• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

Just so you know, the Desura key gives access to the Indie Royale webpage with your email address, Steam keys which are not redeemed and DRM-free downloads as well.

Thanks, I have activated the key! But you might want to remove it from your post now. I did not keep a trace of the key after activating it.

Ok, I trust you. :p

Plus an extra 20% off using promo code: BETATHANKS

http://www.gamefly.com/rent-games/Search/?kw=THQWeekend&adtrackingid=cmju029#.UIrmr4l5nTo

Time to jump on STALKER for $4.

Is STALKER a Steam code?

Doomrider

Amazon's probably going to have a nice deal on The Darkness II soon.

It'll probably be something like 7.50$, and it's totally worth it. It's a blast of a game that gets most of the important stuff right: gameplay, graphics, story, characters, voice-acting... I mean, even firing the default, most basic handgun feels amazing. I love the meaty sound and the sense of weight most of the guns have.

Very, very good shooter.

It'll probably be something like 7.50$, and it's totally worth it. It's a blast of a game that gets most of the important stuff right: gameplay, graphics, story, characters, voice-acting... I mean, even firing the default, most basic handgun feels amazing. I love the meaty sound and the sense of weight most of the guns have.

Very, very good shooter.

I concur, it's a very solid game all around.

Oh yes. Definitely. Gnomoria is a nice starting point. Play with that for a few hours then step up to DF if you feel brave. Quality wise, A Game of Dwarves isnt even in the same ballpark as Gnomoria, and that Beta released only like 3 months ago.

Awesome. I picked up Gnomoria when it was on Indie Game Stand, so I might dive into that after I finish up Geneforge.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wish I did some searching before buying Deadlight...

"LOTDgame.exe has stopped working"

apparently it's locked to 30fps, too, without doing some kind of modification?

I guess the only way to fix the error and get the game running is to change my region to United States, which is something I'd rather not do just for this game.

I really wish I didn't pay money for this and support this dev's half-assed effort at putting their game on PC.

edit: oh god, it's published by Microsoft. I really should have looked first.

Microsoft's shit has consistently been awful on Windows (ironic considering it's their operating system). Always weird-ass problems with regional and language settings. Why can't they get their shit together?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Deadlight engine.ini:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\LOTDGame\Config

Change these:
bSmoothFrameRate=True
MinSmoothedFrameRate=20
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=30

Basic UE3 tweaking 101.

Tess3ract

Banned
Plus an extra 20% off using promo code: BETATHANKS

http://www.gamefly.com/rent-games/Search/?kw=THQWeekend&adtrackingid=cmju029#.UIrmr4l5nTo

Time to jump on STALKER for $4.
Thanks for this, I just got nexuis, homefront, and darksiders 2 for $26!
http://www.getloadedgo.com/

Choose any of these 2 games for $15:

Darksiders II (Steam)
Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition ("Not Steam")
IL-2 Cliffs of Dover (Steam)
The Darkness II (Steam)
Metro 2033 (Steam)
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter HD (Steam)

Saw it on CAG.
Can someone give/sell me IL-2? I have everything else there

Darksiders II (Steam)
The Darkness II (Steam)
Metro 2033 (Steam)

Saw it on CAG.

I also received that e-mail. They state that I can pass the code to a friend, but where is that code exactly? I don't intend to purchase anything so I'd be glad to giveaway my code if anybody's interested.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Oh... third time that I miss Home today.
I guess I should just buy it.

You're really not missing anything, the story is predictable and far from special and the ending is the biggest cop-out I have ever seen. Keep trying for a free code if you must but I do not suggest putting down money for it alone.

The Darkness 2 is 5 bucks on Amazon.

edit: The deal is limited, so jump on it if you're interested.

This is about the 20th time I'm reading Darksiders instead of Darkness. I haven't finished DS1 yet and I've heard some concerning things about DS2 but I'd jump at that deal in a second :lol

dani_dc

Darksiders (Steam)
The Darkness II (Steam)
Metro 2033 (Steam)

Saw it on CAG.

I'm pretty sure all of those titles (Batman excluded) have been $5 or less in the past, and they will probably go as low as that again in the next big sales.

Lain

Is it normal to lose all the non steam games added to the steam client?
I was just wanting to play some WoW and noticed my list of games shrunk and all the non steam games I had added there is not there anymore.
Having to re-add everything with the custom icons as well is going to be annoying.

Is it normal to lose all the non steam games added to the steam client?
I was just wanting to play some WoW and noticed my list of games shrunk and all the non steam games I had added there is not there anymore.
Having to re-add everything with the custom icons as well is going to be annoying.

Yeah, they still haven't fixed it, sadly :/

Anyone interested I'm streaming some Lucius:

I've got to work out the settings; I'll update in a bit.

I don't want to spend all night messing with settings, as I'd like to play the game.

People should really check this game out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom