• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The announcement thread is moving too fast, but I have a feeling the sharing thing won't work as many think it does. I don't think one of us can share the library with another "random" person.

How I read it, the following two things will work

1. You enable "Family Sharing" locally on a device, so that every other Steam account on that device can use your library

2. If you had previously installed a game on device A, another person on device A with a different Steam account can request access to that game (i.e. the entire library) and you can authorize that device for family sharing remotely.

I don't think you can send and share your library to anyone you want.

mrgone

New Spire screenshot, nothing too interesting.

Just love the concept of the game. Roguelike-FPS with Quake 3 style movement and shooting? Count me in.

tumblr_msj5h3YOf41s3b9x9o1_1280.png

Mumm-ra has entered the arena

(I'm right there with you on the Spire hype)

rookiejet

The announcement thread is moving too fast, but I have a feeling the sharing thing won't work as many think it does. I don't think one of us can share the library with another "random" person.

How I read it, the following two things will work

1. You enable "Family Sharing" locally on a device, so that every other Steam account on that device can use your library

2. If you had perviously installed a game on device A, another person on device A with a different Steam account can request access to that game (i.e. the entire library) and you can authorize that device for family sharing remotely.

I don't think you can send and share your library to anyone you want.

- "... or remotely respond to a user’s Steam request to share your previously installed games via email."

- "A Steam account may authorize Family Sharing on up to 10 devices at a given time."

Parsing that, you can allow as many users as you want, but the total number of devices used by these users is 10.

A softer limit on the number of users is that only one user has access to a shared library at a time, so you're incentivized to have less people in your family list, or atleast have people you're more agreeable to arrange/schedule sharing of game time with.

kennah

Great deal for everyone who doesn't have them though.

Trine 2, Mark of the Ninja, Eets and Brutal Legend for a dollar.

FTL and FEZ as BTA.

Volotaire

Haven't only got Fez, and it will go cheaper than the marginal money the're offering, so I'll pay 67p for Trine 2 and additional games. Have the others.

Cth

FTL and FEZ as BTA.

Hrm, don't have Trine 2 or BL (although I had it on the Xbox at one point)..

Probably going to pass on this one.

Nice game collection if you don't already have them though!

- "... or remotely respond to a user’s Steam request to share your previously installed games via email."

- "A Steam account may authorize Family Sharing on up to 10 devices at a given time."

Parsing that, you can allow as many users as you want, but the total number of devices used by these users is 10.

A softer limit on the number of users is that only one user has access to a shared library at a time, so you're incentivized to have less people in your family list, or atleast have people you're more agreeable to arrange/schedule sharing of game time with.

Don't read the FAQ selectively. This is what it says:
See a family member's installed game that you want to play? Send them a request to authorize the computer. Once authorized, the lender's library of Steam games become available for others on the machine to access, download and play.

Family Sharing is enabled in one of two ways: You can either locally enable sharing in Account Settings, with Family Sharing & Devices, or remotely respond to a user’s Steam request to share your previously installed games via email.
This means games I previously installed on the machine I want to share my library with. Y'all will be terribly disappointed.

chronomac

I already had this great game. Hope someone else enjoys it.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-4F3F4317C7E5A00C - Taken by PixyJunket

Family Sharing might still be exploited by sharing your library with some other folk in another timezone (for example Europe-West Coast/Asia).
EDIT : Nvm, we'll see how this turns up.

New Spire screenshot, nothing too interesting.

Just love the concept of the game. Roguelike-FPS with Quake 3 style movement and shooting? Count me in.

Stop with all the indies. I can't keep up D:.

Li Kao

No one asked for this bundle.

Have all that I care for : Trine, MotN, FTL, and FEZ

:(

I don't know. Yes I too am let down by the offering because hey, I bought indie games like mad these last few months, but you can't argue against the quality of the offering. Stellar bundle if you don't have most of the games here.
The problem is, is there anyone that do not possess most of the games here ?

I guess I could bite the bullet for Brutal Legend.

I feel like I am finally a real PC gamer now that I have bought all the games in a humble bundle before it was released.

The Fez and FTL soundtracks are worth the $3 though.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Guys. Buy the bundle. Make somebody else happy. Be happy about bonus games. Humble Bundle 1-8 got really great bonus games.

Now the bonus games have changed to require paying more than average. No more paying $1 before they're announced to get them.

lock icon More games coming soon!
Pay more than the average of $3.11
to unlock them when they arrive!

looks like the time of paying 1.00 and getting the bonus games is gone.

Edit: Damnit beaten by seconds.

Cth

Someone should let that guy who kept asking people to buy two copies of games (so he can play side by side with his brother) what he thinks of the new feature.

maty

FTL and FEZ as BTA.

I have all games but Eets. Bought it anyway for DRM free copy and soundtracks.
The rest of the steam keys I might give away in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom