• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentendo

Is Age of Empires III easier than most of the famous strategy games like Rome: Total War? I love the idea of a strategy game but I just can never wrap my head around it.

Taffer

It may be slightly off topic but I noticed that VVVVVV was your GOTY 2010... I just wanted to say that I felt the same way, and cannot recommend that game enough to people. It's a hard game that's not frustrating in the slightest due to appropriately placed checkpoints. It only takes a few hours to beat but I've already put over 20 hours into the game replaying it, collecting all of the medals, playing user-created levels and creating them myself. Seriously, one of the greatest games ever made. I'd die for a sequel.

VVVVVV was absolutely my favourite in 2010, if there's anyone left in here that hasn't played it, do.

Bentendo

A lot easier to manage. Its like Command and Conquer, but with a tech tree. And Priests.

Thanks! The reason I even asked is because I remember playing and enjoying Age of Empires II a long time ago. There was just something different about it when compared to other strategy games that made it feel easier (and, IMO, better). I also played a few hours of the Star Wars RTS and it was pretty fun too.

VVVVVV was absolutely my favourite in 2010, if there's anyone left in here that hasn't played it, do.

Absolutely. Only 4.99 on Steam (a bit more on 3DS), but I'm sure there will be a slight price drop during the sale. I actually got it in a bundle so maybe wait for that.

Bentendo

... so I've just added Age of Empires III to my wishlist too. This thread should really get sponsored by Steam.

Yeah I just did too. I wonder if Valve tracks these types of things and wonders "why are so many people suddenly wishlisting this years old game?"

Deus Ex Series is the Steam Weekend Deal, 75% off everything: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15147

Dayum. So much for no good deals before the Steam sale (too bad I already have everything except Invisible War).

Oh, Post Apocalyptic Mayhem is daily deal: LINK

Wok

For Deus Ex to be -75% off one week before the start of the Summer sales, I expect big discounts for the first day: something like Skyrim -75% and Rayman Origins -66% for the first day, which is the day of the best deals in my opinion.

HoosTrax

Deus Ex Series is the Steam Weekend Deal, 75% off everything: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15147
As far as DLC go these days, I feel like Missing Link was pretty good. Right up there with Borderlands' DLC 2 (Secret Armory of General Knoxx) in terms of being polished and providing good content. Sort of like what "expansion packs" used to be in the good old days. Miniature version of Metal Gear Solid 2 is how I'd probably describe it.

The other two DLCs are pretty meh.

For Deus Ex to be -75% off one week before the start of the Summer sales, I expect big discounts for the first day: something like Skyrim -75% and Rayman Origins -66% for the first day, which is the day of the best deals in my opinion.
Skyrim at 75 is not happening this summer. I'll eat my hat if it does. And I like my hat.

Derrick01

Banned
If anyone's interested in Human Revolution I would wait and see if Amazon or someone else beats the steam price. I could see Amazon selling it for $5 probably, though Missing Link is a great price. My favorite DLC of the generation and I'd probably make a LTTP thread for it if I wasn't so lazy, I just beat it about 2 weeks ago.

tUrOg.png

I'm sure this has been asked plenty of times but why can't I launch steam?

I nearly got the Deus Ex pack but I already own Human Revolution on OnLive and still haven't played it :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Quantum Conundrum is now live (you may have to restart Steam for the install button to appear).

Blizzard

Banned
My prediction is that you are setting yourself up for disappointments. Set expectations low, be happy instead. :D

Wok

My prediction is that you are setting yourself up for disappointments. Set expectations low, be happy instead. :D

I already have Skyrim so I wouldn't be disappointed if it were not to happen. The Deux Ex offer seems like a sign of good Summer sales though.

Arnie

Does anyone want to take a guess at when Civ 5 will next be on sale? Looking to give that a shot on my brother's pc.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
The 1st one is the greatest game of all time. Buy that, ignore invisible war, and then play human revolution and missing link.
You don't think Deus Ex 2 is even worth a try? I know it is slammed as a bad sequel to such a great game but if it wasn't called Deus Ex would it be any good?

ShaneB

Does anyone want to take a guess at when Civ 5 will next be on sale? Looking to give that a shot on my brother's pc.

Summer Sale seems obvious. But even then it's the sort of game that seems like it goes on sale at some site every single week.

You don't think Deus Ex 2 is even worth a try? I know it is slammed as a bad sequel to such a great game but if it wasn't called Deus Ex would it be any good?

A rose by any other name... (it would be shit no matter what name they called it). There are some who like it though. If you want to try it go for it I say.

Sweet! Games don't go lower than 75% on the main sales events right?

They often do.

I expect you'll be disappointed.

Are those mission packs of Deus ex worth it? Just got DE:HR a few days ago from GMG with some credit I had left and I'll pick up missing link, but I don't know about those other DLC. Don't the extra's that you get make the main game to easy?

Addnan

Bought missing link and deus ex goty, doubt it will be much cheaper in the summer sales. Bought human revolution from GMG last week.

I really had such a hard time getting the first Deus Ex to run. Installed some mods, ran some patches. At one point I had rainbow colors, and then the next, no audio during cutscenes. I got so frustrated that I never got past the first 5 minutes. :(

HoosTrax

I have all of the DLC, and I didn't particularly care for the two weapon pack ones. The weapons (well with the exception of the Silenced Sniper Rifle I guess) don't really fit well into the gameplay, since a lot of them are "big bang" weapons, whereas a stealth approach usually works best.

Besides, all they do is give you early access to weapons that you would eventually get access to anyway.

I mean, if you're getting the entire DX collection, then there's no point not getting those 2 DLCs I mentioned, since it probably doesn't add to the cost. But otherwise, they certainly don't add nearly as much as Missing Link does.

Derrick01

Banned

Not really. What it would be if it wasn't a Deus Ex title would be a Deus Ex-style game but incredibly dumbed down and with worse level design. They really screwed up with that game, even more than Ubisoft did with Splinter Cell Conviction. It's still the poster child for how to ruin a franchise.

rybrad

I have all of the DLC, and I didn't particularly care for the two weapon pack ones. The weapons (well with the exception of the Silenced Sniper Rifle I guess) don't really fit well into the gameplay, since a lot of them are "big bang" weapons, whereas a stealth approach usually works best.

Besides, all they do is give you early access to weapons that you would eventually get access to anyway.

I mean, if you're getting the entire DX collection, then there's no point not getting those 2 DLCs I mentioned, since it probably doesn't add to the cost. But otherwise, they certainly don't add nearly as much as Missing Link does.
Does the included mission with the explosive pack not add much?

Derrick01

Banned
Does the included mission with the explosive pack not add much?

I'm assuming that mission is the one that was included in gamestop preorders. It really doesn't add much at all, you get a ~10 minute mission that takes place in the last 30-40% of the game and it overstocks you with automatic hacking tools. Someone also said it gives you earlier access to those tools in Detroit, but I had that dlc from the start so I don't know if they appear without it. You also get a special weapon at the end of the dlc mission.

PaulLFC

Does anyone know if there are any promo codes for the THQ online store? They've just announced the Darksiders 2 premium pack with season pass and Metro 2033 for £34.99, but the game without the season pass is only £26.99 on GMG (with voucher code). If I could get the THQ shop edition down to around £30 I'd buy it from there - I already own Metro so that's not really a factor in the decision for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom