, though. But I can see it holding me over until the real thing comes out.

deleted

Fantastic game, but I would only double dip, if there was offline coop coming. Which doesn't seem to be the case :(

GDGF

Soothsayer
Congrats on the success. Indies making a killing on Switch rn.

Mentioned it in another thread but these indie games are perfect for the portable aspect of the switch in the sense that they're pretty much the evolution of the games I would have bought for the GBA or DS family.

People were wondering when those types of games would start to transition from 3DS to Switch. I argue that they're already here. They're just coming from all over the world now (as opposed to just Japan) and we now call them Nindies.

The best thing this thread did is made me check out nexus mods for quality of life improvement mods for the pc version and shit baby maybe I'll reinstall it to play it with these mods.

I mean:

-better sprites
-better portraits
-better farming/automation mods
-location of npcs
-item spawner
-save editor
-time of day mod where you could make it go super slow

Ive already played the game properly twice, now I want to be an anime character who becomes a badass the day he arrives lol

WestEgg

Mentioned it in another thread but these indie games are perfect for the portable aspect of the switch in the sense that they're pretty much the evolution of the games I would have bought for the GBA or DS family.

People were wondering when those types of games would start to transition from 3DS to Switch. I argue that they're already here. They're just coming from all over the world now (as opposed to just Japan) and we now call them Nindies.

Yup, I've been predicting for a while that the less than AAA market (AA, Single A?) market that has existed on handhelds had kind of just morphed into the Indie scene, so this makes perfect sense. The scaled down approach is what some of the big boys are even doing, making for some experimental and intriguing (but probably cheaper to produce) games like Octopath Traveler.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Explain to me why. From the screens it looks like animal crossing, I hate that sort of shit with a passion.

I'm happy to be wrong but what is so good about this game?

Jakoo

I envy those who haven't experienced this game yet and get to play it for the first time on the Switch. It's gameplay is perfectly suited to short bursts on the go.

Must have Switch title for anyone that hasn't played it.

chirt

Neo Member
I bought this last night and had a good enough time. Not quite sure what I'm supposed to be doing but that's ok. Will probably be my "wind down in bed" game since my gf lost my Kindle :/

CHC

I think it's just a really good match for the Switch.

I mean, I know it's basically cliche at this point to say "would be perfect on Switch!" for literally any and every game, but with something like this it is true. Slow paced, chilled out, perfect for playing while doing other stuff.

I know this sample is too small to be statistically significant... but, out of my 11 Switch friends, four have bought Stardew already. It came out 18 hours ago

Explain to me why. From the screens it looks like animal crossing, I hate that sort of shit with a passion.

I'm happy to be wrong but what is so good about this game?

It's more like a very refined Harvest Moon, but it has some Animal Crossing in it (mostly around filling catalogs and a museum). It also has some combat and dungeon crawling elements.

It's a chill game that lets you do whatever you want with it. There's no pressure to do anything at any specific time (no end date or missables like Harvest Moon), and it's got one of the most relaxing soundtracks behind it, so just wandering around picking wild berries just sort of lulls your brain into a good place.

The game is also extremely LGBT friendly and handles marriage very well.

Top Bottom