• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

They're using a translation layer. Which they could be using here too, as I don't see any mentions of native support, unless Android uses a different type of OGL which requires that, not familiar with it.

Source running on ARM is bigger news imo. Definitely closer to Valve mobile now.

I got that information from the tweet I initially saw and assumed it was in the article.

We are going to have to do some double checking here

ZRFUmYj.png

Noogy

So, Shadow Warrior is badass. Having been enjoying it thoroughly, it also started my craving for these sort of modern "old school" FPS games. Any recommendations?

I already have Hard Reset, Rise of the Triad, and the majority of the Painkiller Series.

I'm just trying to find something else to play because every time I get this craving, I end up beating Doom and Quake for the thousandth time.

Serious Sam sort of scratches that itch, although it's more about hordes of enemies and less about level design.

Aerocrane

So, Shadow Warrior is badass. Having been enjoying it thoroughly, it also started my craving for these sort of modern "old school" FPS games. Any recommendations?

I already have Hard Reset, Rise of the Triad, and the majority of the Painkiller Series.

I'm just trying to find something else to play because every time I get this craving, I end up beating Doom and Quake for the thousandth time.

The Serious Sam Series? In my opinion the 2nd game is still great (haven't tried the HD versions though) and Serious Sam 3: BFE was lots of fun in co-op.

I got that information from the tweet I initially saw and assumed it was in the article.

We are going to have to do some double checking here

ZRFUmYj.png

Ah, I think he just wanted to say "the first to run on Android" and used "natively" to emphasize it. Because Valve on Android certainly has big implications.

Once more info comes out we'll probably know more.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
steaaaaam, why are you down :(

I ended up fixing my Swapper problem by the way! I just had to run it under XP compatibility, not Vista. Oh, and disable the Steam overlay.

Kaleinc

Banned

Bulletstorm, Serious Sam, FEAR 2 come to mind.

Fuck this is annoying. I can't play the PS4 game I want because it's network is down (EA Sports, big surprise) so turn on Steam and can't run a single game because it tells me the .exe is missing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ah, I think he just wanted to say "the first to run on Android" and used "natively" to emphasize it. Because Valve on Android certainly has big implications.

Once more info comes out we'll probably know more.

Strange that we would have news of Valve working on a game running natively on Android, considering the Steam application for Android hasn't been touched in years. You would think that if Valve had staff that knew how to make things for Android, they would have started with their own app.

I had a similar experience trying to use the 3DS eShop yesterday and it was down. Then I got on Steam this morning and the store was broken.

VIDEO GAMES.

I remember the days when playing video games you only had to worry about the connection between your game console and the TV.

MRORANGE

Strange that we would have news of Valve working on a game running natively on Android, considering the Steam application for Android hasn't been touched in years. You would think that if Valve had staff that knew how to make things for Android, they would have started with their own app.

Something Valve-Time, something priorities, something HL3.

Chronoja

If you want an oddball suggestion try "Dreamkiller". It has a 47 on metacritic if that means anything to you but I consider that a severe undervalue on the game. It has its problems, a bit boring at times and maybe a lack of weapons but its like Painkiller meets Psychonauts which (imo) works pretty well. If it ever shows up on sale I'd recommend it if you're looking for a game similar to Painkiller.

Nzyme32

I'd hope that's indicative of an incoming android app update with android games support, something that will probably never happen on iOS because reasons

def sim

natertots

For those that have played Crusader Kings II, how difficult is it to get into? I like strategy games a lot but I have gotten the impression that this game is rather difficult to get into? Any information or impressions would be appreciate.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'd hope that's indicative of an incoming android app update with android games support, something that will probably never happen on iOS because reasons

Steam is poised in an incredible position of power to make this a reality. The only road block is getting the developers on board with providing Android versions of the games already available on Steam.

Making their own app store is nice and all, but making their own app store where I already own 50 or so games would be a tempting enough proposition to get me to use it over both Google or Amazon.

Anteater

Just finished the lost and damned, enjoyed it better than the main game, and being in a biker gang is more interesting than bowling with cousin.

Time for Gay Tony, heard good things about it!

HoosTrax

I'm still wondering why we don't have little cartoon people avatars on Steam, like the Mii people and the XBOX equivalent that you can dress up. Seems like an ripe opportunity for more community-made cosmetic items.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
God damnit, I bought that GetGamesGo bundle that had Explodemon in it like 2 years ago, but it was such a poorly run bundle that I used a fake email address so I presumably won't be able to get an Explodemon key.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just finished the lost and damned, enjoyed it better than the main game, and being in a biker gang is more interesting than bowling with cousin.

Time for Gay Tony, heard good things about it!

I got around halfway through Gay Tony on the X360 before I put it down for some reason. I'd like to play through GTA4 and the episodes on the PC but the woefully inconsistent performance is annoying to no end. Maybe I'll revisit the games again when I move on from my 2600K.

Serious Sam sort of scratches that itch, although it's more about hordes of enemies and less about level design.

The Serious Sam Series? In my opinion the 2nd game is still great (haven't tried the HD versions though) and Serious Sam 3: BFE was lots of fun in co-op.

Bulletstorm, Serious Sam, FEAR 2 come to mind.

I've played through 1st & 2nd Encounter HD, but forgot I had started Serious Sam 3 and never finished it. Thanks for the suggestions!

If you want an oddball suggestion try "Dreamkiller". It has a 47 on metacritic if that means anything to you but I consider that a severe undervalue on the game. It has its problems, a bit boring at times and maybe a lack of weapons but its like Painkiller meets Psychonauts which (imo) works pretty well. If it ever shows up on sale I'd recommend it if you're looking for a game similar to Painkiller.

I remember seeing that game when it released, but the metacritic scared me away. I agree it couldn't be too bad at the right price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, you're right. I finally got a drop. It's just taking longer than usual for some reason, probably because I'm idling two games.

Yeah, drop times increase exponentially when you idle in more than one game at time -- the days of being able to smash out multiple games at once are long gone. For best results you should idle in just the one and restart the game whenever you earn a card.

def sim

If Nintendo ever did venture into online PC gaming we would need 3 different friend codes just to play against Linux and Mac users.

Their thing now is a lack of unified account so every license is tied to hardware, no? Imagine a PC where we couldn't upgrade and keep our library without filing a police report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom