• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Spec Ops, again. On a second play it's much better and the foreshadowing is obviously more pronounced. Honestly I think it's worth the hype, and it's pretty much the only game to really make me think about its content. The gameplay isn't stellar but it's functional and fun, but the narrative and psychological stuff really elevates it.

FloatOn

the first Sanctum was really good. I haven't spent enough time with it to really warrant a purchase of the sequel yet though.

Those that skipped the first should absolutely get the second, it's up there with Orcs Must Die in the genre of non-boring tower defense games.

Anomaly 2 is coming out today as well and that's also a really great twist on the tower defense genre. This one has transforming mech units AND multiplayer, where one player is the tower offense and the other is defense.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was going to jump on Sanctum 2 when it popped up a week ago or so, but then I realised the TD spin-off is available separately and wasn't solely a pre-purchase incentive.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
the first Sanctum was really good. I haven't spent enough time with it to really warrant a purchase of the sequel yet though.

Those that skipped the first should absolutely get the second, it's up there with Orcs Must Die in the genre of non-boring tower defense games.

Anomaly 2 is coming out today as well and that's also a really great twist on the tower defense genre. This one has transforming mech units AND multiplayer, where one player is the tower offense and the other is defense.
If you gift it to me, I promise you I won't skip
getting
it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I found Sanctum to be pretty boring after an hour or so, like most tower defense games. It would seem my friends felt the same as no one has really suggested it since.

dsk1210

Is anybody having problems running d3doverider if steam overlay is active? My games seem to be crashing if I have the overlay on, fine if I turn it off, but then I don't get messages while I am ingame.

Annoying :-(. Never had a problem with it before.

In other news, I finally did it.

bQHHJ2e.jpg

1000 actual games.

Steam's fake count on the profile page puts me at 1329. Still don't know exactly where it makes that number up from but whatever.

Thank you for saying thank you! And for giving away other games.

Wow congrats!

uuuuhhhh GTA 5 steam key ? and it's instant!

Has a PC version even been announced?

(edit: I'm not suggesting anyone buy this btw, I'm questioning the legitimacy of the site since even if it is legit it looks shady as hell)

"Simply CDKeys : Leaders in Digital Downloads". super trustworthy hah

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
uuuuhhhh GTA 5 steam key ? and it's instant!

Has a PC version even been announced?

(edit: I'm not suggesting anyone buy this btw, I'm questioning the legitimacy of the site since even if it is legit it looks shady as hell)

R* has recently got into the habit of making its DD products Steam-redeemable (get crackin' on Manhunt 2 already!), so while that listing initially caught my eye also, it's actually a rather safe bet.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I bought a Half Life 3 key off of Simply CDKeys and it won't redeem. Any suggestions?
Delete ClientRegistry.blob, get out of the beta and send me your credit card details. That last step is critical, so be sure you do it ASAP.

DagsJT

I've ordered Ghost Recon Future Soldier (disc version) from Simply Games and had no issues, game arrived and worked fine etc.

Email confirmation has address listed as Simply Games Limited. - PO Box 15, St.Ives, Eng PE27 9BD, with an 0845 number.

MNC

I found Sanctum to be pretty boring after an hour or so, like most tower defense games. It would seem my friends felt the same as no one has really suggested it since.

That's because Sanctum *is* boring. Defense Grid is the only tower defense game that managed to interest me long enough.

And that's because of the fast forward.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So much for it being vouched for.

That's because Sanctum *is* boring. Defense Grid is the only tower defense game that managed to interest me long enough.

And that's because of the fast forward.

I thought Anomaly was decent because of the almost constant input required.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Woah, I'm pretty excited for Sniper 2 when it hits the right place. The Snowy DLC missions look pretty sweet too.

Why does everything have to be sextuple-A with you guys. This is what is destroying the industry.

deejay

R* has recently got into the habit of making its DD products Steam-redeemable (get crackin' on Manhunt 2 already!), so while that listing initially caught my eye also, it's actually a rather safe bet.

What ? Where did you hear about that ?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, I only did a search for simplycdkeys.

Then again, who is Addnan anyway? Probably works for simplycdkeys/the Illuminati.
GABEN FOUND YOU!!!
  GABEN FOUND YOU!!!
    GABEN FOUND YOU!!!
      GABEN FOUND YOU!!!
        GABEN FOUND YOU!!!
          GABEN FOUND YOU!!!
            GABEN FOUND YOU!!!
              GABEN FOUND YOU!!!
                GABEN FOUND YOU!!!
                RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
              RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
            RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
          RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
        RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
      RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
    RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
  RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!
RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Gaben being a reptilian would actually make a lot of sense. Someone photoshop some snakes on to that man as proof!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom