• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiked

Neo Member
How does one use the Dunder Store? Really interested in the Might and Magic pack at that price.

On a side note I decided to go back and play through Zeno Clash. What a great game due mostly in part to the setting and characters. Although it was really short... I think I finished it in about 3 hours. Really recommend people checking it out if they have the time.

wilflare

Ubi doesn't force Uplay upon its external development partners. Plus, it was in development under THQ for quite a while as a Steamworks game.

You can go without lunch for a couple of days. :p

it's not about lunch!

oh yes.. are Majesty 2 and Majesty 2 Collection.. different?
Steam says I don't own Majesty 2 although I have the Collection @_@

liezryou

Really? Still random dips? Wow.

Then I guess Far Cry 3 is actually the good exception since at least they bothered to make it better.

Nono, not random dips; consistent across the board FPS drops for the majority of PCs in boston and the frontier. Makes the game unplayable.

Gbraga

Nono, not random dips; consistent across the board FPS drops for the majority of PCs in boston and the frontier. Makes the game unplayable.

Man, the framerate drop in Boston was fucking BS. At first I thought "ok, my PC can't handle it, it's the most crowded place so far after all", but then I started increasing resolution and it was still 40fps on Boston even at 2560x1440, wut/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Really? Still random dips? Wow.

Then I guess Far Cry 3 is actually the good exception since at least they bothered to make it better.

Pity the buggered DX11 renderer wasn't fixed (running it in multithreaded mode causes severe instability on many systems, which is a particular problem as it's the default setting).

jtb

Banned
accidentally bought the weekly bundle twice

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Democracy 2 -- MB-FCA8C5A359797F7E - Taken by Cth
Gratuitous Space Battles #2 -- MB-3B093C0429471A7F - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo
Gratuitous Space Battles -- MB-4577A6DABF3C8675 - Taken by Tellaerin
Gratuitous Tank Battles -- MB-D6594B365C8F5328 - Taken by unpurposed

Untitled.png

I'm not sure what's happening here.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Any good deals on Skullgirls around? I've already payed over $30 between the 360 and PS3 copies, not really looking to throw down another $15.

JaseC

ok JaseC...how many .gifs of Sinora Rose En do you have?

I downloaded two sets from Tumblr a while back, and if you include the one or two I've made myself, there'd be around 780 altogether (obviously not all of them are fit for use as reply gifs).

MrNelson

Banned
Damn, figures Castlevania would go up on the Dunder Store when I go out to drop off some food for my lady :/

Hopefully more spots open up.

Fireblend

Banned
Where is the instruction manual for this thing? I want to buy Castlevania.

Does the lack of uncommented green boxes on the CV:LOS line mean that he's sold out?

Green cell = available copy.
Orange cell = reserve copy, no guarantees.
White cell = you're out of luck.

To buy game:

1. Right click on any green cell (belonging to the game you want of course)
  2. Select "Insert Comment"
  3. Add a link to your NeoGAF profile AND your Steam profile
  4. Wait for a PM from Dunder
  5. Pay him on paypal
  6. Receive Steam gift
  7. Accept Steam gift
  8. Stare at library
  9. Never install it or play it.

Tellaerin

So guys.... pulled an all nighter.... I've been up for 28 hours. Do I play games or sleep?

Play a game until you start nodding off (if you aren't already) - pick something that doesn't require quick reflexes - then go lie down before you fall asleep in your chair. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything. >.>

nexen

Green cell = available copy.
Orange cell = reserve copy, no guarantees.
White cell = you're out of luck.

To buy game:

1. Right click on any green cell (belonging to the game you want of course)
  2. Select "Insert Comment"
  3. Add a link to your NeoGAF profile AND your Steam profile
  4. Wait for a PM from Dunder
  5. Pay him on paypal
  6. Receive Steam gift
  7. Accept Steam gift
  8. Stare at library
  9. Never install it or play it.

Thanks!

JaseC

Where is the instruction manual for this thing? I want to buy Castlevania.

Does the lack of uncommented green boxes on the CV:LOS line mean that he's sold out?

You leave a comment in the box pertaining to the game you're interested in with your GAF name and a link to your profile -- green means there's a copy available while orange means additional copies may be available later.

So, yes, you're right.

Edit: Far too slow.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Guys, I'm gonna have to stop accepting free hjs soon. I've decided to wind it down over the course of the next few months, so you all still have a little time.

Salsa

that smug sayid avatar might be the one ive seen that affects the tone of each post the most

i'd change it

look at morningbus, he's just laughin

JaseC

but aren't they like the same game. lol.
(unless you are saying buy to pad the library)

doh. missed Democracy 2 nice one jtb!

Pretty much. Majesty 2 + DLC and Majesty 2 Collection are literally identical in terms of content.

wilflare

Pretty much. Majesty 2 + DLC and Majesty 2 Collection are literally identical in terms of content.

I'll just hope it goes on some bundle.
but the way Paradox/Steam is treating is pretty... dumb :/
this is the same case as Batman AC and Batman AC GOTY?

and.. I didn't know Gotham City Imposters became F2P lol. that game is still on my wishlists... but all those DLCs...

JaseC

Where does Dunder buy the games he sell so cheap?

He trades TF2 keys/items for them. More often than not I'd wager the sellers are in Eastern Europe (the Ukrainian store in particular generally has RUesque pricing while avoiding the RU/CIS banner).

JaseC

I'll just hope it goes on some bundle.
but the way Paradox/Steam is treating is pretty... dumb :/
this is the same case as Batman AC and Batman AC GOTY?

and.. I didn't know Gotham City Imposters became F2P lol. that game is still on my wishlists... but all those DLCs...

Yeah, but Arkham City and its DLC are no longer available on their own.

Edit: Bah, forgot to switch tabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom