• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley - Switch Version Releasing Thursday (5th October)

This is my most anticipated indie title for the Switch. I hope there's news of a physical version soon. If not I'll just end up downloading it.

Neiteio

I wonder what percent of every eShop sale goes to Reggie's Gold-Plated Diaper Fund

I bet Reggie has been wearing gold-plated diapers ever since the Switch launched

Been looking forward to this but I don't even have enough time to play all these new Switch games recently. 1st world problems..

chronomac

Another loaded week for the system (and I'm sure we'll get more):

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Tuesday)
Axiom Verge (Wednesday)
Tumblestone (Wednesday)
Volgarr the Viking (Wednesday)
Ninja Shodown (Wednesday)
Stardew Valley (Wednesday)
Metal Slug X (Wednesday)
Oxenfree (Thursday)

I most of these are PC ports, including Stardew, but they're going to sell.

JJShadow

Stardew Valley
Super Mario Odyssey
Steamworld Dig 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Thimbleweed Park
Golf Story
Picross S
FIFA 18
Axiom Verge
Oxenfree
Lovers in a dangerous spacetime

All these games in only one month. What's wrong with you, Nintendo?

Zutrax

No word on a physical copy, crap. I really want to own a physical copy of this game, but I want it on my Switch, I was holding out hope this announcement would have it announced physically too. I could buy the PS4 version, but then I'd be tied down to playing it only at home... decisions...

Awesome news! What a stacked week/month for switch!

I mean what a fucking year for switch! Nintendo came off the ropes swinging this year.

Rmagnus

Banned
Can we get a break here.. I just gotten MHXX, have yet to experience salmon run on splatoon 2, just gotten to 3rd town in golf story... Give me and my wallet some room to breathe damn it

kwabi

Been out of the loop on the latest updates on this game, but will this include Multiplayer?

Did some Googling and the only thing I read is that multiplayer will debut on the Switch version (but this announcement was made a while back and I haven't heard much buzz about it). If so, is it local Co-op?

Neiteio

Switch owners sure are starved for games!

Meanwhile...

"Alright, time to finish Mario + Rabbids! Near the end of World 4. One of the best crossovers EVER!"

"But wait — Lola Pop just dropped in ARMS. And the Sparring Ring, too? Neat!"

"But wait — Pokken Tournament DX is out. Didn't get around to this on WiiU!"

"But wait — SteamWorld Dig 2 is out. Looks gorgeous, plays like a dream!"

"But wait — Golf Story is also out. The Mario Golf RPG I've always wanted!"

"But wait — a new Splatfest and new weapons to try out in Splatoon 2? Neat!"

"But wait — Stardew Valley is out -this- week? Maybe I can make a dent in this before Super Mario Odyssey..."

"But wait — I'm already feeling nostalgic for Breath of the Wild. Still have 600 seeds to find."

"But wait — I feel like playing Mario Kart. And Bomberman. And Puyo Puyo Tetris. And Thumper. And Snake Pass. And I could always go for my 100th playthrough of Sonic Mania."

If only Switch had some games to play.

(Looking forward to Odyssey, Rocket League, DOOM, Rev 1, Rev 2, Xenoblade 2, etc. Maybe Fire Emblem Warriors, Axion Verge, L.A. Noire, Skyrim, etc.)

pbsapeer

Banned
Fucking A mate. £10.99 seems a great price. Golf story is great so far so need to finish for this 😃😃

Doorman

I literally never thought there would come a day that I would be trying to convince myself that I can't afford to buy more indie games on my Nintendo system. Never played Stardew but the praise has had me curious...but I was just in that situation with Steamworld Dig 2 and picked that up, then got Golf Story and still intend to buy Picross S at some point. I don't have the time! This may have to be shelved for later in the fall/winter when I can get a break.

At this rate as a Switch owner I'm not starving, but drowning.

Week 1: Steamworld Dig 2
Week 2: Golf Story
Week 3: Stardew Valley
Week 4: Yono the Celestial Elephant

And dozens of games inbetween. eShop has no chill!

I was just about to spend the Amazon credit on Golf Story and then this happens.
It’s a very rare occurrence, but I think I’m going to double dip for this. I’ll get more out of it compared to the PC version since I enjoy portability.

Neiteio

Neiteio & Associates has added "Stardew Valley" to its Icon Watch program. Please report any sightings of the icon to us.

FinalAres

We're definitely at the point now where there's chuffing loads on Switch. But its pretty silly to deny that the range of games available for the last 6 months has been limited.

Top Bottom