• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad you didn't ask the other day, I actually just ordered one from Staples that had a secret sale for $30. I have no idea why I didn't post it here.

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Turcotte-Luxura-High-Back-Managers-Chair-Brown/product_934102

s0496123_sc7

Keep your eyes on slickdeals, companies try to clear out stock constantly it would seem.

I wish I had seen this. My chair is about 4 years old and is more or less falling apart.

So I hear Strider's a little easy. Should I play on Normal or Hard?

ij9BxNDNSDVLH.gif

Play everything on Hard.

Deques

The current IndieGala bundle ends in lesser than 16 hours, and there is still one more game to be revealed. And Happy Hour hasn't happened either.

I am worried that HH is not gonna happen :(

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
about $40-60

For that amount, your best bet would be a heavily discounted chair similar to what Grief.exe posted. That amount is really quite low for an office/computer chair outside of the discounts on already inexpensive chairs.

If you're in the US, setting up an alert for office chairs on sites like Slickdeals.com should give you a heads up whenever a good deal comes up.

Deques

deleted

Hey, steam-gaf.
I am very selective to where I buy my steam keys, because I want them cheap, but also want the devs to get the money they deserve - most of the time I buy at amazon or gmg.
A friend now recommended *deleted*, as it seems to be very low priced.. Do you know if that is a legit site? Or is it an illegal key seller like so many other sites?

Deques

Hey, steam-gaf.
I am very selective to where I buy my steam keys, because I want them cheap, but also want the devs to get the money they deserve - most of the time I buy at amazon or gmg.
A friend now recommended g2a, as it seems to be very low priced.. Do you know if that is a legit site? Or is it an illegal key seller like so many other sites?

It's a shady key reseller site, use it at your own risk

Eternia

For that amount, your best bet would be a heavily discounted chair similar to what Grief.exe posted. That amount is really quite low for an office/computer chair outside of the discounts on already inexpensive chairs.

If you're in the US, setting up an alert for office chairs on sites like Slickdeals.com should give you a heads up whenever a good deal comes up.
At that price, you can't go too wrong giving one a try as long as you're not expecting too much from chairs that Staples (or anyone for that matter since $40-60 isn't much at all) has.

I will say that the one I have, the seat has flattened quite a bit and the bonded leather started to either noticeably tear or crack off about 12-18 months in (which of course continued to get worse as it aged).

Caerith

And more Squenix store discounts.

Edit: ... Okay, Squenix, you win, I'll just let people explore your store themselves.
Basically, pretty much everything is pretty heavily discounted on the EU Squenix store at the moment.
I don't know the Quake 2 sign to dollars conversion rate, but Dungeon Siege is usually cheaper on Steam during the sales if you get the bundle (1/2/3+DLC) instead of individually.

Knurek

Also in The Indie Gamer Chick Bundle

And it seems you need to get the key from the client. Couldn't get the key from the browser.

This has been happening with IR keys for quite a while. They do get added to actual IR pages after a few days, but it's just much faster to do so from the client.

Martian

So my laptop was reinstalled, but when I tried to download steam, i coudnt

I tried this webpage: http://media.steampowered.com/client/installer/SteamSetup.exe
But it just gives a bad page error in Firefox and Chrome.

Anyone else with the same problem/ a way to download steam via a different way?

NVM: used ninite.

still pretty weird I cant use steams own site to download the steam client

EDIT 2: Scratch that, the ninite installer didnt work either.

Anyone with a solution?

Arthea

What's going on here? chairs? viruses? oh, and yet another bundle

Weirdly enough, I went to sleep yesterday and only today can see that I won Vessel. Thanks Lain!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Many thanks to the person who I won Guacamelee from the other day, forgot all about it until I noticed the email in my message inbox. Ta very muchly :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
99 Levels to Hell (Desura) -- MB-2D08AB5B7AD740C1 - Taken by KenOD

Activate the game on Desura to retrieve your Steam key.

Arthea

Metro Weekend at gamersgate ~50%
http://www.gamersgate.com/metro

no hot deals, unfortunately

DailyRoyale have Cognition season pass on sale, if you know what I mean.
I can't believe they went this way. If you want to turn off people from episodic games, you do exactly how cognition was handled.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Spare:

Activate the game on Desura to retrieve your Steam key.

Says it's already been sent to incognito_au , which is a name I realise the golden irony of me pointing it out and thus drawing attention to. So no go on that key. Thanks anyroad.

Metro Weekend at gamersgate ~50%
http://www.gamersgate.com/metro

no hot deals, unfortunately

Well that's disappointing. Well, Last Light has to reach 66% off again eventually somewhere, right?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
At that price, you can't go too wrong giving one a try as long as you're not expecting too much from chairs that Staples (or anyone for that matter since $40-60 isn't much at all) has.

I will say that the one I have, the seat has flattened quite a bit and the bonded leather started to either noticeably tear or crack off about 12-18 months in (which of course continued to get worse as it aged).

Yes, this is the only unfortunate issue with inexpensive office chairs. Krappadizzle appears to be experiencing this right now, sadly.

JaseC

Says it's been already sent to incognito_au , which is a name I realise the golden irony of me pointing it out and thus drawing attention to.

D'oh, sorry, I thought I redeemed the Bundle Stars key. I'll PM you in a sec.

Turfster

You are right! I just assumed it had to do with my skin. :D

No, something is horribly wrong with (the routing to) their web server, and it's looked broken as fuck for the last 6 hours. This is another reason why they really should fix their fucking client not to use the website. It looks unprofessional as hell.

JaseC

No, something is horribly wrong with (the routing to) their web server, and it's looked broken as fuck for the last 6 hours. This is another reason why they really should fix their fucking client not to use the website.

Steam's fine at my end.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Tricky situation.

I got this new hard drive, and it became drive E so my external became F. Now, I had used steammover to put 100 games on the external before this, before steam allowed easy creation of new libraries on other drives. So now the routing folders are all referring to things that don't exist, so steam can't find them.

Is there a fast way to fix their association to the external drive? If not, will Steam recognize the games if I move their files (it would take a while but I can do it as I sleep) to the steam library I started on the new hard drive? There isn't enough room on drive C to move them all into where the routing folders are.

Edit: I tried uninstalling Sniper 2 to get rid of the routing folder, then moved the game folder on the external to the library folder on the new hard drive, then told steam to install sniper 2 to the new library where it was sitting. The installation popup said it was discovering already-existing game files and the download screen said it was validating, then it looked like it was downloading the whole game again, but after 400MB (the special edition update I got) it said it was complete. Maybe this will work...but it's sooo sloowwwww...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom