• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It kind of bugs me that the Resident Evil 6: All Modes Pack doesn't include the correct App ID for the fourth DLC and is thus not listed on the store page.

It also means that people who buy this pack will have the "Siege Mode" DLC in the game, but the store page won't ever show that you own it nor will it be highlighted in Enhanced Steam.

Copons

I take it you won't be posting a playthrough video? :p

One day, when I'll learn some basic stuff like: ghosts are slow, there's no point in rush-impaling yourself if it's at the other side of the room and you're just below the exit (aka: the death in level 1-1 a couple of minutes ago that made me realize that maybe I should go to sleep now :D )

I want your life.

If you're good at spelunking then it's a deal!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but it is crazy ass Kojima-world, so maybe it would be better if I let it lapse into global war?
Actually I think Platinum changed almost the whole game, so I guess it's not his world anymore. Let's try saving it, don't be a lazy cyborg ninja!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Actually I don't :(

Then that's even worse, especially since the page clearly says "Includes all four game modes for Resident Evil 6". I would contact Steam support.

According to SteamDB, you have this app which is unnamed.

Of course none of which has stopped Valve from highlighting it several times during sales...

This kind of misadventures makes me hope that Steam will always keep some kind of curation, and will never be like the Apple Store or Google Play.

Because the situation here is already bad enough while there was some kind of control, I cannot imagine what this could be if any game could be sold on Steam with no real control from Valve. The store could be full of scams.

The upcoming death of Greenlight worries me about the possibility that the store goes uncurated one day.

How did the Lords of Shadows 2 demo run for you guys? I have a GTX670 and i53570K and with everything set to maximum with a resolution of 1920x1200 I got a constant 60 FPS in gameplay without a single drop but the cutscenes ran about 35-50 FPS :/ Looks gorgeous though.

Tizoc

Anyone played Aveyond yet?
header_292x136.jpg

Would like to hear impressions of it.

How did the Lords of Shadows 2 demo run for you guys? I have a GTX670 and i53570K and with everything set to maximum with a resolution of 1920x1200 I got a constant 60 FPS in gameplay without a single drop but the cutscenes ran about 35-50 FPS :/ Looks gorgeous though.

The cutscenes were the most demanding parts in the demo. Gameplay was super smooth on highest settings with a 660Ti.
Someone suggested in the other thread to set the DoF to medium for the cutscenes to run smoother.

Hinomura

This is me in about a pair of hour :S

Jokes (???) apart I do miss Iga Castlevania and Bio Hazard / Resident Evil "original" formula (before the fourth). Probably if LoS 1/2 were named just "Dracula 1/2" and RE4/5/6 were named something like "Monstapocalypse 1/2/3" I would have been more happy :S

Oh well.. Enjoy this little raffle my dear Gaffers!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-F65B5C28A0D92A51 - Taken by KenOD. 45 entrants total.

t1392170606z1.png

Oh well, this is about a game with a lot of sea and mmmh.. men of the sea and... yep, Sid Meier something...

I also disliked the game taking control away from me just to say GO HERE AND DO THIS! when I just wanted to let Dracula play with his food before feasting on them.

I'm playing the first right now and the time it takes to zoom in on the hints and stuff is stupid long, it's like hey look (8 second pause) right here.

Cmon now game.

Copons

The fuck indeed!

My mind was already full blown when I discovered that you could not only walk over spikes but also RUN!!
I guess all that time spent on Prince of Persia took plenty of tolls on my gaming life. :(

Anyway, today I discovered a super cool techinque to safely kill the shopkeeper, that has granted me a super cool new way of dying!

Turfster

Haven't played the first Lords of Shadow, can I try the demo without ruining the first game?

First game was already ruined by the devs, so I don't see why not.
(The demo seems to be the opening of the game, giving you a good idea of how mindnumbingly shit it is)

Men of the sea is wordplay for Bad Rats on the ancient Sidmeierian language.
What leaves a sinking ship? That's right. Boom. QED.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Capes are anti-spikes? So many deaths I could have avoided...

Haven't played the first Lords of Shadow, can I try the demo without ruining the first game?

If you already know what the big reveal of the first game is, you'll be able to play the demo for 2 just fine. It has no actual story points beyond "you are attacked, retaliate".

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
wait, wait, wait....
what is this shit about capes?

It's true. As long as you are gliding down and don't fall full speed, you can land on spikes from any height with the cape. It's an advantage that the cape has over a jetpack, and is why it's arguably more useful than the jetpack in the final levels. But I have to admit I've never felt so evil as when I just realized I could quite easily give terrible advice to Spelunky newcomers.

Like, for example, did you know that if you stand on a Kali altar and throw something off the wall so it rebounds and hits you, it will count the same as a damsel sacrifice and gives you a free item?

Totally technically true but don't go trying it without thinking this through all the way

mrgone

You're ahead of the game. Usually the progression is:

FUCK SPIKES

I can RUN on SPIKES!?

I can drop down on spikes with the cape?!

I CAN JUST AVOID THE SPIKES!?

ibbbsD7FyasUos.gif

You can also mantle down onto spikes (crawl near a ledge) that are one block below you and jump up onto spikes - as long as you fall less than a single block's height onto spikes you'll survive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom