• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

I want to go though SIlent Hill: Homecoming, but it's such a pice of shit. The game is boring, bugs, story is crap, the mouse/keyboard control system is shit, the game won't support my DS4 which every single game I have tried have supported, enemies are shit hard and everysthing is so bad.

Thank god I only payed 4.99€ for it. I would smh if I payed more.

Ban Puncher

It's my birthday, so I'm gonna be lazy and play Steam games today!

ovrwx.gif

I want to go though SIlent Hill: Homecoming, but it's such a pice of shit. The game is boring, bugs, story is crap, the mouse/keyboard control system is shit, the game won't support my DS4 which every single game I have tried have supported, enemies are shit hard and everysthing is so bad.

Thank god I only payed 4.99€ for it. I would smh if I payed more.
What I wouldn't do to get the older Silent Hill's on Steam :/

Nabs

Blocks That Matter just went Linux. I know it was in the Vox bundle, but I could see Tetro + Blocks hitting Humble.

I'm still leaning towards Super Splatters as an extra.

The-Bean

Well, today I got a little surprise my good people!

And here they are, all on Steam:

Good times. :)

Be sure to grab the community patch when/if you play Gothic 3. Unplayable without it. Even with it you'll have to put up with stuttering and other nonsense, it's a shame all the issues were never fixed as it's actually a pretty good game.

Volcynika

Thanks for the well wishes. I know the reviews haven't been hot, but I've been looking forward to the new Castlevania game, so waiting for that to unlock at noon. And I could buy games too, as I am depositing my federal tax refund when the bank is open. Who knows! :eek:

The_Monk

Be sure to grab the community patch when/if you play Gothic 3. Unplayable without it. Even with it you'll have to put up with stuttering and other nonsense, it's a shame all the issues were never fixed as it's actually a pretty good game.

Thank you for the link. Saved it for later!

Bgamer edition? :)
They all activate on steam? I already have them on steam, but I'd like to have the physical release as well.

Yes. A family member dropped by with this and when I tried they did activate to my big surprise. :)

The_Monk

NIce, I usually don't like those magazine editions, but I might open an exception for this one.

I can see why and the older editions were even worst because they also included demos and the brand logo on the cover (something that, can be replaced with a new print so it can look better on the shelf). Are they a deal-breaker for you or you can manage and find a prettier solution?

I can see why and the older editions were even worst because they also included demos and the brand logo on the cover (something that, can be replaced with a new print so it can look better on the shelf). Are they a deal-breaker for you or you can manage and find a prettier solution?
Yeah, I don't like to have that magazine logo on the cover. I see that the retail of Gothic Universe is cheap on amazon, I might grab that one instead.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So there's a distinct possibility that South Park is censored worldwide: Ubi has confirmed that the game will be censored in all of Europe -- UK included -- and not just Germany and Austria. This is where it gets interesting as DE, AT, RU and CIS-Land aside Europe shares the ROW sub with America, so it'd be possible for Ubi to censor it without also affecting American users. Basically, there's currently a big question mark over whether or not the game will be uncensored anywhere and Ubi US needs to weigh in to set the record straight.

Lunaniem

So there's a distinct possibility that South Park is censored worldwide: Ubi has confirmed that the game will be censored in all of Europe -- UK included -- and not just Germany and Austria. This is where it gets interesting as DE, AT, RU and CIS-Land aside Europe shares the ROW sub with America, so it'd be possible for Ubi to censor it without also affecting American users. Basically, there's currently a big question mark over whether or not the game will be uncensored anywhere and Ubi US needs to weigh in to set the record straight.

They could release a region locked free DLC that replaces the censored content.

Copons

Apparently they're talking about console versions, tho.

Deques

What madness is this? So the only way to get an uncensored version is from uplay?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The Silent Hill talk comes at the right moment as I just beat Silent Hill 4: The Room yesterday, meaning I've know finished every main Silent Hill game all the way through.

They really should come to Steam. Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4 already had PC ports, Silent Hill Downpour is Unreal Engine 3 so it wouldn't be part to port at all, and Climax Studios (makers of Shattered Memories and Origins) have PC porting experience and in fact just PC ported one of their games to Steam literally yesterday.

Ironically the game that would be hardest to port is already on Steam, Homecoming (but the port is bad).

JaseC

They could release a region locked free DLC that replaces the censored content.

By "it" I was referring to the sub, not the game itself. DLC would still mean that US users are initially getting a censored game.

Apparently they're talking about console versions, tho.

That could've been a mistake; VG247's update just says:

UPDATE: our local Ubisoft rep has been in touch to say that the censorship is purely a marketing decision and that the scenes are also censored in the UK.

What madness is this? So the only way to get an uncensored version is from uplay?

Uplay versus Steam doesn't factor into the situation.

Freezard

The Silent Hill talk comes at the right moment as I just beat Silent Hill 4: The Room yesterday, meaning I've know finished every main Silent Hill game all the way through.

They really should come to Steam. Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4 already had PC ports, Silent Hill Downpour is Unreal Engine 3 so it wouldn't be part to port at all, and Climax Studios (makers of Shattered Memories and Origins) have PC porting experience and in fact just PC ported one of their games to Steam literally yesterday.

Ironically the game that would be hardest to port is already on Steam, Homecoming (but the port is bad).

Would love to see the SH games on Steam. I've only played 4/Homecoming/Downpour and tried out the SH2/3 HD games but I'd rather play them on PC. Which I already can, of course, but you know... Steam.

Lunaniem

By "it" I was referring to the sub, not the game itself. DLC would still mean that US users are initially getting a censored game.

That could've been a mistake; VG247's update just says:

At least their is a chance the game won't be censored at all on PC, minus Germany + Australia.

I imagine Matt & Trey won't be happy if their game is censored worldwide.

JaseC

At least their is a chance the game won't be censored at all on PC, minus Germany + Australia.

I imagine Matt & Trey won't be happy if their game is censored worldwide.

Sure, it could go either way. I never presented censorship of the PC version as anything more than a possibility. Ubi would do well to set the record straight ASAP.

Nabs

Any word on the bonus Guacamelee content hitting PC? I just beat Guacamelee again (thanks Dupy!), and I could definitely use more.

Jawmuncher

So laying down with this laptop on my thighs and playing with a controller is the only comfortable setup I have found out here. Works for Emulation since i have my controller, and VNs/RTS since I can basically just use the mouse. But still haven't figured something out about everything else mainly FPS.

So I'm about 6 hours into Asscreed 3 and im not really seeing the terrible parts yet? It's a little glitchy and I don't know if I'll like connor like I liked his dad but the game at its least seems competently made. I just meet Achilles and he seems decent enough. I can see how some people would be annoyed that the first few hours of the game are relatively slow paced but I really enjoyed that they took their time with it. It's refreshingly different and not something I would expect from a blockbuster AAA game of this scope.

Couple of questions: did they get rid of chaining kills? I kinda liked that in AssCreedRev since the battles just get in the way of the game anyhow. I can't seem to pull it off yet in AC3, though. And can anyone give me a rough estimate as to how long it is? I'm probably going to forgo any side stuff with the exception of any of those climbing-view-sync-points thingies that I find in my path.

oi. Sounds messy. Not that I'm very surprised...given the shows subject matter in general haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom