• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stargate Atlantis comic book "Season 6" up on Kickstarter; MGM-approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
a59a9d_13ad255da6444280ac9b88d6ee2877be.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/882141158/stargate-atlantis-season-six-comic-books

Welcome back to STARGATE: ATLANTIS! American Mythology is a comic book publisher that is focused on creating the best new comics based on your favorite properties from film and television. We are launching our first title based on the incredible sci fi program STARGATE: ATLANTIS! Our approach is simple - we find writers and artists that are passionate fans of the properties we are creating and let them make the best comics they can. FANS CREATING COMICS FOR FANS! We believe that the end result is a comic book that far exceeds the majority of licensed comics being created. If you want to read comics as good as the show you remember, please help us reach our goal of bringing a new "season" of STARGATE: ATLANTIS to comics.

Much more at the link. Greg LaRocque is illustrating; JC Vaughn is penning. I'm not a comic books guy so gauge that as you will, but I'll throw $5 at these folks for more SGA.

Lock the eighth Chevron if old.

Mugsy

Aren't there novels written for after the end of the series? I remember looking at their synopsis and laughing at them.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Aren't there novels written for after the end of the series? I remember looking at their synopsis and laughing at them.

Fandemonium has crafted an eight-book post-series novel series entitled "Legacy", yeah. This project is confirmed as wholly unrelated. Essentially the Stargate expanded universe will now have two distinct continuations of Atlantis.

I just like to think of the TV series ending as the true ending.

Atlantis back on Earth making Earth even more powerful.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I just like to think of the TV series ending as the true ending.

Atlantis back on Earth making Earth even more powerful.

I wish I could fully get onboard with this. I feel like the tone of the finale is too unresolved, though, and the finale itself needed at least another hour.

Damn you, cancelled TV movie.

Does anyone have a brief plot overview of the Atlantis continuation novels for me? Were they any good? I always thought it was dirty to leave the Pegasus galaxy to the wraith after all that.

Slayven

Does anyone have a brief plot overview of the Atlantis continuation novels for me? Were they any good? I always thought it was dirty to leave the Pegasus galaxy to the wraith after all that.

No but I can tell you Voyagers.

It was actually kind of funny Voyager gets home and the Federation is like "What? We just went through a war, and the only reason we ain't court marshaling all of y'all is because we are too busy rebuilding".

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I wouldn't read so much into "fans creating for fans." The writer is published; he's in this for the money as much as the fandom. That makes him qualified enough in my book.

;)

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Just a little update: they hit the $10k goal in the first two days. Eight days to spare now for those stretch goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom