• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Do it like the pros! Use google's adress!

Don't we all?

Steam started downloading Rage again, even though it was at 75% yesterday -.-

I had this horrible event when my fully downloaded and played KB: Warriors of the North, started fully download again in persisted, I tried verify, it did nothing, it fully downloaded again. Now I'm afraid to run it and find out that my saves are gone...

Nabs

Playing Mafia II and zzzzzz.

I need to stop playing it for the story missions and get back to the shit I used to pull in the demo. I think I have about 10 hours of blowing up gas stations and finding jumps in the demo.

Arthea

I need to stop playing it for the story missions and get back to the shit I used to pull in the demo. I think I have about 10 hours of blowing up gas stations and finding jumps in the demo.
Continue, I need motivation to finish it.
never played demo

So, is Skryrim Legendary Edition worth it?

You can get it for $18.36 from the Ubisoft Store using the "10thanks" code. They also have the vanilla edition for $6.75 if you use the same code.

Not sure if I should get the regular edition or the complete edition. Also, really hope the key isn't region locked D:

FloatOn

You can get it for $18.36 from the Ubisoft Store using the "10thanks" code. They also have the vanilla edition for $6.75 if you use the same code.

Not sure if I should get the regular edition or the complete edition. Also, really hope the key isn't region locked D:

It's a beautiful game and was the first elder scrolls game that I cared to finish. That being said, the combat is really really boring. I'm so glad I played skyrim before dark souls because had it been the other way around I don't know if I would have been able to tolerate it.

I do kind of want to go back to it and check out the dlc at some point though.

Kvik

So, let's do this again:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Remember, for HumbleBundle keys, please use the URL https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key= and append the key.

Guardians of Middle-earth (HumbleBundle) -- MB-2CA7552D123CDF9F - Taken by Kagemusha
Mirror's Edge (Steam) -- MB-CF896028BB261C79
Guardians of Middle-earth Smaug's Treasure DLC (HumbleBundle) -- MB-AEBF03CCD523FB2B - Taken by Belgarion
Gotham City Impostors- Professional Kit (HumbleBundle) -- MB-E692D9DB886A3DBD - Taken by maty

t1385133892z1.png

fantomena

I bought the DLCs on a flash sale once. Bored me out.

My game of the forever.

You can always get the regular edition for cheap now, and wait for the DLC's to go on sale later if you feel the need to play more. There's a lot to do in the base-game already.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
My game of the forever.

You can always get the regular edition for cheap now, and wait for the DLC's to go on sale later if you feel the need to play more. There's a lot to do in the base-game already.

The problem with this approach is that if you follow Bethesda's track record is always cheaper to buy the GOTY editions compared to the base game + DLC. (Even on sale!)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I bought lego lotr on amazon last xmas sale for like 7.50

I've only played ~10 minutes of it. I should fix that.

I played through the game on the 360 and it made me nostalgic for the films, I think it's really well made. Lots to do. The use of the film's audio for the voice acting is a great touch.

fantomena

Zelda review copy has arrived, got my Tearaway review copy yesterday.

Bye PC gaming, for now.

I'll be back when the autumn sale starts

I bought lego lotr on amazon last xmas sale for like 7.50

I've only played ~10 minutes of it. I should fix that.

I get such great mileage out of the LEGO games. I like them and my kids and wife love to play them as well. Looking play time on LEGO Batman 2 and it is sitting at 90 something hours between all of us, lol.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So I started playing Bioshock, but the audio went off after the opening cutscene. PCGamingwiki didn't help either, but I did fix it...
...by plugging in a microphone.
What the hell.

Atleast there's sound now, but that's a pretty weird fix.

FloatOn

So I started playing Bioshock, but the audio went off after the opening cutscene. PCGamingwiki didn't help either, but I did fix it...
...by plugging in a microphone.
What the hell.

Atleast there's sound now, but that's a pretty weird fix.

ah I remember that. I think I had to do something with the .cfg

enjoy the series man, it's one of the best in terms of story. Bio2 is the highlight of the gameplay.

FloatOn

I think it was uncalled for. I'd rather not see such hostility in this thread (I don't want to see it anywhere in the forum, but it's unavoidable).

I jest because I love. I have no issue with Sayid or anyone in steamgaf <3

except for javadots. he deserved the ban.

fantomena

Here you go Steambros,

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sniper Elite: Nazie Zombie Army 2 #2 -- MB-60DFCCAFFF7B0CAE - Taken by jshackles. 8 entrants total.
Sniper Elite: Nazie Zombie Army 2 -- MB-59F4ED59F9419F47 - Taken by FloatingDivider. 42 entrants total.

t1385143251z1.png

Fl1pp13

Neo Member
Does anyone know whether or not CIV V will become any cheaper during one of the sales this year? With the GMG sale and all..

Thats a great giveaway fantomena. I try my luck.

Though I didnt even finish the first one, because somehow playing it in SP the last big boss at the end of the first level in the church always killed me.

nexen

I've had kangaroo before (only in burger form, never steak) and that's... not how I'd describe it. It's definitely a game meat like deer or moose. Fairly lean. I have no idea where you'd get fish from. You should try it again :p

Ostrich is unusual because I thought it would be like chicken or turkey but it's a red meat but it's still kind of like a white meat. Really weird. I enjoyed it though.

Horse is very similar to beef as well.

Y'all gotta eat more weird stuff.
I had long pig once. Was very fatty and salty, do not recommend.

Definitely a good giveaway.

Could someone post a link to the amazon spreadsheet for a dude on his phone in a steel signal-killing death trap he calls his work office?

FloatOn

Damn, im thinking about getting Space Marine from the GMG's Warhammer sale. I wonder if the MP is still active.

Space Marine is fucking awesome. One of the most enjoyable third person shooters this gen.

For your sake I hope the mp is still active as well, I had some really great times with it. The campaign is decent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom