• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Amazing Spiderman isn't half bad. The story is set after the events of the recent film, it's basically a sequel of sorts although none of the characters remotely look or sound like their film counterparts. The core idea of the story is kind of interesting--Oscorp continuing on with Connors work, creating all manner of monstrosities (as a means of introducing classic Spidey villains)--, the delivery is laughably terrible though.

The combat is a total ripoff of Rocksteady's Arkham games but it works incredibly well here. Press the attack button a few times, awesome shit happens, Spider Sense goes off, time for a counter, you've beaten on an enemy long enough, time for an acrobatic finisher. The rhythm of combat doesn't feel quite as tight in Amazing Spiderman as it is in the Arkham games, but it's fairly well done. Plus they've added things like web rushing (for rapid traversal and attackign across large distances in the combat area), the ability to toss large objects within the environment and other basic web attacks.

What I really enjoy the most is traversing the open world, I've killed a lot of time just swinging around the city, collecting comic book pages and stopping random muggings because it's just fun.

Sober

Is the open world at least better than Arkham City's? Anything funny like not being able to just stroll around on the streets?

catabarez

So Amazing Spiderman isn't half bad. The story is set after the events of the recent film, it's basically a sequel of sorts although none of the characters remotely look or sound like their film counterparts. The core idea of the story is kind of interesting--Oscorp continuing on with Connors work, creating all manner of monstrosities (as a means of introducing classic Spidey villains)--, the delivery is laughably terrible though.

The combat is a total ripoff of Rocksteady's Arkham games but it works incredibly well here. Press the attack button a few times, awesome shit happens, Spider Sense goes off, time for a counter, you've beaten on an enemy long enough, time for an acrobatic finisher. The rhythm of combat doesn't feel quite as tight in Amazing Spiderman as it is in the Arkham games, but it's fairly well done. Plus they've added things like web rushing (for rapid traversal and attackign across large distances in the combat area), the ability to toss large objects within the environment and other basic web attacks.

What I really enjoy the most is traversing the open world, I've killed a lot of time just swinging around the city, collecting comic book pages and stopping random muggings because it's just fun.

I loved the game. Definitely worth a buy when it goes down in price. I wanna get the Stan Lee DLC lol

Is the open world at least better than Arkham City's? Anything funny like not being able to just stroll around on the streets?

You can drop down to the streets, I stopped three muggings that appeared on the minimap along with the first genuine openworld mission. Aside from that I haven't spent much time on the ground, been swinging around and grabbing comics.

I loved the game. Definitely worth a buy when it goes down in price. I wanna get the Stan Lee DLC lol

That actually looks pretty amazing.

Baha

Why was Legends of Pegasus removed from Steam?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/205590/discussions/0/864948030097044204/

DEVELOPER FILES FOR BANKRUPTCY, game will not be patched, code will not be released!
Don't bother buying this game, it's broken (major features don't work) & now will never be fixed since the dev is closing. As this is a non-functioning game that will no longer have support, I believe this should be removed from steam to basicaly prevent a scam.

source: http://worthplaying.com/article/2012/10/8/news/87164/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Oh wow, thanks for the update. Man what a shame, the base mechanics looked neat.

No they dont. Believe someone who played it. Such a disappointing mess. Glad its removed. Now Endless Space on the other hand is pretty darn good.

God dammit, I bought that game. Let's see about a refund. :|

Probably not if you already played it, or if the purchase has been a while ago.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Thats the "Refund everything once" thing though. You can get that for everything I believe, once on your account. You can sometimes get refunds for valid reasons that dont touch that refund it once thing. If it was expensive for you, you might refund it as well though.

Same rule for deleting a game from your library as well. You can ask the support ONCE to delete something from your account (you can tell them to delete multiple games in that one request though).

Salsa

BIJnd.png

GODAMN GAF

now im hyper-drinking

catabarez <3

If I could simply give you my license/copy of the game, I would.

heard about some bugs. That it?

Salsa

I can't decide if that says more about the quality of the game or your kindness.

I was watching the giantbomb quick look and the approach to outright give you an option to disable the steamwork features when you start the game (instead of trying to fix them asap) is.. questionable behaviour

but the game looks so good and original that most people seem to bare with that stuff

super excited to try it out, big thanks to catabarez again

Salsa

Wish I could succesfully stealth beg for all my steam games like that.

that's not my intention

I got a bit drunk cause I was readying up for a girl who canceled on me (read over at drunk thread) and saw the GB quick look and thought how im in the perfect state to play a game like that

dont think if I was stealth beggin i'd be all publicly thankful about it. catabarez is just one cool cat

zkylon

zkylewd
that's not my intention

I got a bit drunk cause I was readying up for a girl who canceled on me (read over at drunk thread) and saw the GB quick look and thought how im in the perfect state to play a game like that

dont think if I was stealth beggin i'd be all publicly thankful about it. catabarez is just one cool cat
There's a drunk thread?

I can't decide if that says more about the quality of the game or your kindness.

Probably a little column A and a little from column B. The only thing objectively wrong with the game currently is its wonky Steam integration, which doesn't really matter to me. Aside from the soundtrack the game hasn't really impressed me as much as it has others, it's kind of 10$ I wish I hadn't spent.

that's not my intention

Feel you bro.

Had a huge talk with an ex, and someone i asked out suddenly decided to introduce me to her friend instead yesterday. Woke up today at 12am in a stupor.

Edit: Drunk thread is bro thread. Funnily enough it's probably the most friendly thread here in neogaf.

xJavonta

Banned
Is turning off UAC safe? I already have my firewall and MSE enabled and running, I want to turn off those annoying ass UAC alerts but I'm not sure if it's a good idea...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is turning off UAC safe? I already have my firewall and MSE enabled and running, I want to turn off those annoying ass UAC alerts but I'm not sure if it's a good idea...

Yes. UAC is good for one thing: getting in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom