• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

I'm wondering if they just found a way to lie to Fraps. I play both CQ and Stacking at what seems to be 60, but the DF guys keep saying it's locked.
60 frames per second, with every other frame duplicated. You still get that annoying visual effect when there's quick motion.

Phinor

30fps or not, I'll go for it. Anyone from US organizing a 4-pack for Iron Brigade? US seems to have the best price, while UK gets the worst this time around.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I have to repost this here, because it's hella funny. I'm talking about Iron Brigade.

I'm "Rain One" on Live. Call me up if you want to play. There doesn't seem to be much people online yet.

Edit: Online seems busted to me. The moment somebody joins in, I kinda "reload" the lobby and the other player is player one and I'm player 2. On the chat, everything I type shows up as their text and vice versa.

Oh GFWL, you so funny.

Edit 2: Oh what the fuck. I couldn't get a game going, so I quit and went back in and it gave me a different Mobile Trench and different soldier configuration than the ones I had earlier! This seems to be hella busted.

Got about half way into it before giving up. A shame really, as I tried so hard to like it. It just didn't seem to click for me.
I played the demo and that was enough for me...the game just felt bad and bland.
i84RpCjBy9LIy.jpg

nexen

I didn't play the demo, but I have beaten the game and it's tons of fun and the characters are easily the highlight.

Isn't the demo just the tutorial area? Because that part of the game really sucks.
It is one of those games that tries lots of things and fails about as often as it succeeds. It is ambitious and I tend to rate those kind of games higher just because I am entertained by novelty.

Tess3ract

Banned
Big Bo is the best teammate ever.

If you disagree you're wrong. Period. End of story.

Also the tutorial area was boring yeah, the whole thing is just teaching you what to do. No shit that later levels would be better.

nexen

Also the tutorial area was boring yeah, the whole thing is just teaching you what to do. No shit that later levels would be better.
I like the game. I was saying that I think the demo is just the sucky part.
They had me at
giant mechanical spider

Esch

Banned
im so torn on binary domain. almost all the reviewers i trust call it a boring generic ass game but gaf has so much love.

maybe when its like 5$...

bigace33

im so torn on binary domain. almost all the reviewers i trust call it a boring generic ass game but gaf has so much love.

maybe when its like 5$...

It's well worth $5, but it is a bit corny. I'm a huge Gears fan so it kind of came across to me like a bad Gears rip off. I'm gonna keep slogging my way through it, but there is nothing at all special about it so far, and Big bo's main selling point so far to me, is that he looks ridiculous.

LobLob

Banned
Guys, can someone explain to me why when i clicked on portal 2 a message popped up saying *my game files are being converted*???

Shahadan

The first mission is definitely boring, but once you got everyone, that's the game proper.

I'm at chapter 3, I still find aiming annoying and combat boring. Being able to upgrade only one weapon is stupid and I don't like the one I'm stuck with. Others are often useless. Robots can aim perfectly at me from a large distance, I can't (I play on hard). Teammates apparently can't refrain from stepping in front of me while I'm shooting. Corridors are boring. Level design is boring. Apparently every area ever has sand bags or little concrete walls for no reason other than allowing you to hide behind them, much like in ME2, which I find stupid. The vehicle/swimming/whatever segments are always terrible, boring and pointless.

I like the humor and the story, though. Maybe I should stop and watch videos on youtube, since I have zero fun during gameplay segments (the numerous dialogues scenes during which you can only walk at snail speed aren't helping). Bosses are also cool.

On the other hand this game taught me two things : 1) I still can be interested by cutscenes and cutscene direction in a video game, and not simply be utterly bored by them.
2)I can apparently fully agree with a metacritic score

eyeless

I haven't had this issue. Have you done the usual verifying game files and what not?
hadn't verifying the cache yet, but i did so and got "9 files failed to validate and will be reacquired", also downloaded new drivers (hey man you never know man), and i played for 2 hours earlier without a crash, so, problem solved hopefully. thanks for the help.

hadn't verifying the cache yet, but i did so and got "9 files failed to validate and will be reacquired", also downloaded new drivers (hey man you never know man), and i played for 2 hours earlier without a crash, so, problem solved hopefully. thanks for the help.

Good good! Lets hope that takes care of it.

dot

I think we might see an achievement revamp with the new community updated. Maybe something that feeds into the new badges.

That'd be cool. Like getting all achievements in a game (100%) nets you that specific game badge similar to Platinum trophies or something.

Derrick01

Banned
I've been begging them to re-work their achievement system for the longest time. It's probably the only thing 360/ps3 does better than Steam.

Salsa

That'd be cool. Like getting all achievements in a game (100%) nets you that specific game badge similar to Platinum trophies or something.

taking it to that extreme is pretty pointless considering how easy it is to fake Steam achievements. It would probably take the drive away for those people who wanna show off a hard earned acomplishment.

they're just a nice little extra in the way they work now. You'll hardly see a dude on steam as obssesed with them as people are on PSN and XBL

HoosTrax

Some of the environmental design and textures in BD are a little bland, but I have to say that it's got some of the nicest character and weapon texture work I've ever seen in any game. The Brit's knit cap, the cloth padded lining of Dan's helmet etc. It's all super detailed/crisp and easy to tell what material things are made out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom