• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macmanus

Good price for the game, but for all the hype, I have to say that I thought Skyrim was a bit underwhelming. It has some neat areas to explore, the quests are ok, but the combat is pretty bad for such a hyped game.

Obviously you're new to The Elder Scrolls.

Dolor

Obviously you're new to The Elder Scrolls.

I finished Oblivion in '11 and was willing to forgive the combat because it was an older game. My mistake was playing Skyrim after playing the Witcher 2. The only thing Skyrim did better that Witcher 2 was have an open world to explore, but everything else was worse. Didn't finish it and not sure I even will.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got the BTA tier on the Pinball FX humble, great deal. Also picked up Fuel for $8 on GMG.

But I'll probably be having a non-Steam gaming weekend for the first time in... years(?).

Elder Scrolls Online and Legend of Zelda 3DS

Humble Weekly Sale: Zen Studios

Pinball FX2 - Core Pack
Pinball FX2 - Classic Pack
Pinball FX2 - Earth Defense Table
Pinball FX2 - Paranormal Table
Pinball FX2 - Epic Quest Table

BTA:
Pinball FX2 - Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles Pack
Pinball FX2 - Star Wars Pack
Pinball FX2 - Marvel Pinball Original Pack

Wife loves pinball and X men seems like a home run. Reviews look good. Any GAF recommendations or warnings about these games?

retiring.png

Am I cool yet, SteamGAF?

sprinkles

I finished Oblivion in '11 and was willing to forgive the combat because it was an older game. My mistake was playing Skyrim after playing the Witcher 2. The only thing Skyrim did better that Witcher 2 was have an open world to explore, but everything else was worse. Didn't finish it and not sure I even will.
I never finished any of the Elder Scrolls games but still put in dozens of hours into each of them.

Derrick01

Banned
That europa deal is tempting but I'm not sure if I'm willing to dump that much money into it with 3DS purchases incoming soon-ish. Same thing with Farming Simulator. Although I feel like farming simulator might be taking my appreciation of sims a bit too far, but then again I thought the same thing about a truck driving sim and I dropped over 30 hours into that and somehow loved every minute of it.

Wife loves pinball and X men seems like a home run. Reviews look good. Any GAF recommendations or warnings about these games?

if u happen to have xbox or ps3 you can demo every table. i don't know if you can on steam. perhaps you can. anyway i tried all the demos and i thought the licensed ones didn't really add anything. not gonna bother paying more than a dollar for neato sound effects from movies.

Zen Pinball Humble Bundle bought. Yeah I prefer real tables like the Pinball Arcade but Zen's pinball game is overall fun whether you like the ball physics/fake tables or not.

i got fuel for free when i bought f1 2012 for like five bucks a few months back from gamefly or something, still haven't booted it up yet. one day. does it still have GFWL at all, or did they patch that out already? honestly i'd rather play it on GFWL before it gets patched and get xbox achievements.

derExperte

Only recommendation: Get all the other tables during the winter sale. I'm playing Ms Splosion Man right now and it's wonderful.

Its the ball physics I'm worried about. Is it different enough to throw off my Pinball Arcade skills?

I've been playing PA the last few days and now FX again. No problem and imo the differences get exaggerated. PA feels more real but still doesn't give you the feeling of playing real pinball, it's far from perfect.

nexen

Its the ball physics I'm worried about. Is it different enough to throw off my Pinball Arcade skills?

I love that there are new pinball tables out there even if they're entirely virtual.

If you've played Pinball Arcade for any amount of time I think you'll find Zen's take on pinball to be 'easy mode'

derExperte

If you've played Pinball Arcade for any amount of time I think you'll find Zen's take on pinball to be 'easy mode'

Imo that's more due to the forgiving design of the tables and less the physics. Some PA tables are brutal while FX is more geared towards long sessions.

nexen

Imo that's more due to the forgiving design of the tables and less the physics. Some PA tables are brutal while FX is more geared towards long sessions.

Agreed.

Does cntrl + F not work properly for this spreadsheet?

https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid...bgGZV84&em=2&Item=Table1&wdHideGridlines=True

I search Call of Juarez and it doesn't show up at all, but I see it while scrolling down..
Didn't work for me on Chrome and someone else reported issues on Firefox. If you have excel locally you can save it and open it there.

kuYuri

So now that ArmA II is on sale for a good price, how is DayZ these days? Still worth getting into? Is it still a pain in the ass to get working?

I've always wanted to play, but I've been waiting on a good price. Should I just wait for the standalone version at this point?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What are your impressions on it? Been looking pretty shitty so far.

I actually don't get into the beta until tomorrow, but it's finally preloaded (32GB download) and ready to rock tomorrow night.

I'm just glad for the opportunity to try it out for free - if it gets released and has a monthly fee, I won't be playing it.

Grief.exe

So now that ArmA II is on sale for a good price, how is DayZ these days? Still worth getting into? Is it still a pain in the ass to get working?

I've always wanted to play, but I've been waiting on a good price. Should I just wait for the standalone version at this point?

Wait for the Standalone at this point, the release is imminent.

With that said, Arma II is pretty awesome. There are so many cool mods and scenarios to play its ridiculous, granted I've only played the standard DayZ.

There are some mods where you gear up online with other people and fight in big battles, build bases, and acquire ridiculous amounts of gear. See: Wasteland, and DayZ Epoch mod.

Most of these either have been or in the process of being ported to Arma III as well.

kuYuri

Wait for the Standalone at this point, the release is imminent.

With that said, Arma II is pretty awesome. There are so many cool mods and scenarios to play its ridiculous, granted I've only played the standard DayZ.

There are some mods where you gear up online with other people and fight in big battles, build bases, and acquire ridiculous amounts of gear. See: Wasteland, and DayZ Epoch mod.

Most of these either have been or in the process of being ported to Arma III as well.

Alright, I'm gonna take your advice at least this one time and hold off for standalone. :p

crozier

I went ahead and bought the Bioshock three-pack. Hell of a bargain. I already own the first two, though. Anyone want em who has yet to play through?

Tellaerin

I went ahead and bought the Bioshock three-pack. Hell of a bargain. I already own the first two, though. Anyone want em who has yet to play through?

I haven't played any of them, believe it or not. I'd be more than willing to take you up on that if no one else is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom