• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
PC Gamers Assemble!

newsteam-assemble-gif.gif

Signed / Upvoted. I don't have experience with these particular games, and that's precisely why I'd like to see them come to the PC.

zkylon

zkylewd
I figured fun-loving Sersh would counteract my recent grumpiness.
as a fellow forever grumpy being with a strong appreciation of the crazyface, luv it

got streaming beta too

so can my brother play dark souls from my pc while I play something else?

probably not

well I still have xenosaga

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
r/gaming a hive for the lowest common denominator

Wyv2dP5.png

It's not just reddit, the thread here about third parties porting to PC had some of the most hilariously ignorant statements I've ever seen. PC gamers are all pirates who wait until the game is on sale for so little that they are LITERALLY STEALING FOOD FROM DEVELOPERS.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but, uh:

about an hour ago Added store name – Might & Magic X - Legacy Digital Deluxe Edition
2 days ago Removed Might & Magic VI from the package

Rayman 2: Part Deux. Sorry, folks, but I did warn you, more than once!

Edit:
as a fellow forever grumpy being with a strong appreciation of the crazyface, luv it

got streaming beta too

so can my brother play dark souls from my pc while I play something else?

probably not

well I still have xenosaga

The most important part is that I can finish Black Flag at a ridiculous hour in the morning while using my laptop in nothing but my boxer shorts! Previously this was nothing but a dream -- a fer-fetched fantasy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Glad I listened!

tumblr_lorhnqhCN11r0ojhto1_400.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
are you planning on playing the whole trilogy?
yup, I'm going through a couple ps2 games every year, going through my list.

last year was persona 3 + nocturne + drakengard + the front mission series. pretty fruitful year

I'd love to do the xenosaga series + persona 4 this year since I want to get around finally playing baldur's gate

Deadbeat

Banned
It's not just reddit, the thread here about third parties porting to PC had some of the most hilariously ignorant statements I've ever seen. PC gamers are all pirates who wait until the game is on sale for so little that they are LITERALLY STEALING FOOD FROM DEVELOPERS.
I didnt even go into the thread, but I knew it would be full of stupid. Its why I dont read Nintendo threads on this forum anymore.

didamangi

Can't understand why Ubisoft doesn't release Rayman 2 on steam like a normal publisher would since they already have it in there. It's like they hate money.

Hasney

Congrats! It's actually pretty sweet. I advise ethernet all the way.

Thanks, it really is great! I'm going to go ethernet, but I'm getting better results for most over wireless. I think it's because my TV is 720p so I'm using less bandwidth than you fancy 1080p owners that way.

Honestly, this is such a big deal for me. Since I moved, I do most of my gaming on the sofa and I've been missing my PC games... Now I don't have to.

Grief.exe

I'd kill for Bayonetta and Valkyria Chronicles to hit Steam. Vanquish would be super nice too, but I do have it on PS3

I now have VC and Vanquish on PS3. The Bayo PS3 port is horrible and I think that one is actually the most likely to show up on PC.

I actually think VC would be far and away the most successful if released though.

Tellaerin

Thought this was a fun one.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Paranautical Activity -- MB-13894F832DC32673 - Taken by vermadas. 20 entrants total.

t1390507373z1.png

Speaking of ports there is a lot of activity on Halo registry. And i believe next month is when they take the servers down for Halo 2. Maybe an announcement next month.

Tellaerin

The most important part is that I can finish Black Flag at a ridiculous hour in the morning while using my laptop in nothing but my boxer shorts! Previously this was nothing but a dream -- a fer-fetched fantasy.

Now I'm imagining Saoirse wearing a pair of men's boxers, playing games on a laptop in the wee hours. >.>

Backlogger

Some extras:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Binding of Isaac and Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-AEE93DF737BE5DDE - Taken by Reg. 1 entrants total.
Two Brothers -- MB-30D6E71995870C3F - Taken by Shalashaska. 4 entrants total.

t1390507597z1.png

JaseC

Glad I listened!

tumblr_lorhnqhCN11r0ojhto1_400.gif

saoirse-ronan-hi5-o.gif

I just realized Homefront was taken off Steam... It's available at other sites but I was curious to see if anyone knew why? Amazon is out of stock too.

Distribution rights transferred from THQ to Crytek and the latter has apparently been taking Steam distribution tips from Disney Interactive.

Now I'm imagining Saoirse wearing a pair of men's boxers, playing games on a laptop in the wee hours. >.>

That's the dream. ;)

I now have VC and Vanquish on PS3. The Bayo PS3 port is horrible and I think that one is actually the most likely to show up on PC.

I actually think VC would be far and away the most successful if released though.

I don't know about that, at least not from my perspective. I probably wouldn't buy VC unless it was dirt cheap in a sale, but I would buy Bayonetta and Vanquish day one full price without a second thought. I'd also considering picking up VF5 during a sale and never playing it... :lol

Side note: Of the two versions, Bayonetta on 360 is the more playable of the two, but they both have horrible problems with slowdown and tearing. PS3 version is serviceable enough that I got the platinum in it, but by the time I was playing on infinite climax for the final trophies, the subpar framerate really started to become a problem. So much so that I sold it when I was finished because I knew I didn't want to go back after noticing the issue on the higher difficulties.

Tecl0n

yup, I'm going through a couple ps2 games every year, going through my list.

last year was persona 3 + nocturne + drakengard + the front mission series. pretty fruitful year

I'd love to do the xenosaga series + persona 4 this year since I want to get around finally playing baldur's gate

Your heart is pure. I hope you played Xenogears.

jshackles

I just realized Homefront was taken off Steam... It's available at other sites but I was curious to see if anyone knew why? Amazon is out of stock too.

I have an extra (retail) copy that has a Steam-redeemable key I would be willing to part with.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I don't know about that, at least not from my perspective. I probably wouldn't buy VC unless it was dirt cheap in a sale, but I would buy Bayonetta and Vanquish day one full price without a second thought. I'd also considering picking up VF5 during a sale and never playing it... :lol

Side note: Of the two versions, Bayonetta on 360 is the more playable of the two, but they both have horrible problems with slowdown and tearing. PS3 version is serviceable enough that I got the platinum in it, but by the time I was playing on infinite climax for the final trophies, the subpar framerate really started to become a problem. So much so that I sold it when I was finished because I knew I didn't want to go back after noticing the issue on the higher difficulties.

I'd buy Valkyria Chronicles(Vanquish, too) in a heartbeat if it was released on Steam, but I also do think it could do very well on Steam. Turn based strategy with a weird anime setting, it's like somebody went back in time from 2014 to develop this game specifically for PC gaming tastes right now.

Colin.

XCOM: The Bureau has been reduced slightly on Amazon, due to the current Steam sale. I just hope they add more stuff that I don't have, still have 4 promo credits to use. This is what happens when you buy too much.

Grief.exe

That is because those games align with your specific tastes more, but on a whole, turn-based strategy RPGs are significantly more popular than character action or TPS games on Steam.

I would personally buy Vanquish, Bayo, and VC day one as they all align with my personal tastes.

didamangi

Perhaps three years from now Ubi will have a change of heart. :p

Yup, just like Anno 1404. Probably will release Rayman Classics Trilogy or something on steam.
With uplay -_-

Oh well, I could always look at my GOG grid view and not play those games.

zkylon

zkylewd
Your heart is pure. I hope you played Xenogears.

yup, it's one of most loved. I don't have a single favorite jrpg but persona 3 (last year I beat it for the second time, it's fantastic), valkyrie profile 1, xenogears, suikoden 2, nier, parasite eve 1, ff7 (I know it's not too cool to love ff7 but imo is fantastic), front mission 1&4 and megaten nocturne would all be strong choices.

I'd say dark souls too but I feel like dark souls isn't really a jrpg (this is debatable but in my head jrpgs just have a lot of cutscenes lol). dark souls is like a beautiful thing of its own

you gotta switch to naked gaming brah

it's the ultimate fantasy

I have and love Dredmore, but I'm pretty tempted by the Humble Bundle Weekly. It's just too bad I can't use my card money from steam to buy it.

Grief.exe

This is pretty good, the petition posts I made on Reddit are all actually doing very well.

Claiming the 2nd spot in top posts on r/Steam and r/PcGaming
5th on r/pcmasterrace
21st on r/gaming

I'm surprised we even made the front page on r/gaming, generally console warriors will vote anything PC-related and not an imgur link down.

r/Steam

r/PCGaming

r/pcmasterrace

r/Gaming

JaseC

I mentioned this the other day, but in the interest of igniting imaginations, it bears repeating: those 100 back-to-back apps (and their 300 subs) that popped up in the registry back in early December were apparently not the result of Valve reserving 100 spots for that month's batch of games. I submit 3089, Captain Morgane and Continue as evidence, which were greenlit that month but have the app ids of 263360, 264320 and 263340 respectively. It's also worth mentioning that this month's Greenlight batch was just 50 games, not 100, so it also apparently wasn't Valve setting aside registry real estate for the near future.

It's probably Rocksmith DLC. :p

JaseC, don't ever change that avatar

Absolutely my favorite one so far.

I love you, too. <3

garath

I got into the streaming beta as well. I'll give it a shot at some point. I can let my gaming machine do the work while I play in another room on the laptop. Yay. Limited use for me but will try it for the novelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom