• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
The company has worked on recent major gaming titles such as Spider-Man 2, God of War Ragnarokand Alan Wake 2.

How about you sheep make up your own mind and quit listening to other people and online crap.
3 Awesome games and GTA 6 is another one. Not going to play that ?? Grow up
lNv8R6O.jpg

Moneal

So, wait a minute, her actual intent is ultimately to sideline or demote the people who made this industry what it is to begin with? Not equality and finding common ground? Is she high?

I still have a hard time seeing where the harassment is happening in this Steam group. It serves to inform people, not incite aggression, and the owner stated that clearly,

The way these people are trying to skew that is weird.
If I was proud of the work I had done I wouldn't care that some random curator group sorted my games. I might even push people to join it to help promote the stuff.
Have you played any of these games? I have. No issues.
What about you?
Yes. Felt the first Spider Man and GOW were better than the sequals. Haven't played any Alan Wake games, not my thing.

dano1

A Sheep
If I was proud of the work I had done I wouldn't care that some random curator group sorted my games. I might even push people to join it to help promote the stuff.

Yes. Felt the first Spider Man and GOW were better than the sequals. Haven't played any Alan Wake games, not my thing.
That’s fair. But I certainly didn’t notice any crazy story that some are talking about here !
If true there would have been videos of just that.

Mooreberg

The meltdowns on Twitter have been glorious

Hank Hill Lol GIF

Apart from the hilarious gap in professional accomplishment and calling Musk a "loser", he keeps using his social media platform. If you think he is a real life Bond villain, get the fuck off of the platform. These people won't even take the easiest, least energy consuming steps to back up their deranged beliefs with action... or in this case the total inaction that would free up their time to waste on something else.

Also, I will agree with everyone recommending the Upper Echelon videos. Excellent work.

GymWolf

Gold Member
That’s fair. But I certainly didn’t notice any crazy story that some are talking about here !
If true there would have been videos of just that.
There are a shitload of videos about spidey 2 going woke, unless you lived in a cave, you are just being disingenuous.

Of course they are not videos from frikkin ign or gamespot, you can't except the real sheeps to go against the message.

Are the games still good? Yes
Do people noticed that something is severely wrong with the writing compared to their previous entries? Hell yeah.

Last edited:

dano1

A Sheep
There are a shitload of videos about spidey 2 going woke, unless you lived in a cave, you are just being disingenuous.

Of course they are not videos from frikkin ign or gamespot, you can't except the real sheeps to go against the message.
So should everyone here cancel IGN Gamespot and all the other reviewers because they didn’t say the game was woke? Maybe just stop playing games altogether. GTA6 is on the list!
Cancel that game?

Krieger

The 3 games I listed definitely aren’t shit yet you won’t play them because someone says you shouldn’t. 😂😂😂😂
Yeah, I haven't played them, because my backlog is too big, but that doesn't mean I didn't buy them. I'll play them later this year and with a 99% chance enjoy 95% of everything in them, but I will still criticize that forced "diversity" bullshit the developers and Sweet Baby Inc. put into them. I'm not from 'murica and I don't want to give a fuck about their fucked up politics, but I have to because it affects my hobby when these people just want to "represent" instead of making fun games.

dano1

A Sheep
Dude, just google:

"*Name of the game* game politics" and you will notice that these games have been receiving tons of criticiscm since launch.

Just because you don't have issues with these games doesn't mean no one else has.

So you’re not getting GTA6 when it comes out?

Varteras

Gold Member
Apart from the hilarious gap in professional accomplishment and calling Musk a "loser", he keeps using his social media platform. If you think he is a real life Bond villain, get the fuck off of the platform. These people won't even take the easiest, least energy consuming steps to back up their deranged beliefs with action... or in this case the total inaction that would free up their time to waste on something else.

Also, I will agree with everyone recommending the Upper Echelon videos. Excellent work.

Wanna know who these people really are? Just look at the absolutely pathetic meltdowns when Musk bought Twitter. The death threats against him. The smear campaign about what the platform supposedly became. The multitude of claims of going to a different platform like BlueSky or Mastodon. Yet as you say, none of them left. Why? Because they are completely lacking of any real fortitude or integrity.

Twats like Jason Schreier who crowed about the imminent downfall of Twitter, yet his spineless ass still uses it. Because of course he does. He needs that personal audience. There was no way in hell he was going to give up that kind of engagement to make a stand for what he really believes in. Because at the end of the day, people like him don't really believe in anything. They simply run programming like the good little drones they are.

Last edited:
The 3 games I listed definitely aren’t shit yet you won’t play them because someone says you shouldn’t. 😂😂😂😂
I already wasn't playing them because of the massive dip in writing from the previous entries in the videos and clips I've seen. All this curator did was identify a common link between these games so I can just more easily avoid buying and being disappointed by anything they work on in the future.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
So should everyone here cancel IGN Gamespot and all the other reviewers because they didn’t say the game was woke? Maybe just stop playing games altogether. GTA6 is on the list!
Cancel that game?
Nobody is trying to cancel them, we are not the miserable people with a sad life that try to cancel everyone that has a different opinion, but we can call em out alright.

I doubt gta6 is gonna be remotely as woke as sp2, rdr2 had some elements that people could consider woke but it was just more subtle and rockstar cared more about telling a good story over injecting their politic agenda, you are not gonna have a fucking mission where a white rich dude steal from a black history music museum or some shit about bipoc artists that nobody gives 2 fucks about, you can bet on that.

Last edited:

dano1

A Sheep
Your cheap attempt at scoring points when countless people have called you out on your bullshit is doubling down to the point of stupidly.

You think you've won or made some revelation if they say they will buy gta6?

You calling others here sheep. Lmao.

I buy what I like not what others tell me I like or can like.
Make sense?

ZehDon

The three titles - Spider-Man 2, God of War Ragnarok and Alan Wake 2 - all have a, while still positive, decidedly more mixed consensus after the dust of their honeymoon periods settled compared to their predecessors. I'm glad you enjoyed them, and please continue to do so, but clearly not everyone did. Trying to shout down people for not liking them is... well, the problem. As you've aptly demonstrated, there's a very clear trend that if people commit the sin of not liking a Protected Game® or liking a Forbidden Game®, there's a sudden moral obligation in certain circles to shout insults at them until they fall back inline. Individual thought needs to be stamped out, it seems. I hope the irony of you telling people not to blindly listen to other people's opinions while trying to shout them down for not blindly listening to your own opinions is not lost on you.

dano1

A Sheep
Nobody is trying to cancel them, we are not the miserable people with a sad life that try to cancel everyone that has a different opinion, but we can call em out alright.

I doubt gta5 is gonna remotely as woke as sp2, rdr2 had some elements that people could consider woke but it was just more subtle and rockstar cared more about telling a good story over injecting their politic agenda.

Some people here say they will not buy any game on the Cancel list. I’m talking about them.
This kind of crap only hurts the developers and gaming industry.
Believe me I can’t stand woke garbage but nothing I noticed in the 3 I mentioned. Alan Wake 2. Come on !!

GymWolf

Gold Member
Some people here say they will not buy any game on the Cancel list. I’m talking about them.
Believe me I can’t stand woke garbage but nothing I noticed in the 3 I mentioned. Alan Wake 2. Come on !!
Not buying a game it's hardly cancelling anything.

If the industry doesn't want to get hurt, maybe they should stop wasting money on people that make games worse, we can chose to not give em money because it's the only thing these companies understand.

Btw, i only have big problems with sp2, i don't think ragnarock is that bad and i haven't played aw2.

Last edited:

Aces High

What's wrong about voting with your wallet?

I want well-written authentic timeless characters and not some forced Californian flavor of the month politics bullshit.

Why should I spend $70 on stuff I don't want?

Seriously, I don't understand your point.

dano1

A Sheep
riiiiiight......pay the assholes money to verify that they are assholes so you can regret having given them money.
You`ve obviously never heard of making an "informed decision" and call others sheep....
Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Bold of you to assume we're not doing the same. I think something sucks because of what I think, not what others have told me. Only works one way though, huh?

So some just leaned of this list not knowing anything about it or the owners of the company and now refuse to play any games on the list. Thats who I’m talking about.

StueyDuck

i mean boohoo, why is the well being a of a developer solely put on my shoulders.

yeah alan wake 2 was a good game, but they also went out of their way to consult with an evil company like SBI, so you know how as a person you vote to stop companies like Remedy from using them?

you don't buy their games. it's really not difficult to understand, if you also truly can't stand these things like you say then you'd be willing to do the bare minimum which is not support products with them in.

i don't see what is so outrageous for people to be doing that. I like remedy games but they will live, believe it or not, without SBI consultation.

Last edited:
It's a curator list, considering it's on the curator program, not a "Cancel list".

It's on the developers to earn our money. But don't worry, if someone doesn't buy a game tainted by Sweet Baby they're probably going to give that money to some other developer. The industry will be fine.

StueyDuck

although that's funny

I really think the people against this stuff should control the narrative and not allow and accept "Gamer gate 2" to be the term thrown around here (here being the subject, not literally this gaf thread).

it's a losing stigma that will automatically put people on the losing end against the Kotaku's and so on.

There needs to be terminology like #TheGamingFlush or something, basically something saying that we are getting rid of the shit. removing the trash, so on and so forth.

Last edited:

dano1

A Sheep
Not buying a game it's hardly cancelling anything.

If the industry doesn't want to get hurt, maybe they should stop wasting money on people that make games worse, we can chose to not give em money because it's the only thing these companies understand.

Btw, i only have big problems with sp2, i don't think ragnarock is that bad and i haven't played aw2.

Certainly AW2 has no woke story!
Great game!

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
The big boys, sorry developers on that 'cancel list' are gonna miss our sales for sure. I mean we are the minority now.

nikolino840

Ding ding ding. Let’s go down the rabbit hole. This whole thing is much more sinister than how it seems on the surface. And I am glad that gamers are waking up to it as well.

Now read again the third part of your own post. You have answered yourself, you just don’t want to believe it because it seems that crazy. I don’t want to state anything, but maybe there is something to those insane conspiracy theories…
If you dig further you can find connections to the CIA FBI J Edgar Hoover Al Warren and the Oil Company and the Man's Room Attendant of the White House for the Kennedy Assassination

Top Bottom