• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavin

Neo Member
I bought Beyond Good and Evil on sale today and I can't get it to work. It says my graphics card drivers are not up to date. They are. I'm running a GTX 670 with latest drivers on Windows 8 It seems to be a pretty common problem but I haven't found a solution yet? Anyone have any luck with it?

I just clicked ok and then played anyway, worked for me.

general_tso

Neo Member
Anodyne getting updated in the registry... hope it releases soon.

sean (seagaia2) here. yeah, we're hoping to release soon but no set date, been working my butt off getting anodyne ready.

i think a lot of games came out today. cart life, incredipede, monster loves you, dlc quest...dunno about the latter 2 but the first 2 are definitely worth your time

ht01

Neo Member
I have a key for crayon physics deluxe.

Whoever can show me how to hide it so you have to quote me to see the key can have it

I can than use that to give more stuff away

Salsa

bought Cart Life again, so if I end up getting a key from the author's website i'll give it away here. Love the game.

Btw, kinda funny considering hofmeier was saying Cart Life on Steam was a tough sell just a month ago:

http://richardhofmeier.com/cartlife/basilica/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=311

Thanks for asking, Soli. These things are suggested to me sometimes but I think this game will forever lack the structural integrity required for those venues. Also, I think the patrons of those services have expectations which Cart Life would fail to meet for similar reasons. Besides, I like being my own boss and having total controoohhhl. I'll still be cleaning up Cart Life, though - I'm not abandoning ship just yet.

pretty sure the Steam version is the same as the free version, with one added character.

guy deserves money though and I doubt he's getting much through his website so hey! buy this shit and brush your teeth

cart-life-1.jpg

bought Cart Life again, so if I end up getting a key from the author's website i'll give it away here. Love the game.

Btw, kinda funny considering hofmeier was saying Cart Life on Steam was a tough sell just a month ago:

http://richardhofmeier.com/cartlife/basilica/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=311

pretty sure the Steam version is the same as the free version, with one added character.

guy deserves money though and I doubt he's getting much through his website so hey! buy this shit and brush your teeth

cart-life-1.jpg

I picked it up, looks very intriguing.

zkylon

zkylewd
buy it you cheap bastard I actually know for a fact you'll like it

it's a game about being miserable, it's pretty much for everyone
yeah I know but ticketek busted my credit card :p

I tried to buy tickets online for distant worlds and it kept saying "transaction failed", and now I find out they charged my credit card like 3 grand lol

I don't have time for more games anyways

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
This new steam update is very nice. It puts way more information closer to me and the whole thing feels snappier. Next can we get a less shitty steam overlay? Pretty please?

Wok

Dungeon Defenders II is divided into two parts: The cooperative mode is a true sequel to Dungeon Defenders with all it’s tower defense action RPG goodness. The competitive mode is a 5v5 MOBA with some of ourselves (and Dungeon Defenders) in the mix.

During the development of Dungeon Defenders we constantly tried different multiplayer modes. Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, you name it. None of them really fit. When planning the sequel, we couldn’t drop the idea that a MOBA in the Dungeon Defenders universe would rock. Maybe it was all the after hour games of League we played in the office. We don’t know. But it fit well into the storyline and achieved a core goal of helping Dungeon Defenders players meet new players, so we went all in.

Our take on the MOBA genre is more rpg-esque, with more hero customization, persistent hero leveling, loot and a town square where players can socialize, manage their heroes, shop, trade, and queue for matches. We’ve drastically simplified the item system, to reduce the learning curve for new players and are aiming for shorter total match times. We’re also experimenting with some other unique twists that you might find out about later (if they work!).

DD2 will be a F2P MOBA. You can sign up for the closed-alpha.
http://dungeondefenders2.com/register/

15. Will heroes in Dungeon Defenders II be free?
No, however there will always be a rotating selection of free heroes to choose from. Once you purchase a hero you will unlock them for play in both the cooperative and competitive modes.

16. How many heroes are in the free rotation at one time?
The exact number is to be determined, but we anticipate it will be around the same as similar free-to-play games.

17. How many heroes will be available at launch?
We are aiming for over 24 heroes at launch, with even more on their way shortly thereafter.

18. How many MOBA maps are there?
The competitive mode of Dungeon Defenders II will launch with one 5v5 map.

LoL-like.

L00P

That feeling when you finally make a boomerang in Don't Starve, so eager to try this ranged weapon out, and then it comes back and kills you

Fuck man, I felt like I died in real life as well

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The new Ultratron is out. There are a lot of great design changes overall, but I really have trouble with the visuals. Often the background is red and blue and then the enemies are the same red and their shots are the same blue. WTF?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
DD2 will be a F2P MOBA. You can sign up for the closed-alpha.
http://dungeondefenders2.com/register/

LoL-like.

More like lol-like.

I don't want to suggest that Dungeon Defenders isn't a competently made game, or that this sequel with MOBA-mode can't be good, but honestly, the greatest promise of an indie dev is a game that we couldn't see out of bigger studios. There are simply too many me-toos on the market.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That feeling when you finally make a boomerang in Don't Starve, so eager to try this ranged weapon out, and then it comes back and kills you

Fuck man, I felt like I died in real life as well

Awesome. My most comically tragic Don't Starve moment resulted in me burning to death. I made a nice, cozy little home with a bunch of grass walls and then built a campfire in the middle, not realizing that my nice little home was highly flammable. I was basically burned alive inside a ring of fire.

Perfect facial expression.

Grief.exe

Best game of Don't Starve yet.

I got a 50 bush vineyard going on, but they haven't made any berries yet. IDK how to get them to grow. EDIT: I guess I have to fertilize, good thing I grabbed about 30 Manure from the Beefalo.

I found a massive Beefalo herd so I got meat to last for at least a week.

I am going mildly insane though...

ibsA57YVI6P1vk.png

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Best game of Don't Starve yet.

I got a 50 bush vineyard going on, but they haven't made any berries yet. IDK how to get them to grow.

You need to apply manure (poop) to them. Once planted, they only yield so much berries before needing manure applied again.

Since you found a big Beefalo herd, you're set. Just pick up all that poop.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anyone who has the Logitech F710: Where do your index fingers lay on the top of the controller? Is it molded so they rest on the triggers (like a 360 pad) or the digital buttons (like a Dualshock R1/L1)? I mainly want it for emulation, and triggers are terrible for old games.

413tRB%2BYkXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Anyone who has the Logitech F710: Where do your index fingers lay on the top of the controller? Is it molded so they rest on the triggers (like a 360 pad) or the digital buttons (like a Dualshock R1/L1)? I mainly want it for emulation, and triggers are terrible for old games.

In my hands, it kind of rests in the middle of both sets, with a slight majority of the weight focused on the back triggers. Hitting either is pretty comfortable.

Grief.exe

You need to apply manure (poop) to them. Once planted, they only yield so much berries before needing manure applied again.

Since you found a big Beefalo herd, you're set. Just pick up all that poop.

Its so damn far away, there is a whole ocean between me and the Beefalo herd. I'm tempted to just uproot and head down there, but that would take a couple trips.

I got 20 Beefalo meat while I was down there, dropped it in my icebox. Headed back for more manure and meat.

Its not too bad, about a days walk. Maybe I'll just uproot and take a couple trips to get my stuff down there.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Its so damn far away, there is a whole ocean between me and the Beefalo herd. I'm tempted to just uproot and head down there, but that would take a couple trips.

I got 20 Beefalo meat while I was down there, dropped it in my icebox. Headed back for more manure and meat.

Its not too bad, about a days walk. Maybe I'll just uproot and take a couple trips to get my stuff down there.

That's my main problem with the game. I usually set a base down, plant everything, make a nice stone wall around it.... and then there's nothing else for me to do that's a day walk.

Then I think about moving, but there's too much effort involved in moving. I also don't want to restart my base somewhere else, since everything you do is so food-restricted and day/night cycle bound.

Then I just get bored and die on something stupid, like a bird.

And then I have to start everything all over again from scratch. Which means I usually just close the game and wait for the next update to have something new to do again.

Edit: Oh, I also recommend adding some sort of wall around that Berry Bush farm. From time to time, Peacocks (or whatever) will come out of the Berry bush you harvested and will eat Berries from other bushes. They're also faster than you, so if you have it walled, the stupid bird will be stuck on a wall and you can kill it for some meat. You don't really need a 50 Berry Bush farm. 20 will be enough, specially with the manure upkeep.

Sajjaja

How do you start your own berry farm? I never figured that out D:

Dr Dogg

I'm half tempted to get a Razer Sabertoth for the same reason. Though fat chance of that after I RMA'd 3 Death Adders due to their shitty build quality.

Grief.exe

How do you start your own berry farm? I never figured that out D:

Get a shovel and start digging up every berry bush you find.

This world was the first time I really got one going, I built a science machine fast then rushed shovel. Have been collecting bushes everywhere I go.

I've been trying to get it up the last couple worlds but keep dying when I get something going. This is the first time I found out they need to be fertilized since I was gone for 4 days and they looked dead.

I'm half tempted to get a Razer Sabertoth for the same reason. Though fat chance of that after I RMA'd 3 Death Adders due to their shitty build quality.

Razer products are pretty garbage across the board.

The Deathadder is the only mouse I can recomend with a straight face, but even that one is with a massive caveat.

Zia

Does the Fall of the Samurai show up as a separate thing in your Steam library, or do you load it through Shogun 2 if you already have it?

DTKT

Does the Fall of the Samurai show up as a separate thing in your Steam library, or do you load it through Shogun 2 if you already have it?

On my end, it shows up as a DLC. Just confirmed, you select which campaign you want inside the game.

Dr Dogg

Razer products are pretty garbage across the board.

The Deathadder is the only mouse I can recomend with a straight face, but even that one is with a massive caveat.

Well being left handed there's very little in the way of good universal mice around. Had an old InteliMouse 3 that I had been keeping on lifesupport for about 8 year until it started double clicking so had to get a new one. Razer had just released the left handed Death Adder but it had the awful 5600 dpi sensor in it that didn't track for shit on anything, even there own mouse pads. Gave up in the end and got a G9 but that's almost dead now. Tempted to get a SteelSeries Sensei.

So which Painkiller game to get if any? Do they still hold up?

In my eyes only the first is worth it (Painkiller: Black Edition). And no not really but if you're after some retro run and gun madness look no further. As Yahtzee said in his vid "It has a gun that fires Shurikens and Lightning"

In my eyes only the first is worth it (Painkiller: Black Edition). And no not really but if you're after some retro run and gun madness look no further. As Yahtzee said in his vid "It has a gun that fires Shurikens and Lightning"

Ah, cheers. Think I'll pass then.

Grief.exe

Megaton

{
"game": {
"gameName": "ValveTestApp222940",
"gameVersion": "13",
"availableGameStats": {
"stats": [
{
"name": "stat_1",
"defaultvalue": 0,
"displayName": "STAS_1"
},
{
"name": "stat_3",
"displayName": "STAS_3"
},
{
"name": "AverageSpeed",
"displayName": "TIME"
}
]
"achievements": [
{
"name": "NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_2_0",
"displayName": "NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_2_0",
"hidden": 0,
"description": "NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_DESC_2_0",
"icon": "http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/apps/222940/f89ccb7e2810a014e9cb1bbe377eeedf6de913a7.jpg",
"icongray": "http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/apps/222940/d26903a3b969bd2305b68b03108c03dff6d4d4ca.jpg"
},
{
"name": "NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_2_1",
"displayName": "NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_2_1",
"hidden": 0,
"description": "NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_DESC_2_1",
"icon": "http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/apps/222940/",
"icongray": "http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/apps/222940/"
}
]

}
}
}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom