• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stargate: Origins Announced at SDCC

DBT85

Yeah, SG1 season 1-3 were only shot on 16mm so even if they have them it won't look great. 4-7 were 35mm and then it was digital HD from 8 onwards.

It would all depend on how the effects were done and to what resolution.

No way they'll redo it all though, it cost a fortune to fix TNG and even that didn't sell enough to then do VOY or DS9.

4-10 of SG1 would look great even if they didn't redo the effects though.

Yeah, SG1 season 1-3 were only shot on 16mm so even if they have them it won't look great. 4-7 were 35mm and then it was digital HD from 8 onwards.

It would all depend on how the effects were done and to what resolution.

No way they'll redo it all though, it cost a fortune to fix TNG and even that didn't sell enough to then do VOY or DS9.
4-10 of SG1 would look great even if they didn't redo the effects though.
I would kill for a HD collection of SG1 and DS9

tci

I was excited, then I realized it'll be a origin story and thought maybe its set before the uprising with Ra', could be interesting
Then I read the details......10x10 minute episodes with Catherine Langford, what?
And that poster has a woman who is obviously Catherine with a gun holster about to go through the gate.
giphy.gif

Makes no fucking sense and completely shits on both the Film and the TV series, eventhou her would be partner accidentally manage to go through during a test and disappeared until SG-1 found him which still didn't make sense.
No Dr. Jackson, no Star Gate after it was buried.
Yea, this is utter trash. I'd rather have a story about when Ra appeared in ancient times and became a god. Though that would cost a ton to make.

$20 "All Access" pass now on "pre-sale"

https://stargatecommand.co/?utm_source=SGC-Fans

You get a T-shirt for signing up early.

$20.00 Pay once for your All-Access Pass*

Pre-sale exclusive: Official Stargate Origins T-shirt.

Stream the ultimate STARGATE library including SG-1, Atlantis, Universe, and all 3 movies.

Stream Stargate Origins before anyone else.

Get behind-the-scenes access to Stargate Origins from the writers' room to the production to the premiere.

Receive an authenticated, members only digital edition of the Stargate Origins pilot script. (Will be distributed later this year)

I mean.. $20 for access to all the episodes of all 3 series? I guess that's not terrible. I own the DVDs but who has time to put disks in? Needs an Xbox App or TV app or something though, I don't want to watch on my phone or computer.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I just hope they aren't pulling it from everywhere else. I guess I would have to pay for it to finish out watching everything.

They'd have to make it a worthwhile experience or have some sort of extras or unique features to make it worth using that service

Nester99

Meh, i have all the DVDs and digital back ups in case i want to stream.

As a huge SG nerd, this does not entice me.

Concept of the new show seems very weak and frankly feels non canon.

Concept of the new show seems very weak and frankly feels non canon.

We know nothing about it yet.

Even if it somehow does involve gate travel before 1994, it's not like the original show didn't have its share of retcons in past events, for example with SG-1 causing the uprising in prehistoric Egypt and Mitchell keeping an eye on the Stargate in 1939.

DBT85

Can't seem to find a Stargate OT, so, was there a reason for the influx of boobs in season 4? Wifey and I are binging and much like Voyager, it's quite apparent that someone seems to have asked for more cleavage on the show. I'm assuming it was the standard, "numbers down, add boobs"?

Kuntz

Can't seem to find a Stargate OT, so, was there a reason for the influx of boobs in season 4? Wifey and I are binging and much like Voyager, it's quite apparent that someone seems to have asked for more cleavage on the show. I'm assuming it was the standard, "numbers down, add boobs"?

Let me guess, the Tok'ra played by Vanessa Angel?
yeah, that was sudden...

Let me guess, the Tok'ra played by Vanessa Angel?
yeah, that was sudden...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stargate/comments/1x461u/til_the_tokra_anise_was_written_in_to_compete/
"Anise was introduced as a means to combat the ratings climb achieved by Star Trek Voyager's introduction of a sexy female cast member, Seven of Nine (played by Jeri Ryan) a couple of years earlier. Peter DeLuise explained that after reviewing the ratings and determining that the series was performing fine as it was, the character of Anise was scrapped. Ironically, Vanessa Angel also auditioned for the role of Seven of Nine on Voyager, prior to Jeri Ryan accepting the role."

huh. I knew it'd be star treks fault (somehow).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
This talk about boobs coming out of nowhere reminds me of certain SGU episodes. Granted, it's not like Julia Benson could do anything about them, but still.

Blam

Why?

Stargate is gone, unless you can get me another Atlantis or Universe I don't want it. Fuck give me SG-1 back

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stargate/comments/1x461u/til_the_tokra_anise_was_written_in_to_compete/
"Anise was introduced as a means to combat the ratings climb achieved by Star Trek Voyager's introduction of a sexy female cast member, Seven of Nine (played by Jeri Ryan) a couple of years earlier. Peter DeLuise explained that after reviewing the ratings and determining that the series was performing fine as it was, the character of Anise was scrapped. Ironically, Vanessa Angel also auditioned for the role of Seven of Nine on Voyager, prior to Jeri Ryan accepting the role."

Season 9 tho

firehawk12

Subete no aware
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stargate/co...in_to_compete/

lol I forgot this character existed.

It got weird when they had Picardo and Blalock show up though. Still chasing that Star Trek dream well into the end of the series.

DBT85

SGU was the best one. Betrayal? Whut?

Ehhh best one is pushing it somewhat for me lol. SG1 will always be the best, had it ended 2 years earlier or had a better bad guy at the end it would be even better still.

With that said, I loved U toward the end and hated that it was canned.

legend166

I mean, if it's a one off $20 fee to get access to all seasons of every show that's....pretty good?

I hope they put up the widescreen versions that used to be on UK Netflix.

styl3s

What is the Stargate Command All-Access Pass?

All-Access is the membership tier of Stargate Command, offering fans ultimate access to Stargate Command. By purchasing the All-Access Pass, you will have exclusive content at your fingertips, which you may access and use on up to 3 devices over the entire access period. All-Access starts on September 20, 2017 and ends on May 15, 2018. After May 15, 2018, the All-Access content will no longer be available through your All-Access Pass, but you will still be a member of the Stargate Command community, which will continue.
So is this like a yearly sub? On May 15th you can renew it? It goes away?

DBT85

I mean, if it's a one off $20 fee to get access to all seasons of every show that's....pretty good?

I hope they put up the widescreen versions that used to be on UK Netflix.
I'd be stunned if they didn't use the widescreen versions. All the dvds were widescreen.

xrnzaaas

Pretty sweet deal for the folks in the US... 20 bucks, lasts until May and you get a t-shirt as a bonus.

It really sucks they only picked UK and Germany from Europe, c'mon there are a lot of SG fans here in Poland as well. ;p

krae_man

App is live on Android.

Looks like there's community stuff and you can earn XP and rank up your account. There's polls, quizzes and a bunch of other stuff along with the video content.

Edit: All Access is $24.99 in Canada.

Top Bottom