• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tizoc and Turfster dead on their very first run ;_;

lol

You know, a lot has been said during this campaign.

"This thread was first."

"This thread is better."

"This thread had Modbot stolen away from it like a thief in the night by a madman who abused the precious bit of authority given to him."

And they're right. But I'm here with you now not because of any of those inalienable truths, but because you're here, fighting the battles that must be fought -- the battles brought to our doors, the battles brought to us by people that say, "no, I know best and you will submit (reply)." We're here in this thread now because we know that power is given by the people. The regular people. The get-up-every-morning-and-go-to-work-and-still-have-time-to-post-an-anime-gif people.

When we started this thread, we knew we were fighting a machine. A machine that shows up late with an OP that could have been done a week in advance, but a machine none-the-less. We started this because we knew that threads require more than just typos in header images: they need heart.

You are the heart.

When I look out at all of you, I see people who know we can do more and be more. I see people who want change. I see a few people who are uncomfortably intimate with drawings of females whose age we've all agreed not to think about too deeply.

So whatever happens here, just know: you did it. You made the difference. And so long as you keep fighting, I'll fight with you.

Thank you, and Gabe bless the Steam thread.

I'm a chowdahead, but this touched my heart.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
But the combat and level up mechanic is similar? Your team moves around on the grid and then the other team? The game progresses from fight to fight with some story in between?
Combat is pretty different. You have to focus where you are, because there are things in game that can change what tiles do what (like make you invulnerable). I'm pretty sure exp is just shared between the active and not dead party, not from performing actions. Also you can throw your units/enemies. But yeah, it's your team first, then the enemy turn, and there's generally plot in between fights. There are optional maps you can clear too, like the Item World which increases the stats of whichever item you picked depending on how many bosses you beat/may give you even more powerful weapons.

Haunted

holy shit this is such a good idea.

ss_05ee170a5aeb6eef37a4d4eead4a6db45a4b1e59.1920x1080.jpg

Teggy

Combat is pretty different. You have to focus where you are, because there are things in game that can change what tiles do what (like make you invulnerable). I'm pretty sure exp is just shared between the active and not dead party, not from performing actions. Also you can throw your units/enemies. But yeah, it's your team first, then the enemy turn, and there's generally plot in between fights. There are optional maps you can clear too, like the Item World which increases the stats of whichever item you picked depending on how many bosses you beat/may give you even more powerful weapons.

OK, thanks. I just wanted to make sure if I bought it I wasn't getting into something I wasn't expecting, like some kind of rock-paper-scissors Advance Wars game (which I didn't like).

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
OK, thanks. I just wanted to make sure if I bought it I wasn't getting into something I wasn't expecting, like some kind of rock-paper-scissors Advance Wars game (which I didn't like).
I actually got something wrong with experience; it's not shared between the party, it's basically whoever killed/helped to kill the enemy. So you can help bring lower leveled characters up to speed in a team attack with a high leveled character against a high leveled enemy. You can also kill your own allies for it, or steal experience using the thief class.

Aside from that, no prob. Hope I helped.

Bionic Commando 2009, i just dont know what to say about it. It's not bad but it's also not great?

The shooting is still meh, the swinging mechanic would be great if there wasn't a bunch of lava everywhere preventing you from exploring the environment, and the less said about the story the better.

But man, it still looks pretty good for a 2009 game and, outside of some scaling issues with the HUD, it downsamples beautifully. and when the swinging mechanic works it can be a fun ride across a map. And the soundtrack is so good!

But yeah, it's a solid, inoffensive 3/5 game so far. I'm about 70% done with it and im looking forward to playing something that engages me a bit more after this.

Ronan

Neo Member
I don't know why it annoys me so much but

The other STEAM thread isn't capitalized... That's enough to keep me here.

I'd also like this thread to stay just because of that.

Edit: And it's gone a minute after, lol.

You know what we really need? A new mod. Someone who is basically glued to this thread. Someone who will never leave us alone in the black hole of despair, let us become separated like this.

We need JaseC. No, JaseC - Mod.

Hey jshackles, I think your idea on merging threads are not correct. Title suggests it is mornignbus' but arrangement Orange's.

Cth

Stumpokapow: I have a radical idea. The board swings both ways, we could reverse the particle flow through the parser.

morningbus: How?

Stumpokapow: [hesitates] We'll merge the threads.

morningbus: 'Scuse me Stumpo? You said merging the threads was bad!

MRORANGE:
Merge the threads...

morningbus: You're gonna endanger us, you're gonna endanger our devs - the nice devs, who gave us keys in advance, before they became a mod...

Stumpokapow: Not necessarily. There's definitely a *very slim* chance we'll survive.

[pause while they consider this]

morningbus: [slaps MRORANGE] I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it! LET'S DO IT!

You know, a lot has been said during this campaign.

"This thread was first."

"This thread is better."

"This thread had Modbot stolen away from it like a thief in the night by a madman who abused the precious bit of authority given to him."

And they're right. But I'm here with you now not because of any of those inalienable truths, but because you're here, fighting the battles that must be fought -- the battles brought to our doors, the battles brought to us by people that say, "no, I know best and you will submit (reply)." We're here in this thread now because we know that power is given by the people. The regular people. The get-up-every-morning-and-go-to-work-and-still-have-time-to-post-an-anime-gif people.

When we started this thread, we knew we were fighting a machine. A machine that shows up late with an OP that could have been done a week in advance, but a machine none-the-less. We started this because we knew that threads require more than just typos in header images: they need heart.

You are the heart.

When I look out at all of you, I see people who know we can do more and be more. I see people who want change. I see a few people who are uncomfortably intimate with drawings of females whose age we've all agreed not to think about too deeply.

So whatever happens here, just know: you did it. You made the difference. And so long as you keep fighting, I'll fight with you.

Thank you, and Gabe bless the Steam thread.

/dead

Making SteamGAF Great Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom