• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
WTF is wrong with the Humble page login?

Login
Captcha image crap.
Auth token.
Captcha iamge crap.
Auth token
Captcha....

I CAN'T LOGIN!

I had the very same problem some months ago. It eventually fixed itself.

Playing through Event[0] after getting it through Humble Monthly. It's like playing a take on 2001: A Space Odyssey and I'm not sure how my run will end.

Also if you like choose your own adventure books and alternate history I strongly recommend The Eagle's Heir. It is set in a timeline where Napoleon won the Battle of Waterloo and years later two of his sons are put head to head for the title of Emperor. There's a lot of depth to it and it is well written.

Good God I'm playing Bully Scholarship Edition on steam and I realized it's been 9 years since I played the 360 version and more than 10 since the ps2. Where does the time go ;-;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Someone was asking if the win10 creator update gave ppl any issues earlier.

Ive been having a lot of black screens when I exit games lately, not sure if related but I cant think of anything else that changed.

Monooboe

Ive been having a lot of black screens when I exit games lately, not sure if related but I cant think of anything else that changed.

Yeah I've also had a bunch of issues after the creator update. For example I often can't recover from sleep mode where the screen doesn't wake up. I've also had issues where watching video in fullscreen crashes the computer. Latest insider patch did fix the video problem though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
header.jpg

hah!

Does it crash on u though?
Not yet but I'm only on the 3rd mission. Does anyone have a link to the 60 FPS mod/exe? The link and site the steam forums link to is dead.

Edit: Nvm, found one. Crazy that nearly a decade later no one fixed the two missions that bug out at 60 fps.

4K, 60 fps wooooot. A far cry from the performance of the console versions. Hopefully I continue to not experience any crashing issues. Such a great game.

Pixieking

Banned

I've had issues with the Start Menu, though they were fixed by running a shell command to reinstall in-built apps. I've also had issues with Windows Update repeatedly trying to install fingerprint scanner device driver.

Arthea

so Bayo ended at 100K sold, but it's still on the bestseller list, Automata is still hanging in there too

BTW Toukiden 2 reached 20K

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-34CA44A661E5A7A2 - Taken by Hakkelus. 22 entrants total.

t1492517781z1.png

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
VOODOO VINCE is out and no one here is talking about it?
Wishlisted. Really happy it released on PC, but i'm very busy with Persona 4 (<3), Thimbleweed Park and Yooka-Laylee right now. And the original Nier lies waiting for me after that.
Bought but haven't played Horizon yet, still have to defeat Ganon in Breath of the Wild, someone gifted me Gears of War 2 and I really should continue my Dishonored 2 playthrough.

...so, maybe next year?

I'm hearing good things about the port, though. Although it supposedly does have some issues when running on anything higher then 60 Hz. Anyone can confirm that?
Wouldn't be surprising, but still.

Ozium

Ac30 says it runs at 1080p60 on his 860M laptop. The 860M is essentially a mobile version of the 750 Ti.

I'm hearing good things about the port, though. Although it supposedly does have some issues when running on anything higher then 60 Hz. Anyone can confirm that?
Wouldn't be surprising, but still.

Yeah it sounds like a good port except for the issue with higher framerates messing with the game logic.. the steam reviews say that is the one thing that is off, and only in effect when playing windowed on a monitor with a higher refresh rate

has anyone here played the game before? I 100%'d Yooka earlier today and want to keep 3d platforming

Arthea

Seems like Shiness reviews started to drop .. so far its in the 6-8/10 range , with negatives being mostly related to its low budget

it being an Action RPG is matter of concern, as budget titles work much better with turn based combat, imo.
also furries.

edited: I don't see any reviews yet. Where are they?

prudislav

edited: I don't see any reviews yet. Where are they?
only some so far judging by Opencritic

IGN Spain - 7 / 10 (PS4)
A great RPG and a remarkable beat'em up that sometimes is too ugly for being excellent due its indie (and low cost) roots.
Gameblog - 7 / 10 (PS4)
Shiness the Lightning Kingdom is an Action-RPG that offers very good RPG elements, but poor Action elements.
PlayStation Universe - 8.0 / 10.0 (PS4)
An indie adventure with far Eastern inspirations that does a great job of masquerading as a big budget spectacular, Shiness will delight those looking for a fix of action RPG goodness with one eye on the classics of yore.
Destructoid - 6.5 / 10.0 (PS4)
All told, Shiness is an uneven adventure, but one I'm glad I undertook. While it's too ambitious for its own good, deep down, and despite some hard-to-overlook faults, you can just sense that this was a passion project. I'm not sure if Enigami will get to make a sequel, but if it does, I'd be up for it.
Cubed3 - 8 / 10 (PS4)
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom just feels like it's got the wrong kind of rough edges. While imperfections often give character, here they just make enjoying the experience all that much harder. It's upsetting to see a game with so much going for it falter for clunky combat, lacklustre platforming, and being too big and too open too early. However, any action RPG fan owes it to themselves to play this one-of-a-kind adventure, because the good outweighs the bad, and this is a powerful experience Samir and the rest of Enigami should still be proud of.
Push Square - 6 / 10 (PS4)
While not perfect, Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom is fairly impressive to look at. It has a beautiful and intriguing world, so it's a bit of a shame that you don't get to learn more of the history behind it. Still, there's a tough but fun battle system to get to grips with and plenty of puzzles to solve. If you prefer your RPGs to be more relaxed and serene then you may struggle with this one, as the fast-paced combat system means that button mashing your way through it will quickly lead to the game over screen. But for as much as we enjoyed our time on Mahera, a poor combat camera and plethora of bugs let it down &#8211; here's hoping for a quick patch
ACG (Karak) - Buy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_lkTDAWIwQ

Sell them for 4$ each on BTS thread and buy the game, I think it's the best option.
Such effort ughhhh, damn thee humble monthlys! Interested to see how Voodoo Vince is given I never played it back in the day when it got mostly ok reviews but I do love platformers.

Anyone play Morphblade by the Gunpoint dev? Is he working on anything else? Can't believe that game is 4 years old too. Time is just flying by.

Edit: Is Layers of Fear worth playing? Thousand questions. I honestly forget about humble monthly games I own now lol.

derFeef

Hmmm anyone noticing frequent crashes in Firefox since the last Enhanced Steam update? Not sure if it's related but I have it disabled now and we will see if it keeps crashing.

I own Morphblade apparently and I have no idea how or when and I didn't even know it was by the Gunpoint developer until now. Awful buying habits.

Knurek

Turfster just tweeted that Creators Update makes the entire Program Files directory read only.
This might affect standard Steam installs, right?

Humble Monthly.
I no longer even pay attention to the new games, I just redeem the games I don't own and add to the backlog tsk.

Scrolling through my library and was reminded of how disappointing Nightcry was. Think it's the only kickstarter I've regretted or at least been seriously let down by so far.

Although the guy getting eaten by the vending machine at the beginning had me in tears.

Turfster just tweeted that Creators Update makes the entire Program Files directory read only.
This might affect standard Steam installs, right?

Program Files and not Program Files (x86) or whatever, right? The former has been a poor location to install games since, like, Windows 7; not sure if it was due to read only rights or what, but you'd always have to give games installed there admin rights to work properly.

Uzzy

Well, there's a strong chance that Democracy 3 will be on sale shortly, either this week or June 8th. So if anyone wanted to pick that up, that'll be your time.

Jawmuncher

What I mean is that I personally would argue the demographic of that game (japanese/anime artstyle) is rather on Steam than on Xbox One.

The souls series has sold well on Xbox. One of the few super Japanese series that does. I think this teaser video is looking different from the actual product

Jawmuncher

Sure, but while Dark Souls looks "western", this looks really "anime" imo.

Namco still supports Xbox with anime titles. Such as one piece , dragon ball, and the bigger names. So I wouldn't say the brand is against anime per se. They just get a lot less already so it seems that way.

Namco still supports Xbox with anime titles. Such as one piece , dragon ball, and the bigger names. So I wouldn't say the brand is against anime per se. They just get a lot less already so it seems that way.

Its not. What I just mean that I think that the demographic for such titles nowadays is on Steam and it might sell more on Steam than it would sell on Xbox. If you see the sales of those titles on Xbox in the usual threads and compare them to Steamspy sales, usually Steam has more sales than the Xbox version.

Thats why I dont get why it just shows PS4/Xbox One in the tags (yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom