• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

So, I saw some people at lvl 68 with tons of lvl 5 (500xp) badges. Does this mean they spend like a hundred bucks on all those badges? I'm pretty new to this card system.

So, I saw some people at lvl 68 with tons of lvl 5 (500xp) badges. Does this mean they spend like a hundred bucks on all those badges? I'm pretty new to this card system.

probably spent a good chunk of change, yes. Because I think that means you have to buy all the badges 5 times.

Vecks

Yup, Valve managed to implement some sort of trickle-down economy with these cards.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, the sequel, Rocksmith 2014, was just announced at E3 (don't let the title fool you; it releases October 2013). Both the on-disc and DLC songs are supposed to be compatible with the new version, so it's still worth buying the current game, especially at this price. Oh, and the current cable will also be the one used for Rocksmith 2014, so no worries there.

This game really is a great learning/practice tool. I've been playing bass for around 20 years, but I only dabbled in guitar and was pretty terrible. Since getting Rocksmith, I've seen huge improvement in my guitar playing, and even my bass has gotten a bit better in certain areas I was neglecting. And of course the game is just plenty of fun as well.
Great to hear! I've been playing bass for 1 year and 2 months, so I need to improve my skills ASAP.

I'll see if I can get one of those PS3 copies to get hold of the stupid cable. Or perhaps I should take my chances and buy it from Amazon with international shipping, I don't know :/

NG28

You guys talking about the Pay Now button not doing anything when using paypal? If so, just open it i a new window.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Does the game use the term defect and trait interchangeably? Or is it only refereed to as a trait?

Things are only referred to as trait in the game. But many of them are obvious, undesired "defects" which make the game more difficult. A couple make it easier, so maybe gay is considered awesome. I can't find what it actually does compared to the other traits, except for this on the wiki:

nzEll83.png

rybrad

Things are only referred to as trait in the game. But many of them are obvious, undesired "defects" which make the game more difficult. A couple make it easier, so maybe gay is considered awesome. I'm sure that's what they meant. I can't find what it actually does compared to the other traits, except for this on the wiki:

nzEll83.png
I think gay is just a flavor trait like balding, although balding does change the loading screen message. I put a ton of time into the demo and never noticed a gameplay change with it at least.

Mrbob

Thanks!

As of right now i am debating between Gunslinger and UnEpic, downloading both demos right now.

UnEpic is pretty fun. Get in while the price is low. It's only early access because the multi player component isn't finished. The campaign part is done. Price is going up when the multi player is finished.

Lint21

Neo Member
There are lot of positive traits in Rogue Legacy, like being able to move faster, more difficult to knock back, regain mana when destroying objects, etc. There are also female gay characters in the game.

The dev has already come under some questioning regarding the gay trait on Twitter and I think on the Greenlight forum for RL. I don't think they mean anything bad, but it's definitely a slippery slope.

smr00

Banned
There are lot of positive traits in Rogue Legacy, like being able to move faster, more difficult to knock back, regain mana when destroying objects, etc. There are also female gay characters in the game.

The dev has already come under some questioning regarding the gay trait on Twitter and I think on the Greenlight forum for RL. I don't think they mean anything bad, but it's definitely a slippery slope.
Personally i don't find anything offensive or wrong about it.

I do however find that most people who are complaining about it are the type that reach and look for things to bitch about. It's not anti-gay or bashing gay people in any way shape or form. It's a silly thing with a bunch of stupid and silly traits that is all in good fun. I just hope the devs don't go in and remove it because of uptight people who get offended by anything and everything.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If they have a bunch of neutral traits as well, like hairy or web-toed, then having the trait there isn't bad.

Everything else about it is skirting a line that takes a deft hand and good comedy, though.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Being able to move faster comes from having A.D.D. Regaining mana from destroying objects comes from having O.C.D. Both of these are undesireable traits which require therapy/treatment, like most of the traits in the game (other than balding, I guess--but that's also undesirable to most). I realize many are speaking from a position of privilege and this was quite explicitly confirmed by one of the responses above, so I'm not going to derail the thread further than this reply as this is not the OT.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
xelios:
Feel free to express whatever your reaction to the game you're playing is. That it's on a topic deemed political does not make it less topical than any other thematic element of the game.

Being able to move faster comes from having A.D.D. Regaining mana from destroying objects comes from having O.C.D. Both of these are undesirable traits which require therapy/treatment...

Just jumping in to this post, not the conversation, but O man I am so screwed. :p

Salsa

Both Joe Dangers seem to have a bug where the game suddenly starts running in slow-motion. Minimizing to tray and opening it back up fixes it but it's annoying. Saw a couple discussions about it in the community hub (I miss SPUF)

Salsa

What does it change? I'll be installing nVidia drivers for a 770 soon and I need to figure out the best version to get.

you still have the old control panel but there's a new thing that is basically to let nvidia adjust settings for your games automatically based on your hardware

the only thing that threw me off is that if you double click on the tray icon now it pops up the experience thing instead of the regular control panel

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
you still have the old control panel but there's a new thing that is basically to let nvidia adjust settings for your games automatically based on your hardware

the only thing that threw me off is that if you double click on the tray icon now it pops up the experience thing instead of the regular control panel

Why would you ever use the Nvidia control panel?

Nvidia Inspector makes it irrelevant and shows what a giant turd it has always been.

Salsa

Why would you ever use the Nvidia control panel?

Nvidia Inspector makes it irrelevant and shows what a giant turd it has always been.

to do stuff other than force settings on games?

just wanted to check drivers version in this case, but I have some downsampling resolutions set up among other things. Was just saying that the experience thing is really ugly, in an alienware black/green sorta way

catabarez

to do stuff other than force settings on games?

just wanted to check drivers version in this case, but I have some downsampling resolutions set up among other things. Was just saying that the experience thing is really ugly, in an alienware black/green sorta way

Is Geforce Experience mandatory with the recent update?

cicero

Demo sold me on the game, and I want to buy it, but it's just a few dollars more than I wanted :( Why not have the typical 10/25% launch discount? bah.
Because they had a 33% off pre-order discount?

I am having lots of fun with Rogue Legacy so far. It isn't FTL good, but I think it is absolutely worth $15. First game I have pre-ordered in a long time.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder how much will cards influence people from buying stuff in Steam. I guess exclusive hats/accessories are running out of steam *rimshot*

And no summer sale sucks :(

That, or it'd be disappointing since GMG/Amazon got better before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom