• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

Robb

Gold Member
What about not buying a toilet paper of a particular brand? Did I just cancel that toilet paper company while doing groceries?
SxKEgdM.jpeg

Just imagine how many toilet paper companies you’ve killed, you reckless savage.

Tangerine

Has Shill-up still not reported on this?

The number keeps going up... 300,000 steam curator members for the group potentially.

Elon musk now commenting on something relevant to the topic.

Must be a lot of pressure to continue gate keeping and displaying bias nepotism, by not reporting on this issue.

If he has reported on it and done so accurately unlike the gaming news websites; obviously this post is moot.

Last edited:

Generic

the stellar blade developer is getting a lot of flak for how sexy the women are, I really hope the sales numbers send a clear message that yes, a lot of gamers actually like this.

It’s nuts we’ve already lost whole franchises due to Sonys policies (senran kagura, dead or alive). No idea how this game seemingly avoided getting censored but we need to turn out and buy it to show them that was the correct decision
I know about Senran Kagura but what happened with Dead or Alive?

I know about Senran Kagura but what happened with Dead or Alive?

Apparently progressives in the gaming industry agree with the religious right and hate the female form. Like a lot. Imagine getting so woke you become puritanical and want to conceal women's body for the betterment of society. Shirtless dudes? A-Ok! Women in bikinis? Close this shit down.

Yeah... they are as regressive as they get. They are even using the classic playbooks of an equally insufferable bunch of assholes in some cases.

Last edited:
He won’t say anything or will take the other side. He’s too dependent on industry people like Matt Booty joining his Friends Per Second podcast to ever wade into a controversial take that may offend them.
Yes Matt, Phil and Sarah are all fans of SBI and their BS agenda they push in games. All for the sake of diversity and inclusion. Phil and Co. have their pronouns listed on their company profiles which made me want to throw up when I saw that shite. MS Game studios were the first on the list of studios SBI work with. This whole industry has gone to bloody hell and is in dire need of fixing. Hopefully this exposing of SBI and their racist woke propaganda in gaming will ignite people to revolt and end this crap. Companies involved will start to lose money and their bottom line is all they care about. Hopefully that will make them realize all this pandering to a bunch of weirdos isn’t worth it anymore. The sad part is that they went along with this shite in the first place.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
He's a major player in gaming news. Why is it a witch hunt against shill up and not against any one else not reporting or wrongly reporting on this topic :/

It is a general statement across the board. Not about Shill Up specifically. We are better than the Era types who actively and maliciously look for anyone not in their tribe to try and cancel and silence them.

As Evilore said in the other thread, vote with your wallet and don't purchase ideologically composed games. Educate and inform, don’t try to find targets for a witch hunt.

It is a general statement across the board. Not about Shill Up specifically. We are better than the Era types who actively and maliciously look for anyone not in their tribe to try and cancel and silence them.

As Evilore said in the other thread, vote with your wallet and don't purchase ideologically composed games. Educate and inform, don’t try to find targets for a witch hunt.

Also because this will be weaponized by them. We should not give them any ammo.

Tangerine

That's a very uncharitable interpretation of what I've said. I was discussing what we may have never witnessed or just once before (first gamer gate) in gaming news; a complete unified silence at first followed by a controlling of the narrative.

Skill up was due to drop weekly news video and I was genuinely interested in discussing his take or lack thereof.

Still not sure how one couldn't label any talk of an individuals actions as witch hunting, if they wanted to... not trying to be a dick just trying to understand so I don't break the sites rules again.

It seems I put my foot in it without realising a lot, what with the other thread being closed. Perhaps I should just exit this thread to be safe.

Edit: small violin plays 🎻

Last edited:

Kacho

That's a very uncharitable interpretation of what I've said. I was discussing what we may have never witnessed or just once before (first gamer gate) in gaming news; a complete unified silence at first followed by a controlling of the narrative.

Skill up was due to drop weekly news video and I was genuinely interested in discussing his take or lack thereof.

Still not sure how one couldn't label any talk of an individuals actions as witch hunting, if they wanted to... not trying to be a dick just trying to understand so I don't break the sites rules again.

It seems I put my foot in it without realising a lot, what with the other thread being closed. Perhaps I should just exit this thread to be safe.
Relax bro. It's not that big of a big deal. We're all treading lightly here.

Doczu

Gold Member
Wow, so let me get this straight: SBI is funded by another company led by the sister of Alec Holowka, who killed himself after Zoey went after him for social media visibility?
The "sister" who literally had no problem with the fact that the guy hung himself because a very, very vocal mob with journo's at the helm went after him? And even apologized TO FUCKING ZOEY??

Yeah i have some moral standards and no game touched by SBI will be bought. This is literally a web of connections like the old GG day, can't wait for Zoey to get out of a crack house lamenting how everything is about her again.

Games Journalist Moment.
They are all a part of this cult because they are scared to death of being deemed a racist or homophobe. Amazing how people will throw any integrity they have out the window and cave to lunatics like SBI. They would rather lose everything they have in life than to be called racist……..bunch of sad spineless cowards and nothing more.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I buy what I like not what others tell me I like or can like.
Make sense?

So do we, and gamers have a right to be pissed and be vocal about things that they do not like which are hidden within the game that we do not see until we actually play them. There's a reason why this Sweet Baby company is on the radar now, and that's because so many of the games that people discover this woke mind mentality and content in, have been made with consultation by these people.

If you're going to be a condescending shitbag, leave the conversation to the adults and go play Spiderman 2 again

Am I the only one amused by those who are ignorantly or purposefully pretending that Alan Woke 2 or SM2 weren't brimming with current day? Is it a coincidence that both of those games featured split minority protagonists? Hell, Alan Wake was only playable for 50% of his own sequel. Something tells me the influence of SBI may have had something to do with that.

John Bilbo

Edit: small violin plays 🎻
I think Skill Up is a fluffy boi. He makes easily digestible news content nowadays.

I still watch his content every now and then, but I have to say I enjoyed his content with his brother the most. They had a great chemistry together.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Did they work on Far Cry 6? It sure as hell seems like it.

So far they only list 4 games. I am certain there are more than 4 games on Steam that were made worse by Sweet Baby's involvement. All of this fussing over this curator and they barely list any games. What would really help me is a "woke" tag for Steam. Probably just should avoid any AAA or laughably AAAA games if I want to avoid woke garbage.
There’s many companies doing the same work

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Let this journalists fuckers do their thing ... they have been doing it forever and wont change... dont give them a chanel or clicks, report here the ones giving honest informative factual opinions (if there are any).. lets keep the thread going. Is for the Greater Good.

Last edited:
Wow, so let me get this straight: SBI is funded by another company led by the sister of Alec Holowka, who killed himself after Zoey went after him for social media visibility?
The "sister" who literally had no problem with the fact that the guy hung himself because a very, very vocal mob with journo's at the helm went after him? And even apologized TO FUCKING ZOEY??

Yeah i have some moral standards and no game touched by SBI will be bought. This is literally a web of connections like the old GG day, can't wait for Zoey to get out of a crack house lamenting how everything is about her again.
The part you missed is that this sister inherited Alec Holowka's money after his suicide, and that money was used to to start the company that funded SBI.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member

Yes! I'm against canceling, I'm against brigating, and I'm especially against the sort of "Hey company Y? Did you know person X once said this on twitter? Are you really comfortable employing someone who said that?" type of garbage. Let's not forget, that's how this whole thing started in the first place, and it's the one fact that so many "journalists" refuse to write about.

This all started because someone couldn't stand that someone else disagreed with them then tried to censor their opinion. On top of that, they wanted the creator removed from steam, which would have meant losing access to potentially thousands of dollars in content that they rightfully purchased, all because someone disagreed with their worldview. That's particularly loathsome. Don't do that sort of thing, and don't engage with people who would.

My suggestion: DO "cancel" companies that you have a reason to dislike. DON'T try to cancel individuals, even if they work at companies you dislike.

Unsubbed and down voted... very disappointing.

Keep in mind, I'm sure others are doing the same thing right now, because he didn't "speak up" and defend sweet baby inc from the malicious "gamer gate 2" hate mob. In reality, he's doing what he can for himself, but also his staff. He employs people and is ultimately responsible for their livelihood. If he covered this at all from any direction, it's just going to make some of his audience mad, and cause people to unsubscribe. I can empathize with the situation he's in, and by standing up and refusing to talk about this in either direction, that's still a form of taking a stand, and why he still has my subscription.

Last edited:

JayK47

Check in on your fellow GAFers. Make sure they are okay. Let them know they are loved, that they are appreciated, that they are welcome and that they are talented. Tell them you're not going to let this kind of hate push them out of this industry. Tell them that things like this won't scare all of the community away - that they are protected, and that they have a place here, now more than ever.

I'd be really grateful if you did that.

Check in on your fellow GAFers. Make sure they are okay. Let them know they are loved, that they are appreciated, that they are welcome and that they are talented. Tell them you're not going to let this kind of hate push them out of this industry. Tell them that things like this won't scare all of the community away - that they are protected, and that they have a place here, now more than ever.

internet what GIF

cormack12

Gold Member

012edda8-0439-4583-ab59-fcac5aa7672a_text.gif

Red5

I refuse to believe anyone actually talks like that in real life, they have to be grifting, they can't be all this soft and smarmy.

Top Bottom