• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Sid Meier's Railroads updated in the steam registry about an hour ago. Think it'll come back to steam? More to the point does anyone know why it was removed in the first place?

Ohhh! I was actually talkinga bout that game in the RCT thread last night! haha.

I'm not sure exactly but I think they removed it because there was some serious stability issues with Win7. The game is a bit simple compared to Railroads Tycoon 2/3 but I still had a ton of fun with it.

xJavonta

Banned
Anyone who thinks Fish is annoying is probably the type of person that holds lifelong grudges against people and wants straight up, sterile formal behavior from anyone selling something

He seems cool. Opens his mouth and voices his opinion regardless of how much it may piss someone off.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Anyone who thinks Fish is annoying is probably the type of person that holds lifelong grudges against people and wants straight up, sterile formal behavior from anyone selling something

Quite a leap in logic you got there. I think you're annoying for making such a post but I won't hold it against you, this time.

People are justified in being annoyed by someone who claims to take great pride in their vision, expresses that it is more important than money while insulting a gaming platform in the process, then turns around and ports it to that very platform "for profit" as he put it himself.

Salsa

New releases:

Cart Life - $3.49 (-30%)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/233390/
header.jpg

guys this game is amazing and you should buy it

that's all

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well without giving too much away the whole
alphabet and numbering systems are hidden in those funny hieroglyphs on all the walls.
At first it looks like a normal texture but later on
you need to have got it worked out to solve certain puzzles and some to get cube pieces.
other than that there are loads of hidden
lore and messages
to work out. As I said though once the penny drops you realise there's quite bit more to this game than meets the eye. Fish maybe be an outspoken, pretentious brat but this game truly had a lot of love put in it.
Yup, that's something I'd never have guessed, I think. Is it worth trying to solve that enigma?

I try to avoid using a gif too frequently, but:

[.gif of pretty redhead]

For real.
Is that Lindsay Lohan before she became a trainwreck? Trust me, if you looked half as good as her in that .gif, I'd totally choose the "fooling-around-in-bed" scenario.

Redheads are my weakness.

ShaneB

Had a hell of time just finding friend activity. Ah well, I'm liking it. Updated my Compact skin, and we're back in business.

xJavonta

Banned
Quite a leap in logic you got there. I think you're annoying for making such a post but I won't hold it against you, this time.

People are justified in being annoyed by someone who claims to take great pride in their vision, expresses that it is more important than money while insulting a gaming platform in the process, then turns around and ports it to that very platform "for profit" as he put it himself.
I like what you did there.

However, shit changes. You probably haven't ever developed a game, so you probably don't know what kind of stress they were under. I haven't done anything that ambitious, so I can't exactly relate.

However, as you can see, things change opinions. They're not concrete, they're fluid, as they should be. Cliff B essentially thought of PCs as time-wasters that aren't meant for gaming, but his opinion on them changed. Hell, I know a lot of people (myself included) that wouldn't have ever thought about making a PC their primary gaming platform in the past but something somewhere along the line changed that. But Phil is a piece of shit now because he notices the potential the PC market can bring him and decides to jump on it. Ok.

Salsa

I honestly just dont take anything Phil Fish says seriously

that's how I deal with that I guess, im indifferent

the japanese games comment was hilarious though, and kinda accurate, if im right about what he was trying to say

Yup, that's something I'd never have guessed, I think. Is it worth trying to solve that enigma?

Is that Lindsay Lohan before she became a trainwreck? Trust me, if you looked half as good as her in that .gif, I'd totally choose the "fooling-around-in-bed" scenario.

Redheads are my weakness.

not sure if serious.
Emma Stone

New to the whole 'TF2 Items from purchasing games' things. How long does it take for items to become sellable/tradable after they are released with a game?

Dr Dogg

There's a few extra bits you wont be able to see or puzzles to solve unless you either work it out or look online to cheat. I opted for the former and brought back memories of when I used to scribble out stuff for games like Metroid and MegaMan so was a hark back to the 8bit days for me. You can easily enjoy and play the game with it all going totally over your head though so don't worry too much about it. More over you could just play through it, takes around 4-6 hours roughly and then go and unearth everything in a new playthrough.

xJavonta

Banned
Is there still no batch select grouping?
This is the primary reason I have so many unfinished games. It takes forever to select each game then put it in the corresponding category that I just end up saying fuck it.

the japanese games comment was hilarious though, and kinda accurate, if im right about what he was trying to say
I thought it was spot on, the way he said it was bound to piss people off though. Words get misinterpreted easily.

Nabs

http://store.steampowered.com/news/10165/

NOTE: if you use McAfee anti-virus products, you may experience an issue where Steam continually tries to download and apply this update. If so, please temporarily disable your virus scanner and restart Steam to complete the update. We are working to find a better solution for this incompatibility in future updates.

Grief.exe

Anyone got any yellow TF2 Items that they don't need?

I'm trying to craft my Scout some more misc items and any would be appreciated.

You can't sell these in the market btw, I wouldn't expect that.

I've already gotten some awesome help from this thread! JaseC, Vargas, and Zerroku are awesome!

Salsa

I thought it was spot on, the way he said it was bound to piss people off though. Words get misinterpreted easily.

I dont think it got exactly misinterpreted because he said things very clearly, I just think (specially after the way he apologized) that what he meant was something a bit different.

Like for example i'd say that japanese game mechanics in some genres are kinda stalled and stuck in the past, wich makes a lot of their modern games suck but ocassionally can still result in good games (Souls series) that kinda thing. I think he later said something more akin to that.

You can't sell these in the market btw, I wouldn't expect that.

not to rain on your parade but I would most definetly expect that. They've already said the plan is to let you sell everything eventually.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/10165/

NOTE: if you use McAfee anti-virus products, you may experience an issue where Steam continually tries to download and apply this update. If so, please temporarily disable your virus scanner and restart Steam to complete the update. We are working to find a better solution for this incompatibility in future updates.

I don't have McAfee, just the windows defender in W8. Seems to have the same issue (even when I disabled it)

Glass Rebel

Oh nice, FEZ is coming to St-

Fez on PC is a lot like you going to a strip club and seeing a girl who was mean to you in high school. Like, you know you shouldn't revel in it and you'll feel bad about it afterward, but damned if you aren't gonna make her dance for you.

dead

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
alright guys, im about to go nuts (by my standards)

asscreed2 $5
asscreed3 $25
cart life $tree fitty
bioshock infinite preorder $70.

pull the trigger on all of it?

asscreed2 $5
asscreed3 $25
cart life $tree fitty

I've been struggling with whether or not to buy AC3. I remember hearing there were issues with the PC version, have they all been patched out?

Grief.exe

not to rain on your parade but I would most definetly expect that. They've already said the plan is to let you sell everything eventually.

True, but how much is Natasha going to be worth? Those items are so common, they might even be lower than crates or Dota 2 invites.

Maximum of 2 cents.

asscreed2 $5
asscreed3 $25
cart life $tree fitty

Wait on Assassin's Creed.

The general consensus is its not that great, even from people who enjoy the series. Plus UPlay.

I've got Infinite pre-ordered, and I have a perfect track record with pre-orders. So that's a good bet.

Wok

No preorder for Fez, which means no TF2 items. Grrr Phil Fish, I don't want to give you my money. But I feel I will anyway. Because of the port to PC.

Grief.exe

No preorder for Fez, which means no TF2 items. Grrr Phil Fish, I don't want to give you my money. But I feel I will anyway. Because of the port to PC.

There already is a Fez in game though

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Fez

but they can use those items to craft hats, wich could prove to be worth more money

Valid argument.

Man does it take an astronomical amount of items though.

2x weapons per scrap metal

3x scrap metal for Reclaimed Metal

3x Reclaimed Metal for Refined Metal

3x Refined Metal for one Random Hat

So that would be 54 weapons total for one random hat, I doubt too many people have that many weapons or the desire to grind them up.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
not sure if serious.
Emma Stone

New to the whole 'TF2 Items from purchasing games' things. How long does it take for items to become sellable/tradable after they are released with a game?
Oh yes, I remember someone mentioned her before, maybe even in this same thread.

I don't know exactly how much, I think the Brütal Legend items were available for sale less than a week after the game released.

There's a few extra bits you wont be able to see or puzzles to solve unless you either work it out or look online to cheat. I opted for the former and brought back memories of when I used to scribble out stuff for games like Metroid and MegaMan so was a hark back to the 8bit days for me. You can easily enjoy and play the game with it all going totally over your head though so don't worry too much about it. More over you could just play through it, takes around 4-6 hours roughly and then go and unearth everything in a new playthrough.
Now that I know about it, I'd like to solve it myself. But I doubt I will, I struggle with the simplest of adventure games (such as TellTale's Sam & Max), so I'll probably give up pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom