• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gav47

My order went through

a_comprehensive_glossary_of_gifs-5.gif

Xotic key

If someone would mind helping me get a Modern Warfare 2 Steam code for the sale price I would be epically grateful. Will throw in Serious Sam Classic 1st and 2nd Encounter + Random Encounter as a tip. :p

We need a review of Dinner Date from SteveWinwood!!! XO

I'll install it now I 'spose. I remember someone on here (joemoltov?) said it was just super goofy and experimental and wasn't really worth it. I'll play through some of it though. Would you look at that, already done downloading too.

Edit: lol Joe.

HoosTrax

I saw Dinner Date as the Daily Deal, and wondered if it was inspired by "The Song of Lunch" made-for-TV BBC movie. The entire movie consists of exploring the relationship between a writer and his ex when they meet up for lunch.

jediyoshi

New Costume Quest update
This patch of Costume Quest adds a few new options:

- You can now toggle v-sync through the display settings
- We added an FXAA shader to help reduce jaggies. It’s enabled by default, and you can toggle it through the display settings
- For those with powerful GPU's, we added support for supersampling for even higher quality antialiasing. In Steam, right-click on Costume Quest, go to Properties…, click Set Launch Options…, and then type in either –ssaa2x or –ssaa4x. If you launch Costume Quest elsewhere, then just use –ssaa2x or –ssaa4x as command line arguments.

Gives a bit of a performance hit.

This "Quote to get a key thing." is generous and thoughtful, but also completely unfair to people who aren't at home.

I'm with you, giving keys must stop, it's the only way.

Tambini

I can't even reach the main menu of Modern Warfare 2 before it freezes :(

Anyone else having problems? I've tried verifying the files

Yeah I'd skip Dinner Date unless you're really into the "innovation" of video games or video games as "art" or whatever. I'm usually a sucker for that sort of stuff and I was still unimpressed by it. It could have been a youtube video.

Also pairing this

4T5u2.jpg

with it is a super bad idea unless you wanna be a downer for the rest of day (which I will be now :/ )

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah I'd skip Dinner Date unless you're really into the "innovation" of video games or video games as "art" or whatever. I'm usually a sucker for that sort of stuff and I was still unimpressed by it. It could have been a youtube video.

Also pairing this

with it is a super bad idea unless you wanna be a downer for the rest of day (which I will be now :/ )
Steve needs a hug. =(

What's that picture from?

Speevy

Banned
Too bad this falls under "Their keys, their way."

I'm not suggesting fault in the giving away of keys, but why should a person get there first and be unable to use the code?

There's the flaw.

It's really not a big deal either way. I'm just stating my personal preference.

I'm not suggesting fault in the giving away of keys, but why should a person get there first and be unable to use the code?

There's the flaw.

It's really not a big deal either way. I'm just stating my personal preference.

It's the way with the least amount of work for the person giving away the key and also doesn't clutter up the thread with quoted replies.

amazon said:
Sorry, processing of this order is taking longer than expected
• This order may take up to 4 hours to process but usually will take less than an hour
• Please do not re-order this item
• Once your order is complete, you can download your purchase here. We will also send the download link to your e-mail address
• For more information or to cancel your order, contact us

Great :|

Sober

Welp, it's February 14. I suppose Dinner Date is appropriate enough for my situation.

Also MW2 for 5$, guess I'll jump on that and try the MP to satisfy my morbid curiosity. Might as well go full pathetic today.

PaulLFC

This, I'm tired of people not have enough decency to say that they've taken keys on offer.
Yeah, this. I saw a giveaway once where the person giving away the key put "PLEASE POST IF YOU TAKE THE KEY" - even bolded it, and then someone just took the key and didn't even have the decency to say thanks. It was a "quote to see" key as well, so it's not like a lurker who actually couldn't post had taken it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom