• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalDeer

Decided to jump on that Humble Bundle, since I don't think we'll see KoF XIII that cheap again any time soon. Probably should've bought it sooner, but oh well. $6.50 is still a pretty damn good deal. Might have some extra keys to give away later, no promises, though.

I just went to my unredeemed HumbeBundle Keys.

Anyone in need of the RPG Maker VX Ace or To the Moon?

I will again decide by who I love the most of everyone who puts a claim on one of these, until I eat dinner.

I'd be interested in RPG Maker. After reviewing all the games from the RPG Maker contest (which all of you should do. Seriously.) I think I might try my hand at it. Maybe I'll even produce something. You know, or not.

derExperte

Next (last?) Be Mine 14 bonus:

Once we reach 9,500 bundles sold, you get this for free
Groupees Trading Coins

Groupees introduces its very own in-system, Trading Coins. Part digital currency, part collectible, part loyalty reward, the Groupees Trading Coins will be one of many tradeable virtual goods within Groupees new website scheduled for release in early October. Buyers of the Be Mine 14 bundle will receive these special, one-of-a kind Trading Coins–$5 purchasers will receive the $3 Jonny Antimatter Coin, $1 purchasers will receive the $1 Slugs Plutonium Coin. These particular coins have certain characteristics that are like stock ownership in Groupees and are redeemable for their cash value should Groupees ever be purchased or go public. Like stock, the value of the Coins will increase as Groupees increases in value, and this will be published so holders know their value. The value will never decrease below the $3 and $1 face values. PLEASE NOTE, Coins will be issued and released to bundle buyers in October when the Groupees Trading Exchange is live.

First I was like: WTF. But it's actually a nice rebate.

Picked up "Tower Of Guns" in the weeklong sale for £3. Totally worth it. It's like Quake and Unreal Tournament had a roguelike offspring. I must've gotten incredibely lucky with my loot drops on my first completion of the game though. Beat it after 11 deaths. I got 2 damage multipliers, a charge multiplier and a firemine mod for my shotgun. Made tearing through the bosses a bit too easy. Really satisfying gunplay though, and it gets pretty ridiculous at times, especially when both flying enemies and turret enemies spawn all over the place in a room! I can see getting to the top of the tower with different perk tweaks and weapon choices could ramp up the challenge a ton more.

tog5.jpg

Chariot

I'd gladly take RPG Maker Chariot. Even if you don't like me.
I don't like you? I honestly don't remember why, I have neutral to slighty positive feelings when reading your name. But could just be the NHK avatar. Anyways, congratz \o

If nobody else claims it, I'd take RPG Maker as I missed that bundle.
Sorry, I can't remember you.

And @ the guy who send me a pm: how should I love you, if you're to ashamed to talk to me in public? :,(

edit:
I'd be interested in RPG Maker. After reviewing all the games from the RPG Maker contest (which all of you should do. Seriously.) I think I might try my hand at it. Maybe I'll even produce something. You know, or not.
Oh, you sadly posted, when I wrote this post. Giftlink is sended, already, sorry! :(

But you can have To the Moon, if you like

Jawmuncher

I don't like you? I honestly don't remember why, I have neutral to slighty positive feelings when reading your name. But could just be the NHK avatar. Anyways, congratz \o

Sorry, I can't remember you.

And @ the guy who send me a pm: how should I love you, if you're to ashamed to talk to me in public? :,(

edit: Oh, you sadly posted, when I wrote this post. Giftlink is sended, already, sorry! :(

No 2 threads back you said you hated him and hope you never see him again since he left you for senpai. #truefact

I just realized I just bought a bunch of stuff that I won't even get to playing for awhile.
Oh well.

Vuze

Well, achievements are online, but the game doesn't unlock mine. I also played enough to trigger another one at least, still nothing.

Same for me... bs... won't touch the game until tomorrow then when they hopefully sorted out everything...

Btw, do users on the ignore list automatically get added to my own ModBot blacklist?

Newblade

Cleaning out my humble stash.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Second Avernum Trilogy -- MB-17E59E9F3A92AD3F - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-288B08F72EB300F5 - Taken by Evrain. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-B01F9821B235AD97 - Taken by KingDirk. 2 entrants total.
Zen Bound 2 -- MB-83AEFE9156CFAF95 - Taken by redlacs. 4 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-F400990AB056A6D2 - Taken by iosefe. 3 entrants total.
Anodyne -- MB-F52268141D08D5BB - Taken by deadflower81. 2 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype -- MB-8EC0EA58B8670645
Nightsky -- MB-B2008BFC901F35F2
Botanicula -- MB-6F85AC2A4EDD01AD - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-A07B0596DFFB2559 - Taken by abracadaver. 2 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-03172C149F25C102 - Taken by flaxknuckles. 3 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-E7199F434AA3436D - Taken by Dice. 2 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-939EB1BA2F95B6BD - Taken by ReduxMachine. 2 entrants total.
Cogs -- MB-AD8042F585090489
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-59DE04D5D2C63711 - Taken by Teppic. 7 entrants total.
Swords & Soldiers HD -- MB-C123B8D5EFCF275A - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
The Basement Collection -- MB-C53065C433204B5E - Taken by Vlad. 3 entrants total.
Avadon: The Black Fortress #2 -- MB-26F8D4EA0B5A7DC0
Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Prototypes -- MB-970D4668BA2072BF
Machinarium -- MB-507D25D582F1A10D - Taken by gaiadyne. 3 entrants total.
Offspring Fling #2 -- MB-5065AC7B0BB4D151
McPixel -- MB-68CF3899CC01CE6E - Taken by weemadarthur. 1 entrants total.

t1409081538z1.png

Oh nice, entered for Airship Dragoon on a whim, thanks SubZero! Looks fun. Funny that everybody entered the first listing while the second one is still available, lol.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Oh nice, entered for Airship Dragoon on a whim, thanks SubZero! Looks fun. Funny that everybody entered the first listing while the second one is still available, lol.

haha yeah, that or maybe Modbot is lagging. It looks like a pretty cool game, so it shouldn't go unclaimed

Groupees have lost their minds today

wtf is this?

Trading coins?
In fact this may be a good deal, but I am not sure.

Groupees Trading Coins

Groupees introduces its very own in-system, Trading Coins. Part digital currency, part collectible, part loyalty reward, the Groupees Trading Coins will be one of many tradeable virtual goods within Groupees new website scheduled for release in early October. Buyers of the Be Mine 14 bundle will receive these special, one-of-a kind Trading Coins–$5 purchasers will receive the $3 Jonny Antimatter Coin, $1 purchasers will receive the $1 Slugs Plutonium Coin. These particular coins have certain characteristics that are like stock ownership in Groupees and are redeemable for their cash value should Groupees ever be purchased or go public. Like stock, the value of the Coins will increase as Groupees increases in value, and this will be published so holders know their value. The value will never decrease below the $3 and $1 face values. PLEASE NOTE, Coins will be issued and released to bundle buyers in October when the Groupees Trading Exchange is live.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I have to claim responsibility for some of the dupe codes that were given away over the past few days (including Sunless Sea, I'm really sorry Ozium). I did not do it to troll,to have a laugh or to boost my giver status. The reason was that I had some spare keys for some games lying around that I was not sure if they were activated. Since these games were not cheap and sought after I really didn't want to do a garbage dump giveaway as that would remove my blocklist so I decided to give them away anonymously. Also, when I accidentally gave away some dupe codes in the past I really didn't like the way some winners handled the whole situation, they basically felt entitled to the game and asked me to get them a working code before I offered to do so myself. I should really have added a message saying that the key may be a duplicate, so excuse me for not doing that

You can ban me, block me, slap me etc. I don't really care. Like I said my giveaway status doesn't matter at all to me. I enter very few giveaways and I already have a megagiver status, so doing that just for trolling would be pointless

To Ozium and the others. I'll try to rectify that and personally gift you the game on Steam when I can, as I'm very busy at the moment

For future reference, you can add a short line of custom text to anonymous modbot giveaways; there is a very specific format so makes sure to look at Stumps guide. This should remove any surprise or expectation if you are unsure of a key's status. :p

Is TIny Barbarian DX good?

I think its a nice platformer. Aesthetically, it is much better than the other indie viking game Volgarr. Gameplay wise it is a bit more forgiving though so it has been drowned in the sea of other indie games instead of finding a niche like Volgarr.

edit: Oh, you sadly posted, when I wrote this post. Giftlink is sended, already, sorry! :(

No worries. At least it's going to a good home. I already have To the Moon and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst...no scratch that, I probably would wish it upon my worst enemy. If I had an enemy.

---

In other news, a couple months back I gave my impressions for Antisquad. I was reasonably favourable towards it. I went back to it and put a couple more hours into it. Then I realized just how much of a mobile port it is. EVERYTHING requires silly amounts of coins. You're meant to repeat missions on normal mode until you can afford upgrades, at which point you can handle hard mode or hell mode. And by "afford upgrades" I mean doing two missions can get you a single upgrade for a single character, or maybe buy a bulk health pack. It's grindy by design. Oh, but you CAN get more coins through its facebook and twitter integration!

The only thing to be thankful for is that you have unlimited missions per day to amass coins. And the gameplay itself isn't bad, but I just realized how slow progression is. My goodness.

Arthea

Cool, I'm now the proud owner of an international company. I wonder if that will work as a pick-up line...

It won't sound half as cool when you have to answer "groupees", when asked which company is that (><)

edited: with all this experimenting groupees are doing lately, are they in some kind of trouble, I wonder.

I don't like you? I honestly don't remember why, I have neutral to slighty positive feelings when reading your name. But could just be the NHK avatar. Anyways, congratz \o[...]
Haha, no I didn't mean to imply you don't like me. It was a failed attempt at making a joke at your original post where you in jest said you'd give the game to someone you like. Yeah, I know, I suck at joking.
Thank you for choosing me but please can you check your PMs?

Shadownet

Banned
It won't sound half as cool when you have to answer "groupees", when asked which company is that (><)

edited: with all this experimenting groupees are doing lately, are they in some kind of trouble, I wonder.

Groupees sounds like a company that provide fans for your 80's rockstars.

yatesl

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yatesl, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PixelJunk Eden -- MB-867CF35C2EDF6650 - Taken by nightstorm
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-1AF68EEC74536561 - Taken by swx
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-3C67871376719057 - Taken by Annubis

Have another, gaf

Sub Zero

First come, first served

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Airship Dragoon -- MB-DDE894D9A435CFD2 - Taken by MMBosstones86

louiedog

I played through the tutorial and first two levels of Super Time Force Ultra today. That's a fun game that I only feel like I understand after playing it despite watching a few videos. It also happens to play beautifully on my Win 8 tablet at native resolution with vsync which is a plus.

Cth

Well, completed.

Now I can say it: Kirkman should just drop the comic book, because the spin-off by Telltale are much, much better then the regular story.

Also the end is really good, much better of Season 1 ending.

So it's complete?

I've put off buying the game until the season was finished :D

And oddly enough I stayed spoiler free which is unusual considering my love of spoilers.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Intheflorsh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

The Crew BETA -- MB-5BB170F0358A554C - Taken by CyberPunked

Enjoy

vvise

For anyone that wants to play The Crew feel free to add me. Same name as here.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (vvise, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
Crew Beta 1 (uplay) -- MB-1B69338F6BA0AAE6 - Taken by Sofa King. 3 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Crew Beta 2 (uplay) -- MB-E2CF1A991B40EC6C - Taken by Arucardo. 1 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Crew Beta 3 (uplay) -- MB-E9EB8F7A3C98DEBB - Taken by robotrock. 2 entrants total.

t1409082918z1.png

Backlogger

Does it work correctly? It shows Space Hulk on my list, but I'm 100% sure I redeemed it for myself. It was actually one of the main reasons to buy that bundle, and I already played it on Steam.

EDIT: Weird.

oCKcVFb.png

It seemed accurate to me. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! Free game!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I have no intention of playing it anyway, so here's a code for the closed beta of The Crew.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Daedalos42:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Daedalos42, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

The Crew Closed Beta -- MB-DD371C0643106422 - Taken by vermadas

Finish episode 5 and as soon as I quit I find out they've fixed the achievements. Never gonna play it again so fuck them. Telltale had to show their incompetence at the very end.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Where Angels Cry -- MB-9A8EBEA89DEA81A6 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-7066513382EA90CB - Taken by kevin1025. 2 entrants total.
Night Shift -- MB-E7B868B8664CBC9B - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-0AACF5331C273E08 - Taken by fspm. 5 entrants total.
Lucius -- MB-B251313A6A84C493 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1409083697z1.png

Sub Zero

I tried to take this because I felt bad for the little game being ignored.
But I think something's wrong with modbot -- both keys were eventually taken from your first post, so does that somehow affect the second post?

yes, when both keys were taken from the first giveaway, I edited out the second one to remove the second key. It must have been Modbot lag, or maybe all the entrants were throttled or blacklisted :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just saw my "Unredeemed Keys" section of my Humble Bundle account - I might have to do a massive Modbot giveaway at some point.
I have 64 keys that apparently haven't been used.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just saw my "Unredeemed Keys" section of my Humble Bundle account - I might have to do a massive Modbot giveaway at some point.
I have 64 keys that apparently haven't been used.

I've been giving them away five or six at a time over the last few days because I didn't want to clog up the system with bundle extras, haha. Almost done giving them away.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Oh no, I'm planning on becoming a famous rockstar, so that would actually be a good thing :p

If I ever make an album I'll definitely put it up on Steam, so there's at least one guaranteed sale there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom