• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Any way to manage your steam cloud? I have like 200 witcher 2 save files and it crashes my steam every time I try to load game. I need to delete most of them.

There's a rather complex way by editing the corresponding local versions of the cloud files...
Search for Steam Cloud Sync Conflict.

Grief.exe

This is interesting

Dustforce will be released and published on PS3, Vita and Xbox 360 by Capcom, the firm has announced. Developed by Hitbox Team, the game was released in 2012 on PC and Mac and according to Capom’s announcement during the Sony PAX conference last night, the game will contain Cross-Play between the Sony versions. More information regarding pricing and a release date will be announced at a later date.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/31/dustforce-to-be-published-on-ps3-vita-and-xbox-360-by-capcom/

And, as always, I have to post their next game

A procedurally generated, FPS/RPG-roguelike-dungeon crawler, with Quake 3 movement elements, always has to be mentioned.

spire-1.jpg

Wok

DvvXObt.png

Just beat Pid, decent game. Great visuals and music, the gravity mechanic is fun and there are enough clever ideas to keep you going. On the downside, a few sections get dangerously close to overstaying their welcome and the floaty controls are serviceable at best. All in all I had a good time and would recommend it if you don't have indie puzzle-platformer fatigue. I played on normal with a gamepad, took me 9.8h.

Mind you that I played it post-patch, the one that adjusted the broken difficult spikes in normal mode that were souring the experience for players, so I don't know how the game was before the update. As far as I know the PSN and XBLA versions weren't patched.

Ahah, I have gifted the game to a friend today. I hope he likes it too. I have helped him with the first few bugs: no sound, no joystick, so he is on the right tracks now.

Too bad Shelter is not as polished as Pid is.

Nabs

Some were wondering why they didn't just self publish on Vita/PS3, but that would require a lot of effort and time. I think they just let Capcom handle all the details so they can make some money while developing their new game.

I really hope people finally give Dustforce a chance. I know a lot of people here got it from the Humble Bundle, but very few people actually play it.

Some were wondering why they didn't just self publish on Vita/PS3, but that would require a lot of effort and time. I think they just let Capcom handle all the details so they can make some money while developing their new game.

I really hope people finally give Dustforce a chance. I know a lot of people here got it from the Humble Bundle, but very few people actually play it.

I actually missed that Bundle and really want to play it. Figured it would be cheap soon enough, but they didn't mark at down at all during the Summer Sale. Was a bummer.

Nabs

Was really looking forward to it, tried it, discovered it's not for me, sadly.

It's not an easy game, and it kind of requires a few hours to get into. The lack of proper controller support doesn't help at all. If I didn't see a post here on gaf with a nice scheme, I would have probably dropped the game before it all clicked.

I think this game could shine on Vita, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Mrbob

I stayed up way too late last night playing Game Dev Tycoon. It is the same basic concept as Game Dev Story, but there is a lot more depth to Game Dev Tycoon. Creating your own custom engines, signing publishing deals until you can get big enough to self publish big titles. Targeting games on platforms via age group or even genre type. I really, really like it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space -- MB-9BB0C98ADB5B38E8

The_Monk

I was bored so I decided to check, just out of curiosity if I bought all the games I have on my Wishlist how much money would I need to spend:

180.97€ Total.

Not that bad to be honest, I know it would be crazy to get them all now but that would be so wild. Sooo wild

IMy wallet is not Wild...

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I don't own Mark of the Ninja. It always goes on sale when I'm trying to be frugal.

So did anyone make the mistake of jumping on the Aliens deal yesterday?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Witcher -- MB-89A4E9646FE17C48 - Taken by BorntoPlay

I was bored so I decided to check, just out of curiosity if I bought all the games I have on my Wishlist how much money would I need to spend:

180.97€ Total.

Not that bad to be honest, I know it would be crazy to get them all now but that would be so wild. Sooo wild

IMy wallet is not Wild...

Play this post backwards during a full moon-

.ti od ti od ti oD

Vibranium

Banned
Bringing another group up to speed would be essentially impossible.

Either something bad happened, or it was no longer economically viable for them to continue supporting their game and moved onto a new one.

I'm not advocating the latter as a viable excuse, its just a reality of the business and a 2 man development team.

To my knowledge, there aren't any game breaking bugs. Just minor performance issues and achievements not working 100%

Understandable I guess. Well, hopefully they resurface sooner rather than later, a simple "we've moved on from Miasmata" would even be fine. If the game only has minor problems maybe I should give it a shot, could be fun.

Thanks for letting me know Grief.

Overdoziz

Banned
So apparently in America's Army Proving Grounds you're always America and the enemy is always Russia. Even if you switch teams from your perspective you're always killing Russians. I know the propaganda is basically the reason why the game exists, but that's still unsettling stuff.

Fun to play, though. :)

Turfster

So apparently in America's Army Proving Grounds you're always America and the enemy is always Russia. Even if you switch teams from your perspective you're always killing Russians. I know the propaganda is basically the reason why the game exists, but that's still unsettling stuff.

Fun to play, though. :)

What, it's not Best Korea?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What the hell is going on here? It looks like shit because I'm near a beacon that's buzzing some graphic effects all around it, but look at those guy's eyes? Also, the hooded dude on the left is in total T-position model mode.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
More Aliens: CM impressions

- Enemies have impossibly accurate grenade aim, I can't get the hang of throwing grenades at all. And because grenades are an insta-fatality at full health, well, you better run when you see the stupid indicator. Which is often. Also you better hope you're not hiding behind a crate because you're hosed if you try to move and can't get around the crate properly during the 0.0000001 seconds you have from seeing the grenade indicator to dying.

- For a mission objective I had to use a computer terminal. You press the use button and see your guy type a bunch of gibberish as a bar fills up. During the bar filling, an enemy threw a grenade (through what appeared to be solid glass that didn't break, but we'll let that slide. I couldn't abort the action or move, and the microsecond I got control again the grenade went off and gibbed me.

- I got a flamethrower and it sucked because it had no range and all the combat sequences immediately following picking it up involved enemies shooting at you from afar (and since I'm playing on hard it's basically 2-3 hit kills) and if you switched weapons you dropped the flamethrower so you couldn't even use it contextually for situations where it might have worked GREAT DESIGN

- If you're holding a gun and you press a switch or something, there's an animation of your character throwing the gun, rather than putting it away or using one free hand to push the switch. When you are done, there's no animation for picking it back up, you just get the weapon switch animation of raising the gun, as though it was always in your hands. It's pretty magical. I'm assuming it's a magic trick or your character has an unlimited supply of each gun so if you throw one away you just pull another one from your belt.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey guys just wanted to drop a quick note and let you know that I uploaded Enhanced Steam for Chrome version 4.4 to Google. Here is the changelog:

• Adds "X games with drops remaining" to badge page
  • Adds foil badge progress link to non-foil badge progress page
  • Fixes a bug where foil badges were linking to non-foil market pages
  • Better uPlay and GFWL DRM detection on app pages
  • Adds highlighting to more sales pages, midweek and weekend deals
  • Adds price per game to multi-pack purchase options

I'll try to be as responsive as possible with any issues, but my grandfather passed away this morning and I'm going to be a little busy this week making arrangements to fly across the country to attend the funeral.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Hey guys just wanted to drop a quick note and let you know that I uploaded Enhanced Steam for Chrome version 4.4 to Google.

I'll try to be as responsive as possible with any issues, but my grandfather passed away this morning and I'm going to be a little busy this week making arrangements to fly across the country to attend the funeral.

Condolences sir, don't worry too much about the plugin. We'll be here when you get everything settled.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh man, sorry to hear that.

Me too, he was such a great guy. He introduced me to gaming in the Atari 2600 / NES era and was pretty directly responsible for my lifelong love of all things video game related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom