• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

CDPROJEKT is genius. TW2 is selling as if it was a brand new game, and, from the steam charts over the past week, at a nice clip to boot.

All for what was relatively minor stuff in the grand scheme of things.

Volcynika

I already contacted them and no. What about credit card info? I got a ticket and don't know how long that will take. I've had my account for so long...

That might be possible (not sure of account recovery with an issue like that). Do keep in mind that they don't respond on weekends. Whenever I've dealt with them, just a day or two. Granted, it might take longer or shorter. Remember they are on Pacific time (not sure what timezone you're in) so it might be later in the day for you when they respond.

That might be possible (not sure of account recovery with an issue like that). Do keep in mind that they don't respond on weekends. Whenever I've dealt with them, just a day or two. Granted, it might take longer or shorter. Remember they are on Pacific time (not sure what timezone you're in) so it might be later in the day for you when they respond.

Thank you.

Relax.MX

CDPROJEKT is genius. TW2 is selling as if it was a brand new game, and, from the steam charts over the past week, at a nice clip to boot.

Minor stuff? all the FREE updates for this game is more than 100 usd of EA or Activision updates

New quests, new characters, new graphics, new places, refined gameplay, new modes, new videos, no drm...¿for the GOTY of 2011?...CD Projekt is great!! the game deserve be full price

iavi

The FREE updates for this game is more than 100 usd of EA or Activision updates

New quests, new characters, new graphics, new places, refined gameplay, new modes, new videos...for the GOTY of 2011...

I'm not saying that it doesn't deserve the boost.

I reformatted my laptop recently and reinstalled STEAM. It says I am on a new computer and that an email was sent to verify. The email on my STEAM account was disabled awhile back and I can't receive that email. What do I do?

I had a similar thing happen where my email address got hacked so I just closed it down. I didn't contact Steam first 'cause I didn't think about it. In order to change your email, they send you an email to the old address. So yeah, I just sent a message to them explaning what happened and thay switched it to my new address. I think they asked for my full physical address or some such shit. Wasn't a big deal at all.

Luckily I could still play my games since their support can be slow as fuck sometimes.

Megasoum

Banned

And that's why the price actually went up for the FREE update... The Witcher 2 was 40$ (normal price) but now the Enhanced Edition (which is just the 40$ game + Free update) is 50$.... Then they promote it with a fancy 15% off like it's an amazing deal but that brings down the price to 43$.... Talk about rip-off...

Note that I'm not saying that the game is not worth 40$, the game is amazing, but wtf. That's some EA/Activision level bullshit.

Volcynika

And that's why the price actually went up for the FREE update... The Witcher 2 was 40$ (normal price) but now the Enhanced Edition (which is just the 40$ game + Free update) is 60$.... Then they promote it with a fancy 15% off like it's an amazing deal but that brings down the price to 43$.... Talk about rip-off...

Note that I'm not saying that the game is not worth 40$, the game is amazing, but wtf. That's some EA/Activision level bullshit.

Maybe you typo'd but the standard price is $50.

DTKT

And that's why the price actually went up for the FREE update... The Witcher 2 was 40$ (normal price) but now the Enhanced Edition (which is just the 40$ game + Free update) is 50$.... Then they promote it with a fancy 15% off like it's an amazing deal but that brings down the price to 43$.... Talk about rip-off...

What are you talking about.

http://www.steamprices.com/br/app/20920/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-enhanced-edition

It's still 49.99 like it always was.

Right, it's 50$, I'll edit my post... The point still stands tho.

What was your point? The game was 49.99$ at launch. It was just updated to the EE edition. It's still 49.99$ with a 15% discount.

louiedog

And that's why the price actually went up for the FREE update... The Witcher 2 was 40$ (normal price) but now the Enhanced Edition (which is just the 40$ game + Free update) is 60$.... Then they promote it with a fancy 15% off like it's an amazing deal but that brings down the price to 43$.... Talk about rip-off...

It's a new edition of the game. When EA/Activision releases a GOTY/Gold/Whatever edition with DLC included it costs more than the current MSRP of the base edition. The difference is that they don't give existing owners access to the new content for free.

Eusis

That's some EA/Activision level bullshit.
Could be directly related to Namco Bandai too, given their lawsuit resulted in them needing to enforce certain prices for Witcher 2 on GOG via Geolocation. Plus it might be necessary to not make the 360 look like a "bad value" and get ignored (or at least irritate Microsoft/WB).

Lingitiz

I think CD Project has earned a little slack. They brought over the updates for existing owners free of charge and are giving away free backup copies on GOG. Can't fault them for wanting a little extra for their effort. CD Project is a company whose games are worth full prices not only because they are damn good, but because they treat the buyers well. TW2 is one game no one should ever bitch about as a rip off. Its just absurd.

It's a new edition of the game. When EA/Activision releases a GOTY/Gold/Whatever edition with DLC included it costs more than the current MSRP of the base edition. The difference is that they don't give existing owners access to the new content for free.

Exactly this.

Did people not expect the price to go back up to full retail? 'Cause I certainly knew it would.

They told everyone they'd get the update for free, and we all did. They never said the enhanced edition wouldn't cost $50 after that. There is nothing here to bitch about, at all.

DTKT

I think CD Project has earned a little slack. They brought over the updates for existing owners free of charge and are giving away free backup copies on GOG. Can't fault them for wanting a little extra for their effort. CD Project is a company whose games are worth full prices not only because they are damn good, but because they treat the buyers well.

Pretty much. I'll take out my pitchfork for stuff that actually matters.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, following last week's sale, I bought and started playing Rage... The game start really slow but once it starts picking up it's actually a lot of fun!

I'm playing through Rage with a mate at the moment and he's enjoying it, too. This is the first time I've played the game with the detailed textures patch -- it makes quite an improvement, though I do get a little pop-in on the odd occasion (nothing bothersome, though, and the game did warn me that my dual-core PC wouldn't be up to the task). Rage's X360 controller support is great, but without auto-aim it's a huge step down from the keyboard and mouse; in fact, I had to knock down the difficulty from Hard to Normal.

I'd like to know if id are still planning on releasing further DLC. Given it's been over six months since the game's release, the answer to that question is either "nope" or "creating a third hub takes time".

Card Boy

Banned
Beat Hazard is the second best twin sticker shooter ever available. The Ultra DLC is essential IMO, it adds so much new stuff. Also disable V-Sync it felts sluggish with it on.

It was 39.95$ for AT LEAST a month until the day the EE came out when they bumped it to 50$.
I remember you just coming in tons of threads begging for a sale on 2 all the time. If you can wait that long for a price you "agree with" then you can wait till summer. You missed out. Stop bitching.

Beat Hazard is the second best twin sticker shooter ever available. The Ultra DLC is essential IMO, it adds so much new stuff. Also disable V-Sync it felts sluggish with it on.

Just got the game a few days ago, it is seriously fucking awesome when you get the right songs going, lights off, and spearkers cranked. I want to play in in a theater. I was curious about the DLC. Guess I'll be buying that.

I saw the EE at Fry's last week for $30, not on sale, the sticker price. It's also 30 at Amazon, which doesn't seem to be a discount.

EE is $41 on amazon, normal is $30. I'm sure once the normal is gone, it's gone for good obviously. So, there you go. Anyone bitching, buy the normal version for 30 bucks from amazon, put the key into GoG, boom. You have a digital version of the enhanced edition forever.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VJNPPE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's also $30 on fry's website for the normal version, and $50 for the enhanced.

Lingitiz

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing what this is all about.

It really is dependent on the songs you play, but it can get really crazy.

Yep. And use the internet radio options sometimes, 'cause you'll hear songs you woudln't usually listen to and discover some cools ones to play. Fireflies by Owl City and We Belong by Pat Benatar were awesome to play, and I certainly would have never picked those myself.

Card Boy

Banned
I was curious about the DLC. Guess I'll be buying that.

You can get it in the Be Mine Bundle 2 for $4 min and get some other games aswell. I really only bought the Be Mine Bundle to double dip to the PC version of this.

It adds so much though.
Power-up with 3 new tactical weapons: Micro Missiles, Reflect Shield and Ultra Beam.
Online play; Co-op and Head to Head
New bosses and enemy ships
New perk system with 3 kick ass weapon upgrades
Boss Rush Mode
New achievements & Leaderboards
1.5 hours of cool new Indie tracks
And now turn it up to 200% visual feedback! Yikes! (Or turn it down to 50% if you wish)

Just all the new perks makes it worth. I got both the PC and iOS versions and i love the game.

You can get it in the Be Mine Bundle 2 for $4 min and get some other games aswell. I really only bought the Be Mine Bundle to double dip to the PC version of this.

It adds so much though.

Just all the new perks makes it worth. I got both the PC and iOS versions and i love the game.

Are you sure about that? I got the game through the Be Mine budle and did not get the DLC as far as I can tell.

Oh I didn't know the enhanced had new box art. Weird, the one I saw for $30 at Fry's was the old non-enhanced box art, but had a sticker on it saying Enhanced Edition.

Makes sense, since the patch will always be free. The only reason to buy the new version is if you want the art for some reason, or if you don't want to download the patch I suppose. But, I'm sure they're obviously not producing the old version any more. So once it's gone, no more cheap witcher 2, until the price drops in a month or two.

It just got added 2 days ago when they reached 25000 'meals'. Check your download page again.

Fuck yeah! That's awesome. This was the first indie bundle I've bought, so I'm a newb to this whole thing. But, yep. It's there. I was about to buy it on steam, saved me five bucks. Thanks.

To those who bought Blades of Time Limited Edition, do you have the Dismal Swamp DLC? On the DLC tab I only have Extended Edition and I can't find the DLC in-game. When I go to the DLC store page it doesn't say I already own it like it says on the game page. Also, on my account subscriptions and purchases page states it says I bought Blades of Time Limited Edition DLC, is it the same for you?

ngt

To those who bought Blades of Time Limited Edition, do you have the Dismal Swamp DLC? On the DLC tab I only have Extended Edition and I can't find the DLC in-game. When I go to the DLC store page it doesn't say I already own it like it says on the game page. Also, on my account subscriptions and purchases page states it says I bought Blades of Time Limited Edition DLC, is it the same for you?

Tried to find out, but none of my friends on Steam has got this game. Are you sure you bought the Limited Edition? Both versions got the same price.
Can you actually see if you've got all those extras mentioned in the description (ost, wallpapers, pdf)?

Twinduct

I'm playing through Rage with a mate at the moment and he's enjoying it, too. This is the first time I've played the game with the detailed textures patch

Official or unofficial?
A quick google search only gave me ' There is no plans for a texture pack ' talk.

Tried to find out, but none of my friends on Steam has got this game. Are you sure you bought the Limited Edition? Both versions got the same price.
Can you actually see if you've got all those extras mentioned in the description (ost, wallpapers, pdf)?

Yep, got them all. And I'm quite OCD when making any kind of purchase so I check and recheck my selections before committing. I know I bought the Limited Edition.

Also, found out in the meantime I'm not the only one. There's a thread on the Steam forums with people having the same problem. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2662359

MNC

The value of the game went up significantly. People that already purchased are being rewarded for good customers. For people waiting: They still pay their money's worth.

ngt

Yep, got them all. And I'm quite OCD when making any kind of purchase so I check and recheck my selections before committing. I know I bought the Limited Edition.

Also, found out in the meantime I'm not the only one. There's a thread on the Steam forums with people having the same problem. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2662359

Just bought it as a gift for a friend. Still got it in my inventory and it says on it that it includes two items: game and dlc. Not sure what will happen when he adds it to his account though.

The value of the game went up significantly. People that already purchased are being rewarded for good customers. For people waiting: They still pay their money's worth.

W2 was already a great game and now it's even better. And you get a DRM-Free backup copy. And one of the best (if not the best) customer service ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom