• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indie Variety Pack looks fantastic, but I probably won't be playing Swords and Soldiers and Atom Zombie Smasher. If I buy the package, I can gift the separate titles, right?

If so, anyone interested in S&S and AZS?

DarkChronic said:
Indie Variety Pack looks fantastic, but I probably won't be playing Swords and Soldiers and Atom Zombie Smasher. If I buy the package, I can gift the separate titles, right?

If so, anyone interested in S&S and AZS?

No.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
DarkChronic said:
I would be interested in this too, I couldn't care less about the zombie game or Machinarium.

Edit: Damn. Still a good deal though.

nexen

Princess Skittles said:
I would be interested in this too, I couldn't care less about the zombie game or Machinarium.

Edit: Damn. Still a good deal though.
Indie Variety Pack is awesome but I own half of it already. Damnit :\

RealMeat

Banned
Tarin02543 said:
Alliance of Valiant Arms is really good, it's like a combination of CoD and MGO. One thing that's really great about these F2P games is the high framerate!
Is it possible to log in to with your steam account? I launched it and it looked like it wanted me to create an account for the game.

leadbelly

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Except BF3 nor Alice were ever on these stores to begin with. D2D speaking out of its ass.

Well, Alice is on D2D, but of course BF3 isn't, yet. D2D are certainly taking as much advantage of the situation as they can, that's for sure.

10263d.jpg

10807.jpg

10888.jpg

coopolon

FlyinJ said:
I was looking at the bullet points for Two Worlds II Castle Defense, seeing if there were any redeeming qualities about it.

One of the bullet points was :

*Individual graphics and sound settings

I found this really amusing.

leadbelly said:
D2D are certainly taking as much advantage of the situation as they can, that's for sure.

Good for them, they certainly could use all the help they can get.

scitek

Man, I thought D2D wasn't as evil now that they're owned by Gamefly and not News Corp.

EDIT: The "Not available on Steam" thing isn't what I'm talking about. I've just seen people on various boards acting like they're still a repulsive service or something.

Stitch

Gold Member
noooo fucking indie pack. i bought atom zombie smashers just a few days ago :(

oh well... it's cool, just either too hard or too easy lol

1-D_FTW

MNC said:
Wasn't there huge backlash from GAF?

Was there? I didn't care for the demo, but I thought I was in the minority. I'd definitively play before buying, because the beautiful graphics can mesmerize some shortcomings.

Still, five games for 10 bucks is pretty great. Even though it seems like one of the best indie packs Steam has ever had, I'll probably pass. None of the games would crack my "Top 50 Most Want to Play" list. I need to regain some sanity in my purchasing habits.

Blizzard

Banned
MNC said:
Search up the thread. I think it was like a 3-page OT where some people said they didn't like the controls or other problems. It didn't strike me as a huge backlash. =P

I already own at least two of the variety pack so I am not sure the rest are worth $10 for me. I'll take a look later.

Is Swords and Soldiers that game that had the terrible trailer where they referred to the Chinese as the "Sneaky Chinese" or whatever? I remember getting a laugh out of that.

Ionic

BigJiantRobut said:
Is Swords and Soldiers that game that had the terrible trailer where they referred to the Chinese as the "Sneaky Chinese" or whatever? I remember getting a laugh out of that.

Swords and Soldiers is kind of like Punch-Out in that it makes use of all kinds of stereotypes, but nobody seems to care because it's so lighthearted. It's also a fun game so that probably helps.

kswiston

What is the early consensus on Dungeon Siege 3? Steamplay means I can get this for $38 from D2D.

I am in the mood for an action RPG, but I am on the fence, and don't really have the time to download/play the demo before Tuesday.

kswiston said:
What is the early consensus on Dungeon Siege 3? Steamplay means I can get this for $38 from D2D.

I am in the mood for an action RPG, but I am on the fence, and don't really have the time to download/play the demo before Tuesday.

Download the demo before you buy it. Seriously.

plc268

Beat Hazard Ultra is freaking awesome. Adds a ton of new enemy types and multiplayer.

I didn't care too much for the original Beat Hazard, but I gotta say, gameplays is MUCH more interesting and varied now. I highly suggest anyone who already has Beat Hazard to get Ultra.

MNC said:

Yea, a little bit. Capsized was hyped up, and a lot of people bought the game sight unseen (including me) and were disappointed. It's not a bad game though. You gotta treat it like a 2d fps style game and understand that using a controller isn't ideal.

Sanic

Marsipolami said:
Too bad there aren't any individual sales as I'm really only interested in Capsized.

Yeah, same. After looking through the variety pack, the only games I would be interested in are Capsized and maybe Swords and Soldiers. Undecided if i'll buy the pack or not.

nexen

kswiston said:

I did not like the demo.

nyong

Banned
There isn't a single game in that indie variety pack that I don't want. But it would be reckless of me to spend money right now. Will responsibility triumph over desire? Stay tuned....

gotee12

Princess Skittles said:
I thought Steamworks only meant it was "Buy Once, Play on PC and Mac."

There seems to be some confusion about the label.
I believe you're thinking of SteamPlay (Mac/Win)

Steamworks (in my experience) always means that the game is only registerable/downloadable via Steam.

*edit: poorly, poorly beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom