• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Is GFWL still online? I remember they were gonna shut it down, but then they never did?
I'm kind of wanting to buy The Club again, especially if I can get some xbox achievements.

I don't think so. I've recently played the original Bulletstorm and I had to download a patch to get rid of GfWL. Wasn't able to start the game without it.

Battlechili

Banned
I played Lost Planet 2 using GFWL late last year; its been a while, but presumably its still functional. At least, as functional as GFWL can be.

Grief.exe

Is GFWL still online? I remember they were gonna shut it down, but then they never did?
I'm kind of wanting to buy The Club again, especially if I can get some xbox achievements.

I thought they shut down the client itself a couple years ago, so you couldn't download the games from Microsoft directly.

If you can get a game running it should still work.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The backbone of Game for Windows Live and the servers it operates on are still online and functional, it's just a matter of whether or not the game and it's publisher still allow access on their end. This will go on for as long as Windows 10 supports it and Xbox Live system has some of the same connections built into it.

The client, store system, payment processing, and updating software have all been shut down however.

Parsnip

Curiously, Halo Wars has been in the steamdb for just a little over a year, with somewhat frequent updates to it since October 2016.

I have to imagine that we probably wouldn't be seeing this release at all if the Winstore and UWP initiative had been more successful.
That they were working on the Steam version as a backup, and would have canceled it in a heartbeat and no one would have known, had the Winstore been setting the world on fire.

Playing Bayonetta at 4k and a steady 60 fps is so nice after only playing the ps3 and wii u versions. I don't know how I used to deal with bad ps3 ports lol.

Also great how the loading screen where you could practice moves is useless now because it loads in under a second.

Playing Bayonetta at 4k and a steady 60 fps is so nice after only playing the ps3 and wii u versions. I don't know how I used to deal with bad ps3 ports lol.

It's very bizarre that AMD FX owners are getting crap framerates though. Or maybe another case of AMD being AMD CPUs again...

Who wants to hook me up with the missing cards for the badge? I have the following:

Cereza
Fortiduo
Grace and Glory
Jeanne
Rodin

fallout

It bothers me HW:DE doesn't support cross-play with the Windows Store version. That version already has almost nobody online, so if the Steam version does get a few players I'd have to double dip on the same platform within a few months (granted the ultimate edition it came with wasn't too expensive) to play it online again.
Honestly, that probably would have been more work than all the work it took just bringing it to Steam in the first place. If they were nice, they'd give you a Steam key.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Honestly, that probably would have been more work than all the work it took just bringing it to Steam in the first place. If they were nice, they'd give you a Steam key.

I'm a little surprised it doesn't have Uplayesque Xbox App integration. I still expect to see that at some point, minus cross-buy -- that'll surely remain a WinStore perk.

Tellaerin

Haven't checked recently, but it was still up as of early December, when I played through Tron: Evolution and Bulletstorm again.

Teggy

I sort of wish I hadn't brought over my badge points into Trails SC. It's kind of weird the intro mobs having so much XP. Not going to start over, though.

How exactly do you get new clothing options or skins in Killing Floor 2? Only through microtransactions?
You can get a single drop per 24 hours at the end of a match (regardless of if you win or lose). You get a lot of cases, but skins/items are given as well. Usually bandanas or some battle-scarred woodland skin, otherwise it's microtransactions or the Steam marketplace.

Feels like a kick in the teeth that they actually tune the PS4 version to get better drops because of the lack of a community marketplace.

You can get a single drop per 24 hours at the end of a match (regardless of if you win or lose). You get a lot of cases, but skins/items are given as well. Usually bandanas or some battle-scarred woodland skin, otherwise it's microtransactions or the Steam marketplace.

Feels like a kick in the teeth that they actually tune the PS4 version to get better drops because of the lack of a community marketplace.

Sounds like more support valve and starbreeze ever did for their console ports lmao

Aaron D.

I've looked at the store page like 20 times and never been quite about to figure out if it is serious, a joke, or both, and either actually good, good but bad, actually bad, or so bad it's good.

Oh, it's no joke game. It's 100% authentic.

It's Amateur Hour every step of the way, but crafted nonetheless with buckets of TLC.

This is what happens when someone has a steadfast vision coupled with a unflappable self-confidence regardless of their talent level. I guess it's like they say, "Confidence is an alluring cologne."

Candice is raw folk-art firing on all cylinders. The game has genuine heart.

It's not for everyone, but man is it a hidden gem.

If you're starting Darkest Dungeon for the first time should you play the revised and shortened mode or the standard difficulty? Or should I wait for the expansion?

kagamin

I much prefer turn based to action combat if I'm speaking honestly, they're plenty prevalent in the current market, just not as heavily advertised I think.

Amzin

All this talk of Cosmic Star Heroine, I really want to play it but in middle of Bayo and Stellaris: Utopia and approximately 5 other games on my "play soon" list and moving soon :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't watch this anime but it's on my feed

C9qZBp6UAAA-dWL.jpg
C9qOGFFVoAAVZvN.jpg

C9qP8LaUQAA3Zzo.jpg
C9qUX8UVwAA4LeM.jpg

also who the hell wears a shirt like this

C9qQS4TUwAE3gvm.jpg

Pixieking

Banned
Just put the wraps on Candice DeBébé's Incredibly Trick Lifestyle.

Took about 10 hours total.

This $4.99 train-wreck is 100% landing in my 2017 GOTY list.

Simply incredible.

Man alive... Looking at the majority of the Steam reviews makes me despair. No, just because something is a laugh for a few minutes, does not mean you should give it a Thumbs Up. No, you're not being unique when you say "GOTY!!!!". No, you're not funny, otherwise I would mark your review as Funny... And I haven't, I've marked it as Not Helpful, because saying "Best F***ing Game" isn't funny.

Blu(e)

Kono Suba? I watched the first ep. but wasn't impressed.
The fact that the main girl walks around without pants or undergarments of any kind is dumb.

That's definitely not KonoSuba. The show gets better when you get the whole cast gets introduced (which only takes three episodes). If it doesn't do anything for you after that you can just drop it.

I have no idea what show he just posted.

Parsnip

Someone in the anime thread would probably know.
Oh wait, this is the anime thread, isn't it.

I've been playing a bunch of Steamworld Dig. It's fun.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rescue: Everyday Heroes -- MB-F79E69D0D16BD14E - Taken by NingenJanai. 7 entrants total.
This game was removed from Steam a few days ago. I bought a copy off a shady key reseller only to realize I already owned the game. Whoops. I paid $5 so if you claim this please pay it forward by giving away at least $5 worth of stuff in the future.

t1492502933z1.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
wasn't there a steam game filled with bara characters

Kono Suba? I watched the first ep. but wasn't impressed.
The fact that the main girl walks around without pants or undergarments of any kind is dumb.

Grimoire of Zero

Dev said they are still working on getting the pc version polished i think
That or they are aiming at mac linux and windows simultaneous release?

I call that bs. It was just low on the priority list and/or are aiming for more revenue with staggered release.
I mean, it's a game releasing on 3 platforms at the same time, more likely on a multiplatform engine, one platform was added at the last moment and still make it on time.

Vuze

Is anyone else experiencing problems with Family Sharing? My buds library is constantly disappearing and reappearing in my client since yesterday. A reboot fixed it once but now it's gone again.

I feel like the creators update messed something up...

Tizoc

I call that bs. It was just low on the priority list and/or are aiming for more revenue with staggered release.
I mean, it's a game releasing on 3 platforms at the same time, more likely on a multiplatform engine, one platform was added at the last moment and still make it on time.
Eh be that as it may, i am not too concerned, ive already got half a dozen games to play thru til june and i still lan to get it on pc day 1

Ludens

Banned
My opinion about Numenera remains. It's not a bad game, I didn't find bugs or crashes for now so it's ok from that point of view, but the title feels like an imitation of Planescape.
There are too many "already saw this" situation and characters, there's too much useless text while in Planescape reading each dialogue and description was a joy.
The main plot is very thin and if you don't do sides, you can probably beat it in like 4 or 5 hours. I should be in the second half of the game, now, I hope to achieve this game soon, forgetting about it.
There are not so many dialogue focused crpg those days, but I think this is not really a blast from the past as it should be.

Uzzy

I'm on the final boss of Persona 5, so I should be finishing that soon and get back to PC games, just in time to play Dawn of War 3. Time to get back to fighting for the Emprah.

Too many great games out at the moment. A month off would be appreciated!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you're starting Darkest Dungeon for the first time should you play the revised and shortened mode or the standard difficulty? Or should I wait for the expansion?

New mode doesn't affect difficulty

derFeef

WTF is wrong with the Humble page login?

Login
Captcha image crap.
Auth token.
Captcha iamge crap.
Auth token
Captcha....

I CAN'T LOGIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom