• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Know what's worse?
I leveled up quite a bit without even caring about the max friends increase.

I did it for increased card drop rate. Sold some, bought some. Didn't spend much money on it.

Edit: Thanks ChimpanzeeThat for Time Gentlemen Please

Double edit: I'm lvl 14 now but with like 9 badges ready to craft, which would bring me to 20. Is it worth it to do it now or wait for some new gimmicky sale card to come out before doing it?

Scipius

I don't want to level up any more but I just saw the Level 1 Badge from Shogun 2 and I MUST have that one even if I don't have the game. But I'm trying to focusing on getting some savings for the next big sale!

Would make a good avatar as well:
2033f41b0efcf5189fe7772fb5fb09e757f11b64.png

okayfrog

Banned
I need to set aside a weekend where I just grind for cards and badges. I want to as I enjoy creating badges and the like, but I never get around to doing it.

Question: In order to receive booster packs, do I need to log into Steam every once in a while, or can I stay logged in and be fine? I keep my computer on with Steam up all week long.

def sim

Still waiting on that damn Dark Souls 2 PC release date. Last week they said "very soon". Hurry up Bamco.

I'm going to be super bummed if it misses March. I decided I should wait for the PC version instead of buying it on two platforms like a crazy person. :/

Turfster

I did it for increased card drop rate. Sold some, bought some. Didn't spend much money on it.

Edit: Thanks ChimpanzeeThat for Time Gentlemen Please

Double edit: I'm lvl 14 now but with like 9 badges ready to craft, which would bring me to 20. Is it worth it to do it now or wait for some new gimmicky sale card to come out before doing it?
Oh, I didn't spend any 'real' money on it, but yeah, I spent quite a lot of time on it.
The difference isn't really worth it for booster packs, tho.

The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot enters open beta today so its going from Early Access to the Free to Play section. Did anyone buy into the closed beta/early access?

I'm interested in trying it. Seems like its half hack & slash and half dungeon keeper. Hopefully the paid stuff isn't shoved in your face

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot enters open beta today so its going from Early Access to the Free to Play section. Did anyone buy into the closed beta/early access?

I'm interested in trying it. Seems like its half hack & slash and half dungeon keeper. Hopefully the paid stuff isn't shoved in your face

Sweet, I'll be able to sell my three Founder's Pack spares for a profit soon enough.

Edit: From the South Park censorship thread:
I think I just 'forced' an answer from Ubisoft:

g0mlQAN.jpg

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/438360936559411200

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Since I got this in both the Green Light Bundle and Groupees, enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Major Mayhem -- MB-18EB9EA666B0340D - Taken by Saty. 16 entrants total.

t1393350962z1.png

Arthea

Added Cladun X2 to my wishlist, I totally had forgotten its existence, that's what a game gets for not going on sale ever.

Added all new people I was able.

Turfster

Gamefly 2K Games sale with a free copy of Spec Ops for every game you buy.
Extra coupons: (UK)FEB20OFF
  • Borderlands 75% off
  • Borderlands 2 75% off
  • Duke Nukem Forever 75% off
  • Xcom Enemy Unknown 75% off
  • Xcom Enemy Within 50% off
  • Mafia II 75% off
  • NBA 2K14 50% off
  • Bioshock 2 75% off
  • Bioshock Infinite 66% off
  • Darkness II 75% off
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V 75% off
  • Sid Meier's Ace Patrol 66% off
  • Sid Meier's Ace Patrol : Pacific 66% off
  • Sid Meier's Pirates 75% off
  • The Bureau Declassified 75% off

I just got the Commandos collection from a Ukrainian for 4 dota2 rares. A mere pittance, especially since they were random ingame drops and not particularly good ones to boot..

Thank you based hat economy!

To think there was a time years back when I first got into the half-hero pool dota2 beta that i thought the idea of hats was stupid, especially for dota.

Oh how wrong was I.

Now my brother and I have like $800 worth of cool dota stuff just from playing a game we would have played anyway, not to mention all the games we got from trading dota2 crap, and we haven't even spent a cent.

killatopak

Gamefly 2K Games sale with a free copy of Spec Ops for every game you buy.
Extra coupons: (UK)FEB20OFF
  • Borderlands 75% off
  • Borderlands 2 75% off
  • Duke Nukem Forever 75% off
  • Xcom Enemy Unknown 75% off
  • Xcom Enemy Within 50% off
  • Mafia II 75% off
  • NBA 2K14 50% off
  • Bioshock 2 75% off
  • Bioshock Infinite 66% off
  • Darkness II 75% off
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V 75% off
  • Sid Meier's Ace Patrol 66% off
  • Sid Meier's Ace Patrol : Pacific 66% off
  • Sid Meier's Pirates 75% off
  • The Bureau Declassified 75% off

Access forbidden?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
RPG Maker with Workshop support now. Very nice.

I just got the Commandos collection from a Ukrainian for 4 dota2 rares. A mere pittance, especially since they were random ingame drops and not particularly good ones to boot..

Thank you based hat economy!

To think there was a time years back when I first got into the half-hero pool dota2 beta that i thought the idea of hats was stupid, especially for dota.

Oh how wrong was I.

Now my brother and I have like $800 worth of cool dota stuff just from playing a game we would have played anyway, not to mention all the games we got from trading dota2 crap, and we haven't even spent a cent.

what is this, now?

What are the best sites to look for game trades? I only know of SteamTrades, but I want to look at any other site to get better deals.

I might give State of Decay a go. Anyone know if it supports kb/m well?

It does support KB/M well. I used the default keyboard layout and had no problems.

Deadbeat

Banned
It doesnt say it needs uplay. Does it need uplay?

edit: nvm I saw it in the corner.
3rd-party DRM: Uplay
I usually scroll to the bottom for uplay because older games would say it there. Now its to the side. Damn them tricky buggers moving it about.

I have to say that State of Decay is fantastic, but it gets really annoying when you lose a character. It's like Fire Emblem where I try to play through it without losing a single person and I give it up easily once I do lose someone.

TF2 Outpost is the other popular one.

Thanks.

JaseC

Are those the best sites to reach a rare / removed game collecting crowd?

Yeah, if you're after something in particular chances are one of the sites will have it. I'll be keeping a close eye on them myself over the next couple of weeks to see if anybody else tries to flog off Epic Loot packs, so I can get an idea of how much people are willing to pay for a game that's still technically on Steam but no longer adds to one's game count. I didn't actually buy three spares per se; they came with the High Roller's Pack (3x Founder's Pack gifts), which I would've bought regardless since I'm a sucker for DDEs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any keys added for all these new games? the keys added site is usually outdated, especially compared to this thread lol

JaseC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom