• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crozier

12/2/2013 12/2/2013 Saints Row IV   - 14.99
11/27/2013 12/2/2013 Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition  - 9.99
11/29/2013 12/2/2013 GRID 2  - 15.99
11/29/2013 11/29/2013 Assassin's Creed III - 7.49
11/29/2013 11/29/2013 Metro Last Light - 13.6
11/27/2013 12/2/2013 Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ - 4.99

Probably bite on some of those. Enslaved at least.
Where are you getting this from? Will these sales be through the Steam client, or Amazon?

The_Monk

Is there some form of Sorting on Steam or on Enhanced Steam in order to check which games from my Library do have GFWL or do I have to manually check it fellow GAFfers?

I jumped the gun, and you win!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this.
giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock -- MB-42A24354815EFE16
Bioshock 2 -- MB-18A2A381B08343CB - Taken by inm8num2. 16 entrants total.

t1385065893z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
so glad i grabbed fuel a while ago

its pretty damn fun

I'm hopeful it'll return sans-GFWL, but does anyone know where I might pick up a Steam key, just in case?

Also bro you never PMed me last night

Oh, now that we're talking about Civ5, I have to ask a couple of questions:

1) is there a way to put the real time clock back in the UI, like it was in Civ4? It was by far the most important thing I had displayed all the time...

2) I stopped playing Civ5 because I got annoyed by the extra long waiting time between turns (and also to wait for BNW). Is it a problem of my crappy Core 2 Duo (as I don't think RAM or GPU matters here), or is normal for powerful rigs too?

1) There's a mod on the Steam workshop, it adds a clock to the turn button. I tried it out and then promptly disabled it because it made me feel guilty being aware of how much time I can sometimes sink into a game of Civ.

2) I find the length of a turn being processed depends on the size of the game you've chosen to play. I've never been bothered with the average time it takes to process a turn with a normal sized world. The only thing that bothers me is the initial load-in for the game. I probably just need a solid state drive.

I think the cost for founding a pantheon/religion goes up every time someone founds a pantheon/religion? Which gives them a headstart in spreading it, yeah.

Very informative post.

Some civs are better suited for playing the religion game than others. The Celts, for example, get faith for unworked forests next to their cities, which can give them a huge headstart.

The Celts are my favourite religion-mongers in the game. It's so easy to become a super dominant religion with them if you luck out on your starting tiles. You can have a religion founded before most other Civs have Pantheons. I can't remember if the Faith policy track was available at start in Gods & Kings they way it is in Brave New World. Typically I like to start with Tradition (gold, happiness, wonder-spamming, border expansion and great early game economy) but if I'm the Celts it's usually a fast Faith. Usually skip the second Great Prophet in favour of spamming missionaries and building up the religious influence/pressure.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
All these Amazon deals are US-only, right? Wish they took paypal, I get charged stupid amounts for buying games online from them. Will have to check out that pre-pay card thing that someone suggested when I got stung last time.

If you don't own the Bioshock games and don't jump on this $15 deal, you're crazy.

Right now I'm contemplating getting Mass Effect 3 and doing a Mass Effect stream of the trilogy on Twitch when I get my 780ti, even though I could probably run the games fine on my 670.

The_Monk

I don't see any sorting options like that, but this list looks accurate.

Thanks a lot for this fellow GAFfer.

Bought the bundle just because of this. I've made a terrible mistake...

You did not! Dirt 2 is amazing, I will play that as soon I'm done with Dirt 3. In case you have some problems with GFWL, opting out from the Steam Beta did the trick for me just fine, if you are just getting it for collecting purposes than carry on. ;)

Khronico

Rage is actually pretty good. Great shooting mechanics, the vehicular portions are alright, decent story except for the ending, and the wingstick is one of the best gimmicky weapons in modern shooters. Overall I'd say it's worth checking out.

Did they fix the texture pop in for the pc ver at some point?

Leftovers from the bundle. Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for MMBosstones86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you past.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MMBosstones86, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alien Spidy -- MB-D3F29C5D90D9F031 - Taken by didamangi. 4 entrants total.
The 39 Steps -- MB-3ED74A2DE2DF30A4 - Taken by nexen. 2 entrants total.
Star Wolves 3 -- MB-A3BC31A957A217D2 - Taken by Xanathus. 1 entrants total.
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-AA1D95E5E1857DB7 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 5 entrants total.
Dollar Dash -- MB-2AD5BC9A8E4B3419 - Taken by adaen. 3 entrants total.

t1385058108z1.png

RAGE is a much better game than I was expecting. One of my surprise hits from last gen. I still hate neogaf for turning me off of it before I even played it.

Yeah, if you like shooting dudes in the head with a shotgun RAGE is one of the best one of those games to come out in the last while. It tries to do quite a few things outside of that and does most of it clumsily, but the shooting mechanics are quite good and I really enjoyed the design of the levels.

wazoo

You did not! Dirt 2 is amazing, I will play that as soon I'm done with Dirt 3. In case you have some problems with GFWL, opting out from the Steam Beta did the trick for me just fine, if you are just getting it for collecting purposes than carry on. ;)

Dirt 2 works with offline accounts on GFWL. It is ok to have it.

Rage is actually pretty good. Great shooting mechanics, the vehicular portions are alright, decent story except for the ending, and the wingstick is one of the best gimmicky weapons in modern shooters. Overall I'd say it's worth checking out.

Did they fix the texture pop in for the pc ver at some point?

The texture pop-in is kind of dependent on how much ram your gpu has. The less you have, the more noticeable it will be. I think I had 2gb of ram on my old card and kind of had to go out of my way to force the pop-in to happen.

I agree though, it was a very solid game mechanically, with some super satisfying gunplay. The end sequence, as disappointing as the ending was, made me kind of stoked for a new Doom.

Think I'll finally buy the Scrocher's DLC.

id released their scripting tools for Rage, did anything interesting ever come from that?

Geoff9920

Yeah, if you like shooting dudes in the head with a shotgun RAGE is one of the best one of those games to come out in the last while. It tries to do quite a few things outside of that and does most of it clumsily, but the shooting mechanics are quite good and I really enjoyed the design of the levels.
I love that weapon! It's a shotgun, it's a grenade launcher, it's an EMP weapon, and it even makes julian fries.

okay, maybe not that last bit..

take em. take em take em take em.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Warfare -- MB-A08777A1D0E10189 - Taken by Kifimbo
Gumboy Tournament -- MB-8380DA4663724C35 - Taken by Aitor
Insane 2 -- MB-A585BE3F6530B529 - Taken by nightstorm
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-910BE09124D6FFDA - Taken by Terra_Ex
Race Injection -- MB-7844ED6109F64301 - Taken by Japle
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-3F3128A10D890511 - Taken by Saty
Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold -- MB-1F8C864F7CC85F3C - Taken by NingenJanai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom