• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono

The third one starts with a sort of recap of what happened in the previous games and so far seems pretty standalone.
(And no, this is my first one)

Awesome! I might jump on that Groupees bundle and then backtrack if I like it, hmmm.

Does anyone know if Groupees gives you DRM free copies like most Humble Bundles do? I'm not going to be able to activate Steam games for a while! :X
Or ever?

derExperte

What do people think of "Groupees Trading Coins"?
Will JaseC buy 2 copies of the Be Mine 14 bundle to get 1 of each trading coin?

Honestly I'm thinking about it. I'll maybe buy the $5 tier for the games and theoretically you get $1 for paying $1 with the chance of rising value in the lower tier. No risk there.

BTW, should I save the moneyz for holiday's sales or burn it now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_gratification

You could get the games you want now for cheaper later. Or you could be dead.

Don't ask me how but I landed on Farming Sim '15's Steampage and I realized that the game has beautiful grass. Really life-like (gif for old-gaf, webm for modern-gaf).
kcuzkw.gif

cfzjje.gif

oqxtfw.gif

http://a.pomf.se/blhceg.webm
http://a.pomf.se/ktynrt.webm
http://a.pomf.se/ctozgc.webm

Terra_Ex

Oh my, so much violence to the new guy, come on guys we're master race, let's just get along with everyone :)

On topic.... The other day I posted a good foil that Idlemaster left on my inventory:
OMGthatprice.png

Today, I sold it out!
Sellerr.jpeg

Thanks again, Mr. Jshackles, you rock mah world.
You're lucky, whenever I list a foil at anything approaching that price it sits on the market for months on end and when I eventually go back to check on it I see the community has busied itself trying to tank the price of said foil during that time. It hurts a lot less with regular cards.

Turfster

Does anyone know if Groupees gives you DRM free copies like most Humble Bundles do? I'm not going to be able to activate Steam games for a while! :X
Or ever?

They do for some games. Not for most of those that have a steam key, tho.
Depends on the deal with the creator/publisher I guess.

Jawmuncher

You're lucky, whenever I list a foil at anything approaching that price it sits on the market for months on end and when I eventually go back to check on it I see the community has busied itself trying to tank the price of said foil during that time. It hurts a lot less with regular cards.

Unless the game is actually popular.
You definitely have to undercut a good bit on foils with outrageously high prices and no buyers.
Then you have to keep track on them. People really don't care too much about these bundle game foils if the prices are high or nothing good is with them.

Monooboe

If it's not against the rules, can I ask where you see this? I wouldn't mind picking up DR3 at that price, but I don't follow key trading much and am afraid I don't know where to find a legit trading source.

I got DR3 from http://dispenser.tf, which I believe is fully legit and encouraged by SteamGAF. 10 keys for 18.70 euro. This is going to be too addicting, will end up with me buying EVERYTHING.o_O

Myshkin

i was just trying to get a key. I didn't think it could hurt someone

The way you play this game is you wait until someone famous for giving away games makes a post in the thread. Then you post something like "Divinity: Original Sin is so awesome. I wish I had gotten it when it was on sale." Who are these famous people? Experience will tell you.

BruteUA

The way you play this game is you wait until someone famous for giving away games makes a post in the thread. Then you post something like "Divinity: Original Sin is so awesome. I wish I had gotten it when it was on sale." Who are these famous people? Experience will tell you.

I hope this is mostly sarcasm and isn't how SteamGAF is perceived outside of the thread.

Nete

Featuring Humble Bundle unredeemed keys. There is a chance Space Hulk won't work, but the website keeps telling me its available so here it is.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nete, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Cubetractor -- MB-46B0F15A16C88C77 - Taken by Haunted
Space Hulk -- MB-FA0887F020143077 - Taken by Turfster
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-9D99DDCC8008C03D - Taken by Catshade
Eador: Masters of the Broken World -- MB-AF197150F2933802 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda

Turfster

Featuring Humble Bundle unredeemed keys. There is a chance Space Hulk won't work, but the website keeps telling me its available so here it is.

Sadly, the key was used, as foretold.
Ah well, thanks for the chance to at least win something again ;)

So to recap: Not all the unused keys in the humble overview are definitely unused.

derExperte

There's a risk. If Groupees goes belly up "You get nothing!"

That's what I thought when Apple was dead. Shat my pants and didn't buy. If I had I wouldn't even be here, I would tell my assistants to purchase every new Steam release and go for a nice drive with my yacht. Never making that mistake again. All in into Groupees.

Momentary

Banned
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rayge, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
King of Fighters XIII -- MB-5BB9D5AE5C5FE45C - Taken by Panda Rin. 24 entrants total.
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-E569FE02DF2E2DCB - Taken by Divius. 3 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-B479967A1120F01E - Taken by Shalashaska. 5 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-66443F06B8437A9B
Thief Gold -- MB-125602DFD6A76EB4
Van Helsing -- MB-CB572C63CEBE5199 - Taken by Sharkiller. 5 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-59F0CBDC8AEAC791 - Taken by $h@d0w. 3 entrants total.
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-59528CE2BD134CED - Taken by Pakkidis. 4 entrants total.
Hitman Codename 47 -- MB-F0B671802BF8DADA
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-291B10D79190DE7A - Taken by Elija2. 2 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die 2 -- MB-43CAE328E88B1772
Crusader Kings 2 -- MB-FC62F81DA4E6A1FD

t1409100798z1.png
[/QUOTE]

How do you feel about hidden objects games?

I was about to wonder aloud why Mystery Case Files games never made it to Steam, but I searched just to make sure, and lo and behold they're there! They're good hidden object games. Well, most of them are. Never seen any of them show up during sales, so maybe that's why they passed under my radar.

Jawmuncher

So yeah, Arkham Origins is pretty glitchy.

At one point a door I needed to go through didn't work.

Restarting from prior checkpoints worked at least.

Didn't notice the cape and thought this was Splinter Cell.

i'm pretty bad at fighters. how accommodating is KoF?

It's about the same as any other fighter really.
King is the most accommodating character to start out with when I had messed around with them all.

Deitus

2033 Redux doesn't have trading cards? Bummer :(

Does Last Light Redux have them? Considering the original Last Light had cards, it would suck if LL Redux didn't get any.

Its pretty fun, and most everyone is on the base level for it right now, so it couldn't hurt.

I don't think I'd put up much of a fight, even against people on the "base level". I'd probably play mainly single player, that is if I actually get it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What Valve should do is offer the ability to disable licences for paid games -- in doing so, they're removed from your library and your Steam Community profile, but at any point you can visit your account page and reactivate the licences if you so desire. This would remove the potential headache of users wanting to re-add a licence for a game they removed that has since been pulled from the store.

(Consider this your side project when you land a job at Valve, Jshacks. ;))

Well I hate to say the dream is dead, but it kind of is for a while. I'm moving into a new house next week (with a 1 year lease) and my kids are starting back to school soon too. At my current job I finally got my hours extended, though no health insurance worth talking about.
I've paid out over $9,000 so far this year in medical bills, fuck.

So with everything that is going on right now for me, I'm not sure if I'd take a job at Valve if one were offered. It'd have to come with a pretty sweet paycheck and a fairly substantial sign-on bonus. In other words, not going to happen.

Oh my, so much violence to the new guy, come on guys we're master race, let's just get along with everyone :)

On topic.... The other day I posted a good foil that Idlemaster left on my inventory:

*pictures of awesomeness*

Thanks again, Mr. Jshackles, you rock mah world.

Easy come, easy go man - find something you like that's on sale and have fun.

moKU9In.gif

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of JustLynx, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Antichamber -- MB-85725097442244C0 - Taken by Pakkidis. 1 entrants total.

t1409095037z1.png

Mono

i'm pretty bad at fighters. how accommodating is KoF?

Seems beginner friendly to me! It's fun to play even when you don't know any combos or anything, and the Arcade mode seems forgiving for beginners. I like it a lot!

Edit: Super OT, but I'm not sure where else to ask! :X Sorry! Is Adobe Reader browser-only now or is the stand alone PDF reader/editor called something else? I have no idea how I've managed to not have a PDF reader on my PC until now. PDFs are opening in my browser as file:///C:/Users/Me/Downloads/file.pdf with Adobe Reader!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Terraria -- MB-C09F4BFB87BAB329 - Taken by Lobogris. 1 entrants total.

t1409092578z1.png

d00d3n

I think I just broke my Steam installation in some serious way. Was using various VPN services to try and activate/play the metro redux games early. Everything seemed to be going fine, until I restarted my computer and tried to log in to Steam again. The "Connecting Steam Account:[username]" window appeared briefly, but Steam didn't continue to start. No error message was displayed. The issue was completely reproducible across five or so restarts with multiple attempts to start Steam with each one.

By deleting everything in the Steam folder except the exe I was able to reset my Steam install and start Steam _once_, but when I exited Steam the bug preventing me from starting appeared again (still persisting across restarts). The restoration method for one session is reproducible.

I am running windows 7, 3570k, 8 gigs ram and geforce 780 sli.

Does the issue sound familiar to anyone? Are there any other ways to restore steam than the "delete all files except the exe"-method?

Tellaerin

Okay, Borderlands 2 is definitely scratching my FPS/loot game itch. (I had enough credit from my recent fling with Idle Master to grab the GOTY and the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 - I had just enough left over for one extra DLC, and that one's supposed to increase the level cap further and add more loot drops, so I figured it was the one to get.) So far, it seems to be holding firmly to the "bigger, better, more" school of sequel design, but considering how much I enjoyed the first one, that's not a bad thing in my book. Sequels don't always need to reinvent the wheel.

Maybe I'll try a little co-op at some point if I'm feeling particularly adventurous. Thanks to everyone who suggested that I go for it while it was on sale!

Dr Dogg

Seems beginner friendly to me! It's fun to play even when you don't know any combos or anything, and the Arcade mode seems forgiving for beginners. I like it a lot!

Edit: Super OT, but I'm not sure where else to ask! :X Sorry! Is Adobe Reader browser-only now or is the stand alone PDF reader/editor called something else? I have no idea how I've managed to not have a PDF reader on my PC until now. PDFs are opening in my browser as file:///C:/Users/Me/Downloads/file.pdf with Adobe Reader!

Some browsers like Chrome can default to opening PDFs. Adobe Reader is standalone but over the years it's become bloated and slow as shit. If your on a Mac Apple's built in Preview is much better but for anyone on Windows who can live without PDF thumbnails, ditch Adobe Reader and go grab Sumatra. As someone who opens a stupendous amount of PDF and EPS documents in a day nothing has come close to rendering as fast as this does.

http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/free-pdf-reader.html

derExperte

BTW I have USD 7.28 on my Steam Wallet... Let the recommendations flow!

Searched for your profile for inspiration but if it's the correct one that I found it's a bit hard to gather what you actually like to play. And by 'a bit hard' I mean I have no idea what's going on there tbh, if you're only going to idle anyway get Grim Legends, the cards are valuable.

Monooboe

No matter what I do I can never get dispenser.tf to work for me. I always end up with an empty message box when I try to complete the trade.

Ah that sucks, though regular trade works? tried to find a trader thru tf2outpost?

Thanks a ton. I got a copy for myself without too much trouble :) I'm pretty excited for DR3 co-op action with one of my friends.

Awesome!:D Would be nice if they had split-screen Co-Op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom