• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Started Taking Pictures This Last Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
air_hybrid_p2_videopic.jpg

no good?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
try and stay away from photoshop filters and super contrasts. there are alot of pictures of absolutely nothing (ie the one in the mac store) I like the one with the protestors, try to do more of that! Just try and get closer, dont take pictures at a distance (metaphorically not necissarily physically). If the content is strong the composition will follow.

sp0rsk said:
If the content is strong the composition will follow.
i have a friend that told me to take a composition class. i'll check it out.

anyways, im not using photoshop (but point taken). was just something that i was messing around with though. i don't plan on actually using it much.

anyways, thanks for the tip.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Johnny Nighttrain said:
i have a friend that told me to take a composition class. i'll check it out.

anyways, im not using photoshop (but point taken). was just something that i was messing around with though. i don't plan on actually using it much.

anyways, thanks for the tip.

theres no real need to take a composition class, just look at photos done by good photographers. All this bullshit about rule of thirds and all that is just plain retarded. art has no rules :p If you take a photo class, take one for learning about the dark room and the process of developing various types of films and stuff. Don't listen to anyone that tells you theres only one way to look at something.

sp0rsk said:
theres no real need to take a composition class, just look at photos done by good photographers. All this bullshit about rule of thirds and all that is just plain retarded. art has no rules :p If you take a photo class, take one for learning about the dark room and the process of developing various types of films and stuff. Don't listen to anyone that tells you theres only one way to look at something.

Composition is the search for balance. 3rds is the easiest way to achieve that. That said, every shot done with obvious 3rds gets horrifically boring. If you can jam 90% of the frame with dark and have a cool white slash of negative space you can achieve the same balance. Mentally you just have to break down what you are photographing into graphic elements.

i see what you mean.

anyways, im definitely gonna take that into consideration when i go out today and take some pics.

thanks a lot guys. really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom